Upcoming 2 Billie’s Rolling Stone Interview

Billie Joes Eyelids

19 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I think Billie E just had a cover recently though and Green Day will probably get another soon when their album is released so maybe that’s why.

Oh, you're right! As an alternative, they could've just released different covers - like as a series- and let people choose. I just want GD to be on the cover of more magazines :P

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, kaylubd said:

I get it. Elton John is a legend and he's important to music. And he's a great artist. But Green Day have an album coming out in a few months and Billie talked to probably the most popular artist of the year. It would make way more sense to have those two on the cover. 

Elton also just released a bestselling autobiography that’s out now and not months down the road 

37 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I think Billie E just had a cover recently though and Green Day will probably get another soon when their album is released so maybe that’s why.

Yeah, that makes sense. 

20 minutes ago, Jorgemas said:

2023 exclusive interview Billie joe with BTS. Mah dude hit the mid life crisis

He did in 2012 when he appeared on The Voice with Christina Aguillera :lol:

A great interview! 

I guess this must've been the shoot people were talking about in July when they said that Billies stylist was on a set, as this was the hair that Billie had back then and Duke is credited in the article. 

4 hours ago, DadBod said:

That was a really great interview to both read and also watch. 

I agree Billie Joe actually said stuff directly. His last few interviews before this weren't so direct. 

With Howard Stern I think he just wanted to play the music and not talk so much. 

1 hour ago, WhiteTim said:

Elton also just released a bestselling autobiography that’s out now and not months down the road 

Touche. Totally forgot about that. 

17 minutes ago, SnaggletoothRecords said:

I agree Billie Joe actually said stuff directly. His last few interviews before this weren't so direct. 

With Howard Stern I think he just wanted to play the music and not talk so much. 

I thought he was pretty direct with most of the Howard questions. The only one I feel he didn't response directly to was "WMUWSE", which is understandable.

31 minutes ago, DadBod said:

I thought he was pretty direct with most of the Howard questions. The only one I feel he didn't response directly to was "WMUWSE", which is understandable.

What about the question about writing about money? A lot of ooh and ah and not real words. 

2 minutes ago, SnaggletoothRecords said:

What about the question about writing about money? A lot of ooh and ah and not real words. 

To be fair, he said he felt a bit of imposter syndrome but in some ways, that’s a much more personal question.

20 minutes ago, SnaggletoothRecords said:

What would you say in response to someone asking "How do you feel about being rich?" and try to not sound like an asshole? That's like going up to your coworker and asking "How do you make an hour/month/year?" And yes, I understand he somewhat brought that on by saying it's the first time he's written about money.

@jengd is correct. He did use actual words to describe his feelings on it.

I thought his response to money was fine. How are you supposed to answer that? And also, it's really nobody's business. So not only is he not comfortable talking about it, it's a private matter. He doesn't have to talk about it at all. Like others have said, it's like going up to your friend and asking, so how much do you make a year? It's weird, awkward, and uncomfortable. 

19 minutes ago, DadBod said:

What would you say in response to someone asking "How do you feel about being rich?" and try to not sound like an asshole? That's like going up to your coworker and asking "How do you make an hour/month/year?" And yes, I understand he somewhat brought that on by saying it's the first time he's written about money.

@jengd is correct. He did use actual words to describe his feelings on it.

It feels pretty good actually. It takes a lot of work, dedication and knowledge. Everyone thinks it's easy but you need to be working when they're sleeping. 

The coworker example you brought up isn't similar because that's specifically requesting quantifiable information. Also, I'm their boss so I already know what they're making 😂

1 minute ago, SnaggletoothRecords said:

It feels pretty good actually. It takes a lot of work, dedication and knowledge. Everyone thinks it's easy but you need to be working when they're sleeping. 

The coworker example you brought up isn't similar because that's specifically requesting quantifiable information. Also, I'm their boss so I already know what they're making 😂

Congratulations on sounding like an asshole...

3 minutes ago, DadBod said:

Congratulations on sounding like an asshole...

So anyone who talks about the things they had to do to achieve something is an asshole?

I mean, of course it's nice to be rich as fuck, but is it smart to say so when you want people to connect to you? He can't brag about it and then talk about how he understands it's difficult these days with rents rising or what the hell it was he mentioned in the Kerrang interview. There's not many dumber things he could do, really.

Just now, SnaggletoothRecords said:

So anyone who talks about the things they had to do to achieve something is an asshole?

Yeah, only losers are allowed to speak.

1 minute ago, Beerjeezus said:

I mean, of course it's nice to be rich as fuck, but is it smart to say so when you want people to connect to you? He can't brag about it and then talk about how he understands it's difficult these days with rents rising or what the hell it was he mentioned in the Kerrang interview. There's not many dumber things he could do, really.

People are acting like they just got money out of nowhere. They were fucking squatting to be able to play music as a career.

I think some people don't understand the level of stress and work ethic required to be that successful. 

I think it's more of an asshole move to try and shame people who are successful and not let them even express their voice or opinion. 

@SnaggletoothRecords There nothing wrong with being proud to make money but it's how you (not you per say) respond to questions about it. Just because you're someones boss doesn't make the "how much do you make" question irrelevant.

Green Day's story about literally going "rags to riches" is well known. Billie has said many times in interviews, that he still considers himself working class even though he is technically a 1 percenter. 

8 minutes ago, SnaggletoothRecords said:

People are acting like they just got money out of nowhere. They were fucking squatting to be able to play music as a career.

I think some people don't understand the level of stress and work ethic required to be that successful. 

I think it's more of an asshole move to try and shame people who are successful and not let them even express their voice or opinion. 

I don't think anyone is shaming or silencing successful people. On the contrary, as a society, we put career success and grinding on a pedestal. We act like it's the ultimate goal of our existence.

However, it wouldn't be wise for him to give an answer about how awesome it is to be rich when he's trying to keep an image of someone who can still relate to average people. It's a question if he's good at it, but it's what he's trying to do. He's not a "look at my big pile of money" kind of person.

I also think there's a way to talk about success and the journey there without specifically talking about money.

35 minutes ago, SnaggletoothRecords said:

Yep... 

31 minutes ago, DadBod said:

@SnaggletoothRecords There nothing wrong with being proud to make money but it's how you (not you per say) respond to questions about it. Just because you're someones boss doesn't make the "how much do you make" question irrelevant.

Green Day's story about literally going "rags to riches" is well known. Billie has said many times in interviews, that he still considers himself working class even though he is technically a 1 percenter. 

I didn't say it was irrelevant for that reason. It is irrelevant cause you're comparing a question about how someone feels about their situation to a question that's requesting quantifiable information. 

Boy Eilish is the fakest artist I've seen in a while. Such forced edginess and "wokeness." The overuse of "hip" words and street language is so cringey. Girl was raised by two rich white people and she talks like she grew up in the projects. "Do dat shiite." Really? Someone call the appropriation police because she's putting on a fake black accent. I mean...I get it. She's like 12. But that just makes her music creepier and more uncomfortable to me.

That being said, Billie's constant rambling about being "messy," rebellious, and not caring anymore is getting old. Anyone feel like he's been a lot more "mid-life crisis" than he was during RevRad when he seemed to embrace the adult, father role?

Archived