Why do you think GD Left Warner bros?

Greendazefan69

I heard rumour that Green Day Was Intending to release Cigarettes And Valentines In February of 2019 but because of Wanner Brothers said that the band couldn’t release it, the reason for this being that Rob Cavallo feared that because he was involved in it’s production that the poor quality of the album might ruin his reputation. In response the band fought with Wanner and Cavallo and this eventually caused Wanner to break there ties with Green day and in response the band produced “Father Of all….” in order to make a purposely bad sounding album as a way of making fun of Rob for not letting them release it.

What do u guys think???

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, WhiteTim said:

Cavallo isn’t even with Warner anymore...

He’s not? When did that change?

Just now, DadBod said:

He’s not? When did that change?

December 2012 is when he stepped down from president of Warner 

he’s now focused on his own company

5 minutes ago, WhiteTim said:

December 2012 is when he stepped down from president of Warner 

he’s now focused on his own company

Interesting. Wonder if that decision had anything do to with the trilogy release, as that all happened at the same time.

33 minutes ago, DadBod said:

Interesting. Wonder if that decision had anything do to with the trilogy release, as that all happened at the same time.

No idea 

I am honestly not surprised to see them leave.  They would not be the only band with a sour relationship with the label.

5 hours ago, Greendazefan69 said:

....in response the band produced “Father Of all….” in order to make a purposely bad sounding album as a way of making fun of Rob for not letting them release it.

Green Day would not release music they are not happy with. Not to mention all that stuff about Rob is just made up too. Sounds like another conspiracy theory from someone that doesn’t like the new music and can’t accept that this is the new album.

But they haven't left Warner. On the Howard Stern interview they said they were in negotiations with the label. 

13 minutes ago, cav9mm said:

@OP

When did you hear/read this rumour ?

Mate you asked them 2 hours ago, give them a chance to reply

They said they're leaving to improve their position in negotiation and as a by-product they also got us hyped for a bright punk future. It's kinda smart

2 hours ago, Alan86 said:

Green Day would not release music they are not happy with. Not to mention all that stuff about Rob is just made up too. Sounds like another conspiracy theory from someone that doesn’t like the new music and can’t accept that this is the new album.

This. 😂 got to love gdc

3 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

They said they're leaving to improve their position in negotiation and as a by-product they also got us hyped for a bright punk future. It's kinda smart

They really get a kick out of disappointing me

11 hours ago, Greendazefan69 said:

I heard rumour that Green Day Was Intending to release Cigarettes And Valentines In February of 2019 but because of Wanner Brothers said that the band couldn’t release it, the reason for this being that Rob Cavallo feared that because he was involved in it’s production that the poor quality of the album might ruin his reputation. In response the band fought with Wanner and Cavallo and this eventually caused Wanner to break there ties with Green day and in response the band produced “Father Of all….” in order to make a purposely bad sounding album as a way of making fun of Rob for not letting them release it.

What do u guys think???

I'm going to be honest this is all bullcrap considering there's no sources provided. C&V is vaulted. Do I see a time in the future where they release it as some stunt? Yes I do but we're far from that in present time. 

The major fallacy here is "Rob Cavallo feared because he was involved in it's production that the poor quality of the album might ruin his reputation". He was the producer for the trilogy lol Not to mention his last involvement in the music industry was with Lil Peep in 2017. 

I also highly doubt Green Day would make a "bad sounding album" to stick it to Rob. Rob is literally the reason they're on this record label in the first place and they still are on speaking terms with him. Just get over it you don't like their new music. That's cool. Unfortunately, they don't make music for us they make it for themselves. 

2 minutes ago, Herroon said:

@OP

When did you hear/read this rumour ?

giphy.gif

As long as we're just throwing shit at the wall.... I heard panicland is the Network in disguise and they are behind the MOOTIK rumors. This is the Omega 3000 we've been hearing about

1 hour ago, localinsomniac said:

As long as we're just throwing shit at the wall.... I heard panicland is the Network in disguise and they are behind the MOOTIK rumors. This is the Omega 3000 we've been hearing about

this is actually valid Billie Joe confirmed this when I ran into him on the street yesterday

Archived