Win tickets to Kevin & Bean's Last Breakfast with Green Day (Airing Monday 10/28)

Rumpelstiltskin2000

10 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

Thank you, I learned at least two or three new ways to say "drunk" from this :lol: It is rude though, especially when nothing really happened.

But at least I remembered to watch the performance thanks to this and I'm so impressed - they sound incredible, better than they've done in years. Billie's vocals are so good. I didn't think he sounded that bad recently, but he has improved a lot.  

Welcome 😄 Yeah i think that as well, all these performances were really on point. And it looks like all of the members have much fun on stage again!

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is this just that I'm listening to them after a while and getting excited about it, or is this really so awesome? I wasn't particularly into revrad live (not that it's bad, but it didn't stand out at all) but this is so cool.

6 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

Is this just that I'm listening to them after a while and getting excited about it, or is this really so awesome? I wasn't particularly into revrad live (not that it's bad, but it didn't stand out at all) but this is so cool.

All I'm getting from this post is

`•.¸¸.•´´¯`••._.•   🎀  Å𝓁𝑒𝓈𝓊𝓃𝒹  🎀   •._.••`¯´´•.¸¸.•`

18 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

No it really is that awesome. The improvement is real 

31 minutes ago, Nightlife said:

All I'm getting from this post is

`•.¸¸.•´´¯`••._.•   🎀  Å𝓁𝑒𝓈𝓊𝓃𝒹  🎀   •._.••`¯´´•.¸¸.•`

60d9476e86efb7dc03d01345861d2da5b03c7936

21 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

No it really is that awesome. The improvement is real 

That's in fact quite mindblowing. They were insanely good when I saw them on revrad tour, but this is up a notch. Billie's voice returned to the 21CB times.

11 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

60d9476e86efb7dc03d01345861d2da5b03c7936

That's in fact quite mindblowing. They were insanely good when I saw them on revrad tour, but this is up a notch. Billie's voice returned to the 21CB times.

The thing I’ll say about RevRad is that it was inconsistent. Shows and songs varied in quality and decreased slightly overall as the tour went on.  It will be interesting to see how he holds up through the summer months when it’s most difficult, but if he has made certain tweaks to his technique then he may in fact sustain it better and be fine.  

At this point I’m more concerned about his ability to remember all the words as the tour goes on than his vocal ability 

3 minutes ago, Forever Now said:

Damn, Bang Bang is still that bop. Still sounds as fresh as it did when it was released. 

I know, one of my favorite all time GD songs already and now it’s my favorite live song too (knocking St. Jimmy off its well worn perch and onto its ass)

11 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

The thing I’ll say about RevRad is that it was inconsistent. Shows and songs varied in quality and decreased slightly overall as the tour went on.  It will be interesting to see how he holds up through the summer months when it’s most difficult, but if he has made certain tweaks to his technique then he may in fact sustain it better and be fine.  

At this point I’m more concerned about his ability to remember all the words as the tour goes on than his vocal ability 

That's true. I can't complain about his vocals at the shows I saw, but he had some bad days too. We'll see what happens when the tour starts, but so far he's been doing great. (And with more variation to the setlists and less antics, we have a lot to look forward to.)

He won't remember all the lyrics and I will demand my money back if he doesn't forget anything. It's pretty much an established part of the show at this point :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

the reaction when he says it was the insomniac anniversary was interesting....just because theyre getting older or hes not keen on it?

On 11/21/2019 at 10:21 PM, desertrose said:

Added to the OP in the downloads section. :)

2 hours ago, stefand11 said:

the reaction when he says it was the insomniac anniversary was interesting....just because theyre getting older or hes not keen on it?

I think he was talking about being freaked out that anniversaries will start happening at a faster pace now (getting older) not anything against Insomniac itself.

16 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I think he was talking about being freaked out that anniversaries will start happening at a faster pace now (getting older) not anything against Insomniac itself.

Hopefully, I still hope for the day we see insomniac nimrod and warning get played front to back or even see some deep cuts from them

Ultimate Guitar have reported on Billie forgetting the lyrics and burping (although they call it a hiccup!):

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/green_days_armstrong_forgets_lyrics_during_concert_handles_it_in_style.html

Green Day's Armstrong Forgets Lyrics During Concert, Handles It in Style

The hiccup took place while the band was rocking its 1995 track "Brain Stew."

100262_0_wide_ver1575384216.jpg@642

During Green Day's recent live performance at KROQ's "The Kevin & Bean Show," singer/guitarist Billie Joe Armstrong had a bit of a screw-up during "Brain Stew," forgetting the lyrics mid-song and coping his way out.

"Brain Stew" was originally released as the 10th track of the band's fourth full-length studio album, 1995's "Insomniac."

The group is gearing up to release its 13th studio album "Father of All..." on February 7, 2020. The rest of the set featured "Welcome to Paradise," "Basket Case," the new album's title track, "Revolution Radio," "Bang Bang," and "Minority."

Pro-shot footage of the performance is available in the embedded player below, the screw-up takes place around the 2:10 mark.

I remember at the show in Philly back in 2013 Billie forgot the lyrics to Holiday and then said:

"Philadelphia. I see you. You are under my spell. You are in a trance. Repeat after me. Billie Joe did not forget the lyrics to Holiday tonight"

Video here - it's at 2.36:

I still think this is hilarious. Apparently I'm being reminded that there was a burp in BOBD also (around 3.50):

• 2 months later...
On 10/30/2019 at 12:20 PM, Nightlife said:

Damn that performance of RevRad was so good, probably my favourite one ever! Also why was Brain Stew talked about as a complete shit show? So he forgot some lyrics and burped once, only brings some fun to it lol and he sounded great. Bang Bang could've sounded better but is an absolute blast, way better energy than during the last tour thanks to the attitude Billie puts on during it now. So glad they seem to keep it on the set list and the way they changed up the performance a bit is just great. And that scream he let out after the 'world war zero' part? More of that please. PLEASE. Overall it was definitely my favourite tv/radio performance from them so far in this era and god knows I needed that to get hyped up again.

I just got round to watching this & I agree with pretty much everything here lol. They sounded great, Bang Bang fucking SLAPS even more like this (hope it stays for the tour) and why were people so disgusted by a burp, where have you been for the last 30 years of Billie Joe?? :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Archived