Green Day headlining MTV World Stage on November 2

solongfromthestars

I’m trying to find the rest of their tour dates (they’re in Europe all November) but I saw that Prima Donna is in Barcelona on the 5th so a Seville date on the 2nd with Green Day would probably work out for Kevin 😁

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

they’re in Europe all November

Where did you see that? I'll be back on November 15th so I'm praying for some shows in the second half of the month.🙏

1 minute ago, Thatsername said:

Where did you see that? I'll be back on November 15th so I'm praying for some shows in the second half of the month.🙏

I meant Prima Donna. Don’t want to get your hopes up in case you thought I meant Green Day. 

Prima Donna start in Spain Nov 5 and end there on the 23rd. I wonder if they scheduled their tour to follow Green Day around or if it’s just this one date that worked out. Would Green Day just go to Europe for one show or would they also go around and do a few while they’re there?

Prima Donna dates:

November 5, 2019 @ Rocksound. Barcelona, ES
November 7, 2019 @ Ligera. Milano, IT, 
November 8, 2019 @ Alzati Lazzaro. Genova, IT
November 9, 2019 @ Nasty Boys Saloon. Treviso, IT
November 16, 2019 @ Bitch Fest. Basel, CH
November 17, 2019 @  Les Passagers du Zinc, Besançon, FR
November 23, 2019 @ Wurtlizer Ballroom. Madrid, ES

• Like 1

I've been to Treviso, beautiful place :happy:

I might as well go and see Prima Donna, I've seen them in 2009 before Green Day and they were great. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Yosuke Hanamura said:

Alternative Nation headlines in a nutshell

Have you seen their recent GD ones? *cringe*

• Haha 1

Damn. I might try to do this, if I manage to get the tickets on Thursday I have a crazy but not too expensive potential travel plan. Fingers crossed. 

Do you think this is gonna be an actual set, maybe shorter than the usual, or just 2-3 songs iHearth style? 

1 hour ago, HAPPY ROOTING UNICORN said:

Do you think this is gonna be an actual set, maybe shorter than the usual, or just 2-3 songs iHearth style? 

Looking at last years Muse World Stage setlist they did 15 songs so a bit shorter then usual but not too bad I guess

• Like 1

When GD did the EMA's in 2016 in the Netherlands, they also visited the UK, France and Germany to promote Rev Rad. Hopefully they will do the same to promote FOAM.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, angry_robot said:

Looking at last years Muse World Stage setlist they did 15 songs so a bit shorter then usual but not too bad I guess

That being the case, I don’t think Green Day’s World Stage performance is going to play during the main show. I looked back at some posts for Muse’s World Stage, and it’s hyped the same way as it is here, as playing “during” the EMA’s. That’d be far too long to air during the actual award show though.

By the way, check for MTV Live in your channel listings, that’s where World Stage performances usually air. :D

19 minutes ago, Yosuke Hanamura said:

That being the case, I don’t think Green Day’s World Stage performance is going to play during the main show. I looked back at some posts for Muse’s World Stage, and it’s hyped the same way as it is here, as playing “during” the EMA’s. That’d be far too long to air during the actual award show though.

By the way, check for MTV Live in your channel listings, that’s where World Stage performances usually air. :D

It says part of the performance will be aired during the EMAs:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

It says part of the performance will be aired during the EMAs:

Notice it says part. The whole thing will probably air at a later date.

4 hours ago, DadBod said:

Have you seen their recent GD ones? *cringe*

Sorry cos this is off topic but they are too funny not to share! :lol:

You get the gist :lol:

Kerrang have now reported on this show:

GREEN DAY HAVE ANNOUNCED A ONE-OFF EUROPEAN SHOW NEXT MONTH

Green-Day-October-2019-press-shot.jpg?au

While the epic Hella Mega Tour still feels like forever away yet, Green Day aren’t keeping European fans waiting too long for their return: the band have just announced a one-off show in Seville next month.

As part of the 2019 MTV Europe Music Awards, the trio will be heading to Spain on November 2 for MTV World Stage Seville, with tickets going on general sale this coming Thursday (October 17) at 11am CET via this link. If you can’t make it, part of the performance will be aired the following day during the 2019 MTV EMAs. Awesome.

The gig will be the first since Green Day’s brilliant secret show in Los Angeles with Fall Out Boy and Weezer on September 10 at the Whisky-A-Go-Go, in which they played an epic 12-song set – including their new album’s title-track, Father Of All…, twice in a row.

Talking to Kerrang! about their new music recently, frontman Billie Joe Armstrong revealed that song names were a huge part of the creative process when it came to making Father Of All… (full name: Father Of All Mother Fuckers); in fact, many of his lyrics were based on playful titles that he’d jotted down in the notes on his phone.

“Song titles were really big on this one,” Billie Joe explained. “We have one song called The Art Of The Deal With The Devil – Trump wrote a book called The Art Of The Deal, back in the ’80s or something. It was just these titles that make you laugh. That kind of stuff would lead into lyrics. It’s like a puzzle, just trying to put it together.”

As for why the album is called Father Of All Mother Fuckers?

“Um…” the frontman pondered with a grin. “It’s just a badass title! I think it was Kerry King from Slayer – they have an album called God Hates Us All, and someone asked, ‘Do you really think God hates us all?’ And he goes, ‘I don’t know! It’s just a badass title!’ (Laughs) As soon as the title came up, I was like, ‘Oh man, this is good.’”

• Haha 4

Yeah Alternative Nation is probably one of the worst clickbait / title and story twisting shit out there and my mobile version of Chrome is still suggesting their ''articles'' in my feed.. 😑

25 minutes ago, Mato said:

Yeah Alternative Nation is probably one of the worst clickbait / title and story twisting shit out there and my mobile version of Chrome is still suggesting their ''articles'' in my feed.. 😑

Them and MetalHead. And yes, they are constantly in my "suggested" articles on Chrome, as well.

2 minutes ago, DadBod said:

Them and MetalHead. And yes, they are constantly in my "suggested" articles on Chrome, as well.

Mine too 😂 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, DadBod said:

Same! Every time I open up my browser on my phone, Google always pulls up a MetalHead article. 

1 hour ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

Sorry cos this is off topic but they are too funny not to share! :lol:

Well, there’s some kind of real artistic effort in this titles, I think we have to give them some credit 😂

• Haha 2