• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Happy Birthday RR :)

Love that Getty Image album cover.

*whispers

keep forever now on the set list! 

oh, happy bday Rev Rad

My 1st full GD era. Not only did I really enjoy this album, but a load of great things happened in my life during this era, and I miss the Rev Red era even though I'm enjoying the FOAM era so far. I really hope Bang Bang and/or Forever Now stays on the setlist. 

2 hours ago, DadBod said:

*whispers

keep forever now on the set list! 

oh, happy bday Rev Rad

Not sure now since BJ said JOS was their fav to play😔

Bang Bang must stay another round.

I agree Bang Bang must stay in the concert set list. It’s such a great song.

My own personal favorite is ‘Too Dumb Too Die” 

Happy birthday rev rad, an album I still get excited by when one of the tracks comes up on my random 'shuffle everything Billie has ever sung' playlist. Maybe because they're still the new songs. Whatever reason, they get an extra little smile! 

I truly enjoyed the Rev Rad era.   If only they had done ONE MORE SINGLE it would have been perfect.    I'm STILL waiting on the fourth single, but with each passing day my hopes are dashed and dashed again.   

Since they being all weird this time around, maybe they could mess with us even further by releasing a Rev Rad track NOW. 

Forget Forever Now, I want TOO DUMB TO DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Easily the most forgettable era of green day. The music was just as bland and forgettable as well. Glad it's over. 

I feel like Rev Rad had mostly GREAT songs and a few absolute clunkers. Overall I give it hIgh marks. The problem with the Rev Rad era in my opinion was the absolutely abysmal planning and promotion, and to me their show was stagnant. That’s why I’m really happy with Billie going back to being unpredictable, wild Billie. 

I think it was a great comeback album. Just did not care for youngblood and bouncing off the wall. Still Breathing is my favorite 

19 minutes ago, BUBBYBUB said:

I think it was a great comeback album. Just did not care for youngblood and bouncing off the wall. Still Breathing is my favorite 

I actually like Bouncing Off The Wall. Youngblood is just really cringeworthy to me. And I do not like Say Goodbye. But I guess it’s all subjective. Bang Bang is one of my favorite songs.

I've loved this album ever since it came out 
I do love bang bang and forever now but because of specific sentimental attachments I hope they keep Still Breathing on the setlist

Still breathing is the worst song they’ve ever made. it’s so generic, billie didn’t write it and it could’ve been sung by pink or kelly clarkston. 

>inb4 nightlife 

difference between experimenting and laziness 

52 minutes ago, ImNotInGreenDaydummy said:

Still breathing is the worst song they’ve ever made. it’s so generic, billie didn’t write it and it could’ve been sung by pink or kelly clarkston. 

>inb4 nightlife 

difference between experimenting and laziness 

I disagree I think it is empowering.

1 hour ago, BUBBYBUB said:

I disagree I think it is empowering.

yeah if he wrote it himself

1 hour ago, UNICORN VOMIT said:

@RisingRedWolf if you are still around,.. memories😀

sounds so much better live, especially the beginning, if it were like that on the record it’d be a fuckin hit. i’d say it’d be rev rads letter bomb (obviously not even close to as good as LB, but just for the sake of the argument)

2 hours ago, ImNotInGreenDaydummy said:

yeah if he wrote it himself

Part of the verses melody is derivative of a Struts song, so others are credited in the songwriting together with Billie. But he did write the lyrics and the rest of the music. Saying “he didn’t write it” is not true. 

I really liked Revrad and understand why some people say it felt safe but for me it felt a little “classic rock” which is fine but I think this band have more to give, which is why I am so excited by FOAM right now, I think it feels like a newer, fresh sound and am hoping it’s kind of a change of direction or vibe, something a bit different which no doubt, some fans will love and some not.  Think I’m merging threads now 😂😂

1 hour ago, HAPPY ROOTING UNICORN said:

Part of the verses melody is derivative of a Struts songs, so other are credited in the songwriting together with Billie. But he did write the lyrics and the rest of the music. Saying “he didn’t write it” is not true. 

u right i forgot that was the reason there was other song writers credited. billie still the most authentic song writer in the genre 

Can't believe it's been 3 years already. This album and the whole era will always have a very special place in my heart. All of it felt so happy, genuine and grateful from start to finish. Green Day was back in the saddle, and so was I after a very difficult time in my own life. But a light shone into the wreckage and we were both ready for a new start. I don't know if Still Breathing really is my favorite GD song because there are just too many and they keep changing, but it's definitely that one precious song that will always be a symbol for me that you can get better, even if you're broken. RevRad era will probably always be my favorite era and it still feels hard to let go, to be honest. Happy birthday RevRad.

Happy Anniversary to the album that brought us the greatest end of set song ever, Forever Now. May it always be in the setlist.  

Archived