Green Day Nominated for Best Rock Artist - MTV EMA Nominees

Rumpelstiltskin2000

Just now, Sheenius said:

As in it doesn't mean that in Ireland or it doesn't mean something different and you're aware it's a racial slur? 

As in its not a racist slur. not sure where you picked that up from. 

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You've both been issued a warning now. The next one will result in a 24 hour suspension. Cut it out. 

6 minutes ago, Khaleesi. said:

You've both been issued a warning now. The next one will result in a 24 hour suspension. Cut it out. 

Please see your direct messages. I have a valid question for you. 

Couple of articles about Tre falling out the car:

https://metro.co.uk/2019/11/04/mtv-emas-2019-green-days-tre-cool-falls-car-red-carpet-still-manages-look-cool-11036182/

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/showbiz/green-days-tre-cool-spectacularly-20804668

And one from Rock Sound about the award the guys won:

https://www.rocksound.tv/news/read/green-day-have-taken-out-best-rock-at-the-mtv-emas

GREEN DAY HAVE TAKEN OUT BEST ROCK AT THE MTV EMAS

Screenshot_2019-11-04_at_11.06.58.png

They've only been back a couple of months, but 2019 has already been a massive year for Green Day. 

Just to recap - they roared back with a brand new single, new album announcement, world tour of stadiums (with Fall Out Boy and Weezer) AND they played their seminal classic album 'Dookie' in full last week at their show in Madrid. 

It's been a monumentally huge few months for Green Day. Which is why it really does make sense that last night they took out the MTV EMA for Best Rock at the ceremony in Seville, Spain.

They were competing in the category with Panic! At The Disco, The 1975, Imagine Dragons, and for some reason Liam Gallagher? 

And Billie told Entertainment News he was "Captain Naughty"! Sounds about right!

“Watched” the show last night.  Thank god I got it on catch up, I would have had to rip my ears off before getting to GD and there was still lots of it to come! It was quite funny that the dreadful host female tried to tell everyone they were  performing that evening when they were sitting in the audience but hey, that just fell into line with what overblown shite it was.  GD were great though 😀.  If anyone watches it like I did, don’t switch it off the second they get their award, there are some good shots in the next gap filler bit, especially Billie and Mike chest bumping 🥰😀

6 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

When are we gonna get to see all those interviews they did while they were in Spain?

Already vaulted

14 minutes ago, kaylubd said:

Billie's little jig :lol:

And then he sticks his tongue out 😂

72753861_10157281684913961_3833038203196

: Billie Joe Armstrong and a guest backstage during the MTV EMAs 2019 at FIBES Conference and Exhibition Centre on November 03, 2019 in Seville, Spain. (Photo by Tristan Fewings/MTV 2019/Getty Images for MTV)

75418196_10157281684458961_1411508059431

69929868_10157281684108961_6535812232956

74493153_10157281684038961_7769359095571

Is that one of those VIP swag events at these awards shows where they give you loads of free stuff hoping you’ll wear or endorse it?

1 minute ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Is that one of those VIP swag events at these awards shows where they give you loads of free stuff hoping you’ll wear or endorse it?

Looks like it but I’m not sure the expression on Mike’s face is what they are hoping for 😂😂

7 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

looks like it :lol: I'll never forget the Sopranos episode with Ben Kingsley where he gets all the free stuff hahaha

22 minutes ago, jengd said:

Looks like it but I’m not sure the expression on Mike’s face is what they are hoping for 😂😂

13 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

looks like it :lol: I'll never forget the Sopranos episode with Ben Kingsley where he gets all the free stuff hahaha

I wonder how much crap they’ve collected over the years (and how much was regifted for Christmas to friends and family) 😄

2 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I wonder how much crap they’ve collected over the years (and how much was regifted for Christmas to friends and family) 😄

well it's a way to get the polite gifts sorted withought having to actually care about it so it's a win-win :lol:

Archived