Green Day Nominated for Best Rock Artist - MTV EMA Nominees

Rumpelstiltskin2000

12 minutes ago, kaylubd said:

I'm guessing some of their performance from the Spain show will be played during the EMAs but I guess they won't actually be there.

Why wouldn’t they if it’s in the same city the following day?

Nevermind, just saw the tweet from the other thread that says they will show highlights from the show at the EMAs. Don’t know why they wouldn’t perform live if they were they but maybe they have other stuff planned.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Why wouldn’t they if it’s in the same city the following day?

Nevermind, just saw the tweet from the other thread that says they will show highlights from the show at the EMAs. Don’t know why they wouldn’t perform live if they were they but maybe they have other stuff planned.

Yeah I thought they would be there but the tweet made it sound like they're not. They might have something else going on too.

On 10/3/2019 at 3:39 PM, LaughingClock said:

Billie Eilish is all over that.  Did you guys see her on SNL.  Shes pretty amazing.  She should win everything.

Omg she suck. This is for little girls

45 minutes ago, Jorgemas said:

Billie Eilish is good seriously. Well I like her.

I hope they win because it is the only category that they are nominated and they would go to the awards to see since their presentation will be recorded

Billie Eilish is a bad example for young women (Being mentally ill is cool!) and her whole image is completely fabricated. Her parents are both connected to the industry. So is her brother. The fact that people think artists aren't carefully designed by record companies these days blows my mind.

2 hours ago, DookieLukie said:

Billie Eilish is a bad example for young women (Being mentally ill is cool!) and her whole image is completely fabricated.

That’s literally what old(er) people were saying of Green Day when Dookie came out lol. I don’t think I have to remind you that one of the band’s most known songs is Basket Case, whose music video is shot in a mental health hospital. 

I’m sorry if I’m going off topic with this, but openly dealing with mental health and fighting against the social stigma that in 2019 still surrounds it it’s not making it “cool”, it’s making it right. 

5 hours ago, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

Billie Eilish is good seriously. Well I like her.

I have watched and listened some music her. IMHO she really bad, boring and cringe

3 hours ago, Jorgemas said:

I have watched and listened some music her. IMHO she really bad, boring and cringe

I don't want you to like her. I said that I like her music. I'll not be surprise if she win everything.

4 hours ago, HAPPY ROOTING UNICORN said:

That’s literally what old(er) people were saying of Green Day when Dookie came out lol.

Yes, not to mention that their cool image at the time was doing speed :P that's unarguably a worse example for the youth than destigmatising mental illness.

3 hours ago, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

I don't want you to like her. I said that I like her music. I'll not be surprise if she win everything.

I hope Donald trump cover win it

7 hours ago, HAPPY ROOTING UNICORN said:

That’s literally what old(er) people were saying of Green Day when Dookie came out lol. I don’t think I have to remind you that one of the band’s most known songs is Basket Case, whose music video is shot in a mental health hospital. 

I’m sorry if I’m going off topic with this, but openly dealing with mental health and fighting against the social stigma that in 2019 still surrounds it it’s not making it “cool”, it’s making it right. 

There is a difference between someone who openly copes with mental health and works towards improvement, and someone who uses their mental health as a way to profit, be unique, and suggests that they are better staying depressed or whatever she's dealing with. Billie Joe has never suggested that being anxious makes him a better person. In fact, he complains about how difficult it is. Egodystonic expression of mental health is good. Egosyntonic expression of mental health is bad. Look at the research on people who see their MH symptoms as part of their personality. Nothing good comes from that.

6 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

There is a difference between someone who openly copes with mental health and works towards improvement, and someone who uses their mental health as a way to profit, be unique, and suggests that they are better staying depressed or whatever she's dealing with. Billie Joe has never suggested that being anxious makes him a better person. In fact, he complains about how difficult it is. Egodystonic expression of mental health is good. Egosyntonic expression of mental health is bad. Look at the research on people who see their MH symptoms as part of their personality. Nothing good comes from that.

Can you give an example of how Billie E “uses her mental health as a way to profit”?

13 minutes ago, Billie Joe's Eyelids said:

Can you give an example of how Billie E “uses her mental health as a way to profit”?

Aside from how all her issues were planned about as her image by her label?

23 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

Aside from how all her issues were planned about as her image by her label?

How do you know this?  Also, how do you know she’s never done anything about her issues?

15 hours ago, Jorgemas said:

lol no

1 minute ago, Jorgemas said:

IMHO it is for sissy girls

Dude grow up

12 minutes ago, EmmaCharlatan&Saints said:

Dude grow up

I’m 26 and im not dude. Grow up for have opinion?

13 minutes ago, EmmaCharlatan&Saints said:

Dude grow up

You can listen as much you want idc lol

19 minutes ago, Jorgemas said:

IMHO it is for sissy girls

IMHO don't listen to her and move on.

2 hours ago, Jorgemas said:

I’m 26 and im not dude. Grow up for have opinion?

You can listen as much you want idc lol

Calling it for ''sissys'; isint an opinion its childish. But anyway hope we get to hear another new song possibly. 

2 hours ago, EmmaCharlatan&Saints said:

But anyway hope we get to hear another new song possibly. 

God I hope not. It's like with eating at grandma's "thanks it's really good but I've had enough"

On 10/16/2019 at 5:57 PM, Jorgemas said:

Agree to disagree. 

17 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

God I hope not. It's like with eating at grandma's "thanks it's really good but I've had enough"

For you maybe. 

Archived