Green Day Nominated for Best Rock Artist - MTV EMA Nominees

Rumpelstiltskin2000

Green Day have been nominated for Best Rock Artist at the MTV EMA Awards taking place on 3 November 2019 in Seville, Spain:

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop/8531813/2019-mtv-ema-nominees

You can vote here:

https://www.mtvema.com/en-gb

Voting is open until 11.59 pm CET on 2 November 2019.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry but Imagine Dragons gonna win.
I'll vote Green Day but I can't see how they can win.

3 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

Sorry but Imagine Dragons gonna win.
I'll vote Green Day but I can't see how they can win.

I think Panic! at the disco will win this easily, not that I'm happy about it. 

They included Back in the USA and not FOAMF as the artist video. Weird. 

1 minute ago, J a c said:

They included Back in the USA and not FOAMF as the artist video. Weird. 

They’re screwed. Also the new 1975 song is amazing

Nice to see they are nominated! :D Wouldn't be surprised if P!ATD or one of the others win though due to it being a popularity contest 🙄 :P 

Hold on, Back in the USA is nominated instead of Father of All...? Somerhing tells me that’s a glitch, considering they’re using Green Day’s recent photoshoot to represent them.

Father of All prolly came out too late to be included or something

That's OK though the award's for the band as a whole not the song. It's cool that they're even nominated when they haven't been doing much in the last year!

So now they are promoting it. I was just thinking: there isn't any concert announced in Spain yet and the EMAs are in Seville.

Last year the EMAs were also in Spain (Bilbao), and the day before MTV organized a stadium show including Muse as headliner. Rock act, with an album to be released, and a summer stadium tour to be promoted. Right after that they announced the details of their tour.

So I don't know, it seems pretty similar to GD's case. So could it be possible that Green Day are flying right to Spain just for this thing? I know they did it when RevRad (to the Netherlands). Maybe not only for the awards but for a special concert too. Oh! FOB and Weezer also have free these dates.

Billie Eilish is all over that.  Did you guys see her on SNL.  Shes pretty amazing.  She should win everything.

13 hours ago, Yosuke Hanamura said:

Wish they were playing as well.

Fingers crossed plus a mini promo tour through Europe.

14 minutes ago, LaughingClock said:

Billie Eilish is all over that.  Did you guys see her on SNL.  Shes pretty amazing.  She should win everything.

To me she’s the best thing that happened to pop and alternative music in the last 15 years ❤️

• 2 weeks later...

Well now they're having to come all the way to Europe we need to get them their award. Let's be fangirls and keep voting :D 

So whether they win or not, does this pretty much confirm they’ll be there to perform on the EMAs on the 3rd?

I'm guessing some of their performance from the Spain show will be played during the EMAs but I guess they won't actually be there.

Archived