New Single "Fire, Ready, Aim" Will Debut October 9th

Todd

FRA is such a fun song when you’re three sheets to the wind. Also Green Day totaled sampled from the Beatles’ “should have known better” on “Hold On”, and the alternative cut proves it. Still love the boys, though.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am unsure of who to share this thought with atm so I guess this thread would be a good start
I'm still not really into this song but I did have a thought at like 3 AM of where it could be a good use
Considering this is BASICALLY an NHL jingle (no matter how much they say it's meant to be a single on its own) I could probably hear it being used as a pep band thing and wouldn't even mind
Hell, I'd see if I can transcribe it myself if I decide I'm feelin it that day

Spoiler

Hell yeah my nerd is showing

I love this song so much. This is one of these songs that is not fun to play on guitar (since it's just same riff all over again) but it's really fun listen to. I really wish they play it live even once, but I still have big doubts to it.

1 hour ago, Miko said:

I love this song so much. This is one of these songs that is not fun to play on guitar (since it's just same riff all over again) but it's really fun listen to. I really wish they play it live even once, but I still have big doubts to it.

The power chord riff is also really hard to play at least for me

5 minutes ago, Jankowski576 said:

The power chord riff is also really hard to play at least for me

Do you mean sliding part? It's simple when you listen it over and over again, timing is the key.

EDIT: This video shows it the best.

• 3 weeks later...

I think I'm starting to come around on this song. I hope they play it live soon though, I'm really not a fan of Billie's higher-pitched vocals.

3 minutes ago, theangel said:

I think I'm starting to come around on this song. I hope they play it live soon though, I'm really not a fan of Billie's higher-pitched vocals.

Me too, the song is a grower! But I think that a remastering would be quite good. The song sounds way better on speakers that are weak in the low frequencies 😅

On 11/16/2019 at 11:31 PM, W_FInkThePlatypusHunter said:

FRA is such a fun song when you’re three sheets to the wind.

It's what it is a fun quick song with some energy. Now we'll just wait for all the people who expected them to write the next Bohemian Rhapsody for the NHL 😂

While it's been awesome being a part of GDC and being a GD nerd with other GD nerds I have to say this fan base at times makes me want to jump off a 20 story building with their expectations. 

I'm enjoying the energy that's been showcased on the record so far and the new songs make it intriguing for me. I've been listening to the same old GD songs for almost 20 years now. 

• 1 month later...

Has anyone else noticed how buried Billie's vocals are on the album/single version? I listened to the video again to see if it was the same but they're louder on the video. At points the backing vocals seem louder than Billie!

A lot of my youtube music reviewers are saying this song is the best of the bunch.  

This one and Crawl.  I know I am weird and it's great being THE MINORITY but those two??

Those two????

4 hours ago, That Dude said:

A lot of my youtube music reviewers are saying this song is the best of the bunch.  

This one and Crawl.  I know I am weird and it's great being THE MINORITY but those two??

Those two????

Oh no, I despise FRA with a passion, as I've made quite clear on here several times I think :lol:

Archived