New Single "Fire, Ready, Aim" Will Debut October 9th

Todd

1 minute ago, Beerjeezus said:

I just hope this doesn't mean I'll now have to hear about hockey for 2 years. A theme song is cool, but I hope it stops with that, because I'd rather get kicked in the balls than have to look at sports related stuff.

''Songs from Green Day's new album will be featured in NHL game highlights, broadcast bumpers, tune-in campaigns, and in-arena jumbotron content created and distributed by the NHL, its teams and television partners NBC Sports Group, Sportsnet and TVA Sports across their respective broadcast, digital and social platforms. The partnership includes performances, appearances and other collaborations.''

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since this song is going to be a theme song for NBC broadcasts, do you think it's going to be released only for that purpose or is it on the upcoming album? 

1 minute ago, sampy said:

Since this song is going to be a theme song for NBC broadcasts, do you think it's going to be released only for that purpose or is it on the upcoming album? 

It’s been confirmed that it’s going to be on Father of All...

"The song, ”Ready, Fire, Aim” isn’t custom-made for the NHL and will be on Green Day’s next album, though it’s likely a matter of time until Green Day or another band follows what Hank Williams and later Carrie Underwood did for the NFL."

It will be on the album.

Looks like we won't have to wait until Friday to hear new tracks before the album is released as well.  The NBC article states that new singles from their album will be released on ”Wednesday Night Hockey.”  Some good cross-promotion.  

2 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

''Songs from Green Day's new album will be featured in NHL game highlights, broadcast bumpers, tune-in campaigns, and in-arena jumbotron content created and distributed by the NHL, its teams and television partners NBC Sports Group, Sportsnet and TVA Sports across their respective broadcast, digital and social platforms. The partnership includes performances, appearances and other collaborations.''

That's okay and easy enough to avoid except for the "performances appearances other collabs" part. Does hockey has something like an equivalent of the Superbowl half-time show?

Just now, ollhjr said:

Looks like we won't have to wait until Friday to hear new tracks before the album is released as well.  The NBC article states that new singles from their album will be released on ”Wednesday Night Hockey.”  Some good cross-promotion.  

Think it’s still a week Wednesday though, not two days time.

3 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

Does hockey has something like an equivalent of the Superbowl half-time show?

The All-Star Game on January 20th or the Stanley Cup Finals during June.

Just now, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

The All-Star Game on January 20th or the Stanley Cup Finals during June.

Articles says they’ll appear in January.

we are completely glossing over the best part of this clip...even if it is only a split second...

Tre driving a zamboni.

So how much fucking money are they making with this two year deal? This is huge. It supports my theory that they are seriously cashing in to feed the kitty for their independent years when they can do whatever the fuck they want. Good for them.

Just now, dallasthemenace said:

we are completely glossing over the best part of this clip...even if it is only a split second...

Tre driving a zamboni.

Does he have a helmet on? It’s so quick I couldn’t tell who it was but I didn’t see brown hair

5 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

This is huge. It supports my theory that they are seriously cashing in to feed the kitty for their independent years when they can do whatever the fuck they want. Good for them.

Does he have a helmet on? It’s so quick I couldn’t tell who it was but I didn’t see brown hair

im sure they are. why TF not? y'know?

and i wasnt sure at first, but thats his big brown coif. freeze it @ 0:11... cant miss it, purple chucks, gold stripe pants...

10 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

So how much fucking money are they making with this two year deal? This is huge. It supports my theory that they are seriously cashing in to feed the kitty for their independent years when they can do whatever the fuck they want. Good for them.

Maybe you're right but I'm afraid by the time the cool independent years come everyone will be fed up with them.

the long awaited sequel to the 2012 smash hit Kill the DJ, a fan favorite and all around absolute anthem/masterpiece

7 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

Maybe you're right but I'm afraid by the time the cool independent years come everyone will be fed up with them.

My personal theory is that they're burning bridges and cashing in so they can go full out Green Day in the years to come. 

Divide the fan base with Father Of All's vocal filters; re-use AI art; sound more poppy etc; FOAM is actually a middle finger to WB;

To me it's like "career suicide"* so they don't have to adhere to any foundations after FOAM, and start completely from scratch. 

Plus with hopes for Magnum Opus, I think either the boys are going all out or just playing the cards they have and we're reading waaaay too much into it all. 

*Career suicide meaning making the album and everything as controversial as possible for us deep fans

16 minutes ago, j3sus0fsuburbia said:

My personal theory is that they're burning bridges and cashing in so they can go full out Green Day in the years to come. 

Divide the fan base with Father Of All's vocal filters; re-use AI art; sound more poppy etc; FOAM is actually a middle finger to WB;

To me it's like "career suicide"* so they don't have to adhere to any foundations after FOAM, and start completely from scratch. 

Plus with hopes for Magnum Opus, I think either the boys are going all out or just playing the cards they have and we're reading waaaay too much into it all. 

*Career suicide meaning making the album and everything as controversial as possible for us deep fans

I like this theory, but can't really believe it. The simplest explanation is usually correct and that's just that they're cashing in because why not. There's no Magnum Opus (at least according to someone who says he talked to billie yesterday) and who knows what's coming in the future. Maybe they just want to fund their coke use. But I really like what you say about foam. Hope you're right.

On another note, I listened to the clip: it's not possible to make any conclusion from it, but anyway... It seems too poppy/bubblegummy for my taste but like Foam, it has a more lively sound than the trilogy, so that's good and I really dig the wail-y instrumental bit. I rate 3.6

1 minute ago, cav9mm said:

I’ve a feeling there is going to be a lot of handclaps on this record 

There was a lot on the Longshot record. 

Archived