New Single "Fire, Ready, Aim" Will Debut October 9th

Todd

https://www.forbes.com/sites/carolschram/2019/09/30/green-day-ready-to-rock-the-nhl-with-new-2-year-partnership-agreement/#813b2f5686ed

https://nhl.nbcsports.com/2019/09/30/nhls-hank-williams-green-day-song-may-be-new-hockey-anthem/

Forbes is calling the song "Fire, Ready, Aim" while NBC lists it as "Ready, Fire, Aim". The official Green Day account confirmed the title as "Fire, Ready, Aim" :) 

Listen to a clip here:

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Todd changed the title to New Single "Fire, Ready, Aim" Will Debut October 9th
1 minute ago, AnonymWarnerGermany said:

This sounds so much like 

I'm sure Green Day took inspiration from them :)

3 minutes ago, Mato said:

I'm sure Green Day took inspiration from them :)

I don't think so but it sounds exactly like this :D

So we can add this to our list of know album tracks. That makes seven now.

Fire, Ready, Aim just makes me think of Stop, Drop and Roll. That’s a good thing btw 😄

5 minutes ago, Sean Walford said:

At this rate the entire album is gonna set WWE up with PPV theme songs for the following 10 months... 

They were already down the road with WWE, don’t need to do it again.

So whatever they were filming in the rink, is for Wednesday Night Hockey. Sounds like a vignette leading into the broadcast, if I'm reading the article correctly.

The title is bothering me because obviously it's a play on the phrase "Ready, Aim, Fire", but it isn't backwards (Fire, Aim, Ready), it's just in a random different order. There better be a reason for this :P 

Just now, Hermione said:

The title is bothering me because obviously it's a play on the phrase "Ready, Aim, Fire", but it isn't backwards (Fire, Aim, Ready), it's just in a random different order. There better be a reason for this :P 

There's definitely a reason for it. Like shoot first, ask questions later or something along those lines.

1 minute ago, localinsomniac said:

There's definitely a reason for it. Like shoot first, ask questions later or something along those lines.

Exactly what I was thinking.

Just now, localinsomniac said:

Yeah I get that's why fire is first but why not just reverse the whole phrase? :P I guess maybe it's like they just skipped fire to the front and left the rest but it's too awkward for me lol

6 minutes ago, Hermione said:

I'm not able to memorize the title :P

The reason for it is it’s use in the song, he says “Ready, aim, fire, fire, ready, aim.” Like shooting but shooting again.

1 minute ago, Train27 said:

The reason for it is it’s use in the song, he says “Ready, aim, fire, fire, ready, aim.” Like shooting but shooting again.

This and also it just sounds good

3 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

This and also it just sounds good

I’m not home to hear this, but it seems no one is talking about Billie’s vocals so I guess they are back to normal. 

4 minutes ago, rev said:

I’m not home to hear this, but it seems no one is talking about Billie’s vocals so I guess they are back to normal. 

Yes and it sounds awesome. 

This song I can get excited about unlike the last. Father of all just doesn't do it for me in the slightest.

I just hope this doesn't mean I'll now have to hear about hockey for 2 years. A theme song is cool, but I hope it stops with that, because I'd rather get kicked in the balls than have to look at sports related stuff.

Archived