Green Day Partners with NHL for Wednesday Night Hockey

Squashie

How does one go about getting tickets to the All Star Game to see them perform there? Are they going to let fans know how they can buy? I’d like to go if I could, but they have scheduled events all weekend and I would want to get the right tickets for the right event.

2 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

How does one go about getting tickets to the All Star Game to see them perform there? Are they going to let fans know how they can buy? I’d like to go if I could, but they have scheduled events all weekend and I would want to get the right tickets for the right event.

They are not on sale yet, but here's information about tickets and the weekend in general:

https://www.nhl.com/blues/fans/all-star-game

The performance is during break between one of the games on Sunday. It will be short, some of it will be televised on NBC Sports Network.

How the games work:

The divisions play each other (Metro vs. Atlantic; Pacific vs. Central). Then  the winners of each division play for the million dollar prize.

7 hours ago, DadBod said:

Hmm..... do I make a trek to STL for the All Star Game for my b-day weekend???

Per article above:

'The band will also perform at the All-Star Game in St. Louis in late January, and new singles from its album will be released on ”Wednesday Night Hockey.”'

Right? My parents are near St. Louis and my mom already said I should buy tickets to the game :lol: Hey, I'll check out prices when they go up at least.

18 minutes ago, kaylubd said:

Right? My parents are near St. Louis and my mom already said I should buy tickets to the game :lol: Hey, I'll check out prices when they go up at least.

Really depends on who the “all stars” are that go for me. Crosby will get selected and won’t go, same with ovechkin and probably Toews. 

5 minutes ago, DadBod said:

Really depends on who the “all stars” are that go for me. Crosby will get selected and won’t go, same with ovechkin and probably Toews. 

The only thing I know about hockey is Blackhawks and Wayne Gretzky so,,,, 🤷‍♀️

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, kaylubd said:

The only thing I know about hockey is Blackhawks and Wayne Gretzky so,,,, 🤷‍♀️

You’re halfway there! 😂

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, kaylubd said:

The only thing I know is field hockey 

Sooo I guess us Aussies are a still a while off tour dates.....

I like ice hockey but before this I only connected with NHL through the PS2 EA videogames :D 
I just found out that the Vancouver team has been using Holiday as a goal horn for many years

• Like 3

3 hours ago, J a c said:

I like ice hockey but before this I only connected with NHL through the PS2 EA videogames :D 
I just found out that the Vancouver team has been using Holiday as a goal horn for many years

Yup they put back holiday last year.
Holiday was their goal horn until 2016. Then during 2 seasons they had a shitty song. 

• Like 1

It’s good that their opener doesn’t premiere until next Wednesday because tonight starts the highlights of the iHeart music festival airing on the CW network. They might have been competing with themselves on two different channels on TV.  

28 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

It’s good that their opener doesn’t premiere until next Wednesday because tonight starts the highlights of the iHeart music festival airing on the CW network. They might have been competing with themselves on two different channels on TV.  

Ooo good to know! I'll have to keep my eye on the CW to see the boys.

6 minutes ago, Charby said:

if they made a green day hockey jersey i would buy it.

omg it would be awesome!!

8 minutes ago, Charby said:

if they made a green day hockey jersey i would buy it.

Oh wow I didn’t even think of this but yesss! They actually could they did special jerseys for Wrigley Field and Oakland last tour.

I know that Tre went to the Penguins game when they were here on their Rev Rad tour, it would be cool to see a GD theme Penguins jersey as well :) this is pretty cool!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, PursuitOfEpicness said:

I know that Tre went to the Penguins game when they were here on their Rev Rad tour, it would be cool to see a GD theme Penguins jersey as well :) this is pretty cool!

Let’s Go Pens! 🐧❤️ 

• Like 1

I don’t really know what’s different or special about a hockey jersey but GD and Penguins, (really there’s a team called the Penguins) those are two of my favourite things, I would have to get one.

1 hour ago, jengd said:

I don’t really know what’s different or special about a hockey jersey but GD and Penguins, (really there’s a team called the Penguins) those are two of my favourite things, I would have to get one.

It’s Pittsburgh’s team 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, PursuitOfEpicness said:

Tre is a San Jose Sharks fan. The Sharks have pretty nice jerseys so a green day themed sharks jersey could look pretty cool. A green day penguins jersey lol just... no. 

• Sad 1

I'll always remember Tré Cool with a Montreal Canadiens jersey during an interview in the much music studio at Montreal. 

Green Day Ready To Rock The NHL With New 2-Year Partnership Agreement

https://www.forbes.com/sites/carolschram/2019/09/30/green-day-ready-to-rock-the-nhl-with-new-2-year-partnership-agreement/?fbclid=IwAR01qoUMx_94EFYw5o0tjOoBEHikH6ecRwoef1Ivzvd8kyDHFUD90jFY-rk#18fca817686e

Wednesday Night Hockey is getting an assist this season from one of the biggest bands of the last 30 years.

On Monday, the NHL announced that it has inked a two-year agreement with Green Day. The partnership kicks off on October 9 with the debut of a new song, “Fire, Ready, Aim,” which will be featured on NBCSN’s Wednesday Night Hockey broadcasts and on NHL on NBC .

“Green Day is the perfect band for the NHL,” said NHL Chief Content Officer and Executive Vice President Steve Mayer. “Their music fits so perfectly with the energy, speed and power that we witness on the ice and each and every night.

“We are so excited to start this partnership with the NBC Sports open. It was so much fun to shoot and we think our fans will love it.”

The players shot their parts during the league’s season-opening player media tour in Chicago in September.

On 9/30/2019 at 1:06 PM, DadBod said:

Classic Billie with the song titled "Fire Ready Aim", but says "Ready, Aim, Fire" in the actual lyrics.

@TheNimrodsPodcast Another "Billie-ism" for ya! 

he sing " Ready Aim Fire, Fire Ready aim"

Fire Ready Aim, is act with emotions, Ready Aim Fire, its like be a more centered guy, and planned

i dont know the rest of the lyric but singing that to me means the struggle of someone trying to do "things right, with the head cold, and dealing with the impulse and emotions