Green Day Partners with NHL for Wednesday Night Hockey

Squashie

1 hour ago, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

“When I first got to the league, one of the first bookings was going to be Green Day, for the opening ceremonies for the World Cup of Hockey in Toronto (in 2016),” recalled Mayer. “I have to admit, I impressed my fellow employees with that booking right off the bat.
“But one week before the event, I got a phone call that Green Day was cancelling four or five tour dates and that included our event, because one of the members of the band had fallen ill.

We all know what really happened :(

He’s talking 2016, I remember they pretty well all caught a nasty bug, we blamed playing with the new jams here at the time.

11 minutes ago, jengd said:

He’s talking 2016, I remember they pretty well all caught a nasty bug, we blamed playing with the new jams here at the time.

Yeah, I remember either Joey or Jakob mentioning it went through their whole house.  I think I remember Jason having it too.  Mine was one of the rescheduled shows.

• Like 2

There was a radio interview Mike and Tre did that week and they said Billie couldn’t be there because he was home with 104 temperature or something 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

There was a radio interview Mike and Tre did that week and they said Billie couldn’t be there because he was home with 104 temperature or something 

That would be this podcast.

Bill S. also posted on the board that it was the flu going through the band/crew. @Little Boy Named Airplane

• Thanks 4

During the last hour a couple of TV Sport Station in Quebec posted this partnership. Yeah finally some publicity about Green Day in Quebec! Obviously it had to be connected to hockey for them (the media) to talk about it.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

yeah they were sick for sure no doubt about it. I had tickets to the show and was pumped for the World Cup of Hockey. Sadly had to get a refund. 

Oddly enough they came back the next year and were also sick during the Toronto show lol

• Sad 1

Just now, SnaggletoothRecords said:

I had tickets to the show and was pumped for the World Cup of Hockey. Sadly had to get a refund. 

I did too. I was so bummed out. :(

Just now, Khaleesi. said:

I did too. I was so bummed out. :(

I was too. I wasn't feeling well though at the time so in a way it was probably for the best in my case cause standing that entire time would have destroyed me lol 

One thing that makes me excited for Hella Mega is the fact that I can be on the floor but still have a seat. If I'm having a moment where I need to tough it out I can atleast sit down and let it pass. 

• Like 2

This tweet made me chuckle because I hate that damn canon, but GD would totally go for it.

2 minutes ago, SnaggletoothRecords said:

I was too. I wasn't feeling well though at the time so in a way it was probably for the best in my case cause standing that entire time would have destroyed me lol 

One thing that makes me excited for Hella Mega is the fact that I can be on the floor but still have a seat. If I'm having a moment where I need to tough it out I can atleast sit down and let it pass. 

This is one of the reasons why I got for an actual seat. Especially in the dead of summer at an outdoor event. I can't wait!

2 minutes ago, DadBod said:

This tweet made me chuckle because I hate that damn canon, but GD would totally go for it.

This is one of the reasons why I got for an actual seat. Especially in the dead of summer at an outdoor event. I can't wait!

lmao only a matter of time where GD shows are a bunch of us with grey hair and canes 

I remember being 16 in the pit at a GD show 1 month after major kidney surgery. Those days are long gone for me. I hope they have screens in the bathroom 😅

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, SnaggletoothRecords said:

lmao only a matter of time where GD shows are a bunch of us with grey hair and canes 

I remember being 16 in the pit at a GD show 1 month after major kidney surgery. Those days are long gone for me. I hope they have screens in the bathroom 😅

I'm not THAT old. 

I'm short and I want to be able to see more than the back of some dude, I've had bad experiences in pits, plus I get heat exhaustion easy, so breaks to sit is always necessary.

Just now, DadBod said:

I'm not THAT old. 

I'm short and I want to be able to see more than the back of some dude, I've had bad experiences in pits, plus I get heat exhaustion easy, so breaks to sit is always necessary.

neither am I I'm just broken lmao 

I'm short too. I haven't gotten hurt or anything in pits I'm feisty when I'm feeling well. At Rancid I had a 7 foot dude stand in front of me and I was like really dude? 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

This partnership is extremely strategic because:

tumblr_pynqyxIi2e1wa6lubo1_400.png

but also:

tumblr_pynqy8DcoZ1wa6lubo1_400.png

There's something for everyone.

When I take over my own private island the beliefs in the second photo will be outlawed

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm confused as to what this 2 year deal is. What does it mean? That 'Fire, Ready, Aim' will be used as the opening sequence for two years?

2 minutes ago, Yojimbo said:

I'm confused as to what this 2 year deal is. What does it mean? That 'Fire, Ready, Aim' will be used as the opening sequence for two years?

Maybe other gd music will be used as well 

I don't care for Hockey but this is sure to get them a lot of press. Thought "Father of All..." would be a great sports hype song, but new song coule be good too.

• Like 2

Sounds interesting, think the hockey is a good match, feels like they are really going for broke with this era, maybe they feel it’s time to set the world alight again. The snippet of the song is too short to say much about but feels like it’s it’s another high energy blast!

2 minutes ago, jengd said:

I had completely forgotten about this, thanks, its a good one.

One of my favs from that era. Tre cracks me up in this one.

• Like 1