FOAM vs AI cover art debate

Im.a.basket.case

This is bothering me..why would BJA, smart guy, knows what he is doing, use his most iconic album as cover art for his shortest album and slap a unicorn on it. Sound off, what do you think are the reasons for this? Never has this been for any previous albums....

I think they're making a statement with it that goes along with how they've been describing the new song/album in interviews and some of the feelings they've expressed on social media and at shows. Which is that there's all kinds of bad stuff and political turmoil going on (represented by the American Idiot artwork part) and everyone's sick of it and it makes you want to say fuck it and let's have some fun (vomiting brightly coloured unicorn). Recognising that there's shit happening but also recognising that enjoying the good things in spite of it is a legitimate part of responding to it.   

And it's also just cheeky and fun to be so irreverent with their most iconic and serious album art :ga:

40 minutes ago, Hermione said:

I think they're making a statement with it that goes along with how they've been describing the new song/album in interviews and some of the feelings they've expressed on social media and at shows. Which is that there's all kinds of bad stuff and political turmoil going on (represented by the American Idiot artwork part) and everyone's sick of it and it makes you want to say fuck it and let's have some fun (vomiting brightly coloured unicorn). Recognising that there's shit happening but also recognising that enjoying the good things in spite of it is a legitimate part of responding to it.   

And it's also just cheeky and fun to be so irreverent with their most iconic and serious album art :ga:

Agreed, and what a very Green Day way to mark AI's anniversary by not taking it too seriously.

1 hour ago, Im.a.basket.case said:

This is bothering me..why would BJA, smart guy, knows what he is doing, use his most iconic album as cover art for his shortest album and slap a unicorn on it. Sound off, what do you think are the reasons for this? Never has this been for any previous albums....

i can feel you..

its also bothering me.. for example, did Da Vinci puke on his mona lisa drawing and say "yes, this is also good" ?!

18 minutes ago, GuitarPunk94 said:

i can feel you..

its also bothering me.. for example, did Da Vinci puke on his mona lisa drawing and say "yes, this is also good" ?!

Probably not, but one of the greatest Bansky’s artwork is the shredding of his greatest artwork :P 

The Picasso quote in the caption applies quite well to this record and its cover art, doesn’t it? :D 

47 minutes ago, jengd said:

Agreed, and what a very Green Day way to mark AI's anniversary by not taking it too seriously.

Because as we all know if you take these things too seriously...

aa653ca702feebd83d745b0e9f6bc43c.jpg

2 minutes ago, Flashing in the dark said:

He lost the creative side when he stopped using drugs and drinking

Yeah sure, especially since he has always been the one making cover arts 1.gif

2 hours ago, Hermione said:

Yes, and it’s also a way for him to tell people they’ve moved on and not to expect another American Idiot album.

1 hour ago, GuitarPunk94 said:

i can feel you..

Da Vinci doodled walking penises in his sketchbook so yes even he could appreciate humorous art!

11 hours ago, J a c said:

Probably not, but one of the greatest Bansky’s artwork is the shredding of his greatest artwork :P 

The Picasso quote in the caption applies quite well to this record and its cover art, doesn’t it? :D 

Banksy should do an album cover for Green Day! 

6 hours ago, That Dude said:

Banksy should do an album cover for Green Day! 

Probably too busy with Massive Attack 108.gif

Archived