Hella Mega VIPs

Paola

Hello people! So as you know, there are various types of VIP packages. I'm planning to buy the $400+ one but before that I'm just wondering what are your thoughts on them.

Are they worth it for a superfan of every band? 

What do you think is the best thing about them?

What did it made you buy it?

Even if you didn't buy I'd like to know, but even more if you did!

I'm a GD fan since forever and I'd never buy a VIP package but I'm always on the gate. That's the best experience and not expensive as fuck.

6 minutes ago, Paola said:

Hello people! So as you know, there are various types of VIP packages. I'm planning to buy the $400+ one but before that I'm just wondering what are your thoughts on them.

Are they worth it for a superfan of every band? 

What do you think is the best thing about them?

What did it made you buy it?

Even if you didn't buy I'd like to know, but even more if you did!

If you're prepared to shell out that kinda money, you've read what the package entails, and it still appeals to you enough to wanna buy it, then I say go for it. For me (as I'm sure it is for many other fans on and off here), I think it's way too much considering that meet & greet isn't even involved.

Personally way overpriced for what it gives ya but that’s just me if you have the money to spend and don’t mind the price go for it 

1 hour ago, Jimmy Strummer said:

If you're prepared to shell out that kinda money, you've read what the package entails, and it still appeals to you enough to wanna buy it, then I say go for it. For me (as I'm sure it is for many other fans on and off here), I think it's way too much considering that meet & greet isn't even involved.

I wish they could be involved in some way but I guess that's just too much to ask :( whereas Fall Out Boy has done that in the past

As someone who panicked and bought the merch VIP. It was a rip off for me. It put me in seats 15 rows back and I wanted  pit but never gave me the option and I realized it too late. I’m fine with band’s VIPs but I wish this one would’ve been clearer 

43 minutes ago, killjoywhatsername said:

As someone who panicked and bought the merch VIP. It was a rip off for me. It put me in seats 15 rows back and I wanted  pit but never gave me the option and I realized it too late. I’m fine with band’s VIPs but I wish this one would’ve been clearer 

Actually I could only find pit VIPs for my show! I think it should be privileged enough to only give you the chance of getting close seats as if you ain't paying a lot already. 

I would never shell out the money for a VIP.  Not worth the extra cash to basically just get the ticket you wanted in the first place.  Buying them just leads to them adding more the next tour because it was successful.  

1 hour ago, BeachBum said:

I would never shell out the money for a VIP.  Not worth the extra cash to basically just get the ticket you wanted in the first place.  Buying them just leads to them adding more the next tour because it was successful.  

aaand thats the issue. How come there isn't any more pit tickets other than VIPs? it's literally a straight up scam if you see it that way lol but sometimes it's the last resort

18 minutes ago, Paola said:

aaand thats the issue. How come there isn't any more pit tickets other than VIPs? it's literally a straight up scam if you see it that way lol but sometimes it's the last resort

This was the issue I had, but I settled for seated floors instead. The prices are outrageous for whats included in my opinion, and I think its a lowblow to fans to release so many VIPs compared to regular tickets. If the package included a meet and greet it would MAYBE be justifiable but yeah. If ya have the cash and wanna spend it, go for it its yours, but I know myself and a lot of others here wouldnt. 

1 hour ago, Paola said:

How come there isn't any more pit tickets other than VIPs?

For a Europe date "normal" standing ticket is sold out and it was 60-66 euros. 
Vip standing ticket is 178 euros but like what's the difference? You're still in the middle of the venue standing. 

I was planning to go do London but ticket are overpriced also for the upper tier

1 hour ago, Melodramfool said:

For a Europe date "normal" standing ticket is sold out and it was 60-66 euros. 
Vip standing ticket is 178 euros but like what's the difference? You're still in the middle of the venue standing. 

I was planning to go do London but ticket are overpriced also for the upper tier

I'm pretty sure they sold a very low number of non VIPs to try and make the most amount of people get one, which is really sad because many will miss on the spot they wanted because of the high prices.

Even resellers are out of their mind charging as much as a VIP (even for seats!) or even more 😕 

2 hours ago, bass boy said:

This was the issue I had, but I settled for seated floors instead. The prices are outrageous for whats included in my opinion, and I think its a lowblow to fans to release so many VIPs compared to regular tickets. If the package included a meet and greet it would MAYBE be justifiable but yeah. If ya have the cash and wanna spend it, go for it its yours, but I know myself and a lot of others here wouldnt. 

It's so sad to see how they're pretty much saying "buy VIP or don't get the spot you want" because literally there's no other "artist involvement" than having a decent or at least close enough to the stage at the venue. 

Seats and pit for some dates were almost the same price which is strange but I guess that's how they're doing things this tour 😕 

To be fair, the VIP thing has been a very annoying thing for fans of most artists for the last couple of years. Whenever I buy tickets, I almost always see VIP tickets that takes many of the best seats/standing room.

I feel like it's common practice nowadays and that most of the time the artist probably just can't decide to say no to that. However by not offering meets and greets, soundchecks etc, I think it's a way for the artist to say that they are not involved in the set up of these VIP packages and thus are not trying to take 400$+ from fans.

OP: sorry my answer is kinda obvious but whether it's worth it or not is really up to you. It could be worth it, if money is not an issue, it could be worth it, if they offer early entry (for standing room) and that you want to be at the front and are not healthy enough to wait for hours and hours outside etc...it could be worth it if you really need to be seated at the front on very specific sections of your choice to enjoy the show...I'll just advice you to read through each VIP packages carefully and make sure you know what's included and what's not and not get surprised. Good luck!

Personally, I would rather spend that money to go to couple of more shows than on one VIP package which is expensive and you don't get that much from it. But to each their own. :happy:

2 hours ago, heart on a noose said:

Personally, I would rather spend that money to go to couple of more shows than on one VIP package which is expensive and you don't get that much from it. But to each their own. :happy:

Yeah that's what sounds more convenient! I wish I could but I'm from Mexico and really don't have the time to travel to more than 2 shows :( guess maybe as it's a one if a lifetime experience I may go for it. 

3 minutes ago, Paola said:

Yeah that's what sounds more convenient! I wish I could but I'm from Mexico and really don't have the time to travel to more than 2 shows :( guess maybe as it's a one if a lifetime experience I may go for it. 

You still have plenty of time to find a ticket...personally I don't really trust resale websites, but closer to the show there will be people who can't go and you can buy from them. If you don't mind buying a VIP, that's also an option, but I wouldn't panic yet.

22 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

You still have plenty of time to find a ticket...personally I don't really trust resale websites, but closer to the show there will be people who can't go and you can buy from them. If you don't mind buying a VIP, that's also an option, but I wouldn't panic yet.

I've been thinking that but as they are "popular" shows (LA & SD) I haven't been positive about it. I do have a seated ticket for SD but still searching for a pit ticket for both. Maybe I could wait, hopefully I'm lucky! 

Archived