FOAMF music video

BeachBum

I don't know what to think exactly of the video. I like the song, but I still don't feel this is GD. The band looked great in the video and I loved Billie's attitude in it. But that's it. I mean I would have expected something better than just random clips of people dancing. That's something I see regulary on my Facebook feed. The only difference this time is it isn't made by some stranger who had nothing to do on social medias and that GD appeared a couple of times in the video. Best GD video? No I don't think so. Then worst one? Neither! It's just a fine video.

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Once again he manages to capture what we’re feeling in a song and that’s the best kind of throwback to American Idiot that I can think of. 

We're feeling? Speak for yourself

4 hours ago, Alan86 said:

Is it me or has Billie turned orange? Looks like he’s gone full Trump. Could be the lighting but still 🍊 

Blame the energy efficient light bulbs.

5 minutes ago, The Insider said:

Blame the energy efficient light bulbs.

It’s all fault of Greta Thunberg, Trump was right all along 19.gif

Well that got me pumped for the work day this morning. I enjoyed the music video. Was it special or will it be memorable? Nope. But i'm just glad that there's a new Green Day video that 1. doesn't just show Green Day performing the song, and 2. when it does show the band playing, it is staged in a certain way, between the matching outfits, the backing dancers and the red.  I'm sure there's been some other exceptions to that in the last decade that i'm forgetting about but we haven't gotten a whole lot of GD videos with a little artistry behind them in a little while. Very reminiscent of American Idiot too.

EDIT: realise that i'm probably going on just the trilogy videos here. I actually can't remember any of the music videos produced for RevRad. I do remember the video for Back in the USA however.

Why the f did they remove the foamf audio with over 1m views. I see only foamf with 200k views (?). Am I the only one who can't find it? 

If they really removed I think it's a terrible approach to promote new music. They should have uploaded official video on september 10th along with Weezer and FOB.

15 minutes ago, greenalert997x said:

Why the f did they remove the foamf audio with over 1m views. I see only foamf with 200k views (?). Am I the only one who can't find it? 

If they really removed I think it's a terrible approach to promote new music. They should have uploaded official video on september 10th along with Weezer and FOB.

They just removed it from the search results, so that people will primarily see the music video and the views will focus there, which is smart. It’s still on their channel if you look for it tho. 

Edit: well it used to be there at least :D Now it looks like they actually removed it. Still, it makes sense if the strategy is to concentrate the new views on the music video. 

Is there any info on who directed the video? There must be somewhere that gives credit to where some clips come from unless they're free. I'm interested to know who is wrestling in the clip around 1:47, and I'd love to know where the wall of death clip is from.

7 minutes ago, Welshy said:

Is there any info on who directed the video? There must be somewhere that gives credit to where some clips come from unless they're free. I'm interested to know who is wrestling in the clip around 1:47, and I'd love to know where the wall of death clip is from.

Here you go

12 hours ago, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

It wasn't like 3 songs?
Amy, SWTRLF and another one I can't remember

The forgotten

Liked it a lot, definitely did what it says on the tin. 

I thought they all looked a bit orange, maybe it's just the red room or something 😅. Lovin Tre's leopard print drum kit. 

Anyone know what the modern-looking footage of crowds clashing in the street is from? 

Billie is right, violence has unfortunately played a crucial role in many societies throughout human history. I don't think he's celebrating it in anyway, just recognising it. 

Really like the video!

But dear god, Billie Joe looks exactly like he did in the American Idiot video (and that was 15 years ago).

That bastard just does not want to age!

On 9/20/2019 at 2:12 PM, pacejunkie punk said:

I think the visuals and fast cuts really elevate the music and highlight those amazing lyrics.

I really get what they’re going for now. Like the best of their music it holds a mirror up to society and reflects us all in a particular time period. This is us — at times crazy, anxious, ecstatic, scary, violent, fun, tribal... and at this particular moment it feels like we’re all partying like animals on a speeding bus with no one at the wheel.   Fingers up cuz there’s no one to trust.

Once again he manages to capture what we’re feeling in a song and that’s the best kind of throwback to American Idiot that I can think of. 

And to add he manages to capture all this successfully without coming across like an old person shaking his head at kids today.

Right on the button!

In the iHeart interview Billie said making this video was the biggest fiasco they’ve ever had making a video, crazier than their last iHeart performance.

What could have possibly happened? All they did was perform the song on a soundstage. There were no other sets or costume changes like in Holiday or Back in the USA, no physical effects or stunts like in Walking Contradiction, American Idiot or 21 Guns. What could go wrong? I’m so intrigued by this they usually release behind the scenes clips after I’m really hoping we get one now that might explain this statement. 

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

In the iHeart interview Billie said making this video was the biggest fiasco they’ve ever had making a video, crazier than their last iHeart performance.

What could have possibly happened? All they did was perform the song on a soundstage. There were no other sets or costume changes like in Holiday or Back in the USA, no physical effects or stunts like in Walking Contradiction, American Idiot or 21 Guns. What could go wrong? I’m so intrigued by this they usually release behind the scenes clips after I’m really hoping we get one now that might explain this statement. 

Unless it was meant to be the Madonna Inn shoot and it proved unusable?

Just heard FOAMF on my local radio station.  :dance:Between the music video, iHeart, and radio play I cant wait to see how well the song does.  Exciting times!

15 hours ago, jengd said:

Unless it was meant to be the Madonna Inn shoot and it proved unusable?

I was thinking about this as well :D Maybe that makeup artist was not that good after all :P 

Archived