Father of All... Charting & Streaming Performance

Squashie

Starting a thread for just listing how both songs & album (when released) are doing on the charts and streaming numbers. Some Weezer & FOB numbers included since they all released a single to promote the Hella Mega Tour on September 10, 2019.

3 days after Release:

Spotify streams for the 3 songs:

GD: 795k
FOB: 716K
Weezer: 343K

Youtube streams (official channel video numbers):

GD: 925.5K
FOB: 416K
Weezer: 312K

(note: rounded to nearest 1,000 for ease of reporting)

1 week after release (Sept 17):

Youtube:
FOAMF: 1252319
FOB: 676341
Weezer: 502868

Spotify:
FOAMF: 1899249
FOB: 1999132
Weezer: 1030451

Could @Hermione or another mod move some of the other chart information over from the "Father of All... (Song)" thread?

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's the chart info.

Green Day

Hot Rock Songs- 9

Rock Airplay- 3

Rock Digital Song Sales- 18

Alternative Songs- 13

Alternative Digital Song Sales- 12

Mainstream Rock Songs- 14

Fall Out Boy

Hot Rock Songs- 17

Rock Airplay- 22

Rock Digital Song Sales- 7

Alternative Songs- 23

Alternative Digital Song Sales- 7

Mainstream Rock Songs- Did not chart

Weezer

Hot Rock Songs- 20

Rock Airplay- 14

Rock Digital Song Sales- 25

Alternative Songs- 19

Alternative Digital Song Sales- 16

Mainstream Rock Songs- 33

I also looked at the number of views for their Kimmel performances-

GD- 371,000
FOB- 89,000 (only on their channel, not Kimmel's for some reason)
Weezer- 144,000

Hopefully their new songs will be played on the mainstream radio, I really miss hearing new GD songs on the radio. They always play the AI era and sometimes Dookie

3 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Sounds like it’s already outcharted Bang Bang. Well done Crush.

Definitely. Its strange though, my main music consumption platform is YouTube, and I remember Bang Bang reached 2 million views in its first day.... Father Of All isn't near 2 million after over a week. Its strange how people's consumption of music has clearly changed since 2016 :)

1 minute ago, Beerjeezus said:

Wasn't Bang Bang no. 1 on alt and rock?

It peaked at #1, but it debuted lower in the chart. 

27 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

Wasn't Bang Bang no. 1 on alt and rock?

Yup.  #1 on Alternative, Mainstream, and Rock Airplay.  And Canada Rock and UK Rock. #8 on Hot Rock (one above where FOAM currently is). And #4 on Bubbling Under 100.

Just now, Montclare said:

Yup.  #1 on Alternative, Mainstream, and Rock Airplay.  And Canada Rock and UK Rock. #8 on Hot Rock (one above where FOAM currently is). And #4 on Bubbling Under 100.

This billboard article seems to have missed Bang Bang's chart numbers then. They kept referencing Oh Love from 2012.

Just now, DadBod said:

This billboard article seems to have missed Bang Bang's chart numbers then. They kept referencing Oh Love from 2012.

I think that's because Bang Bang was a grower.  Oh Love and FOAM debuted higher than BB.  We'll see if FOAM matches/surpasses BB's numbers in the end.

Just now, Montclare said:

I think that's because Bang Bang was a grower.  Oh Love and FOAM debuted higher than BB.  We'll see if FOAM matches/surpasses BB's numbers in the end.

Ah! BB didn't debut at #8 then, that's it's highest charting spot on the hot rock. Understood. Thanks!

55 minutes ago, Ross_19 said:

Definitely. Its strange though, my main music consumption platform is YouTube, and I remember Bang Bang reached 2 million views in its first day.... Father Of All isn't near 2 million after over a week. Its strange how people's consumption of music has clearly changed since 2016 :)

But didn’t Bang Bang have a cool lyric video from the start? FOAM has nothing but audio.

4 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

But didn’t Bang Bang have a cool lyric video from the start? FOAM has nothing but audio.

Yeah the lyric video was out right away. That must have helped YouTube 

23 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

Yeah the lyric video was out right away. That must have helped YouTube 

Didn't they debut the video on facebook? That seems like a dumb move imo

Glad the songs doing well. A lot of people seemed to dislike it right away but some have grown to like it now. The comments on YouTube under the Jimmy Kimmel performance are very positive. I hope there is some sort of music video or lyric video soon.

4 minutes ago, Alan86 said:

Glad the songs doing well. A lot of people seemed to dislike it right away but some have grown to like it now. The comments on YouTube under the Jimmy Kimmel performance are very positive. I hope there is some sort of music video or lyric video soon.

I'm probably the most excited for the video given the alleged setting and sound of the song. They haven't had a solid music video in a while.

17 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

I'm probably the most excited for the video given the alleged setting and sound of the song. They haven't had a solid music video in a while.

Their last video was Back in the USA and it’s one of my all time favorites 

I didn't think BITUSA's video was that good tbh. 21CB was their last great video but RevRad had a lot of good lyric videos so there's that

I literally was just thinking about this today.  I have yet to hear FOA on mainstream radio -- granted I'm only talking about my drive to and from work -- but I would have thought that I would hear it at least once in prime rush hour airplay time.  I keep flipping around too, between a couple alt stations and pop stations.  Nada.

I know radio play is not the be all in today's market, and I'm probably showing my age, but there's still nothing cooler than hearing my favorite band on the radio.

8 hours ago, Biddymc said:

I literally was just thinking about this today.  I have yet to hear FOA on mainstream radio -- granted I'm only talking about my drive to and from work -- but I would have thought that I would hear it at least once in prime rush hour airplay time.  I keep flipping around too, between a couple alt stations and pop stations.  Nada.

I know radio play is not the be all in today's market, and I'm probably showing my age, but there's still nothing cooler than hearing my favorite band on the radio.

I was wondering about this too. I looked up info on radio station playlists and found this:

“Radio stations are less concerned with release dates (the actual date that a song will "drop" in the market) than they are with add dates, which are the dates that tell the radio stations when to add a song to its playlist. A song may be "released" on the first of the month but may not be "added" to the schedule for another month.”

Can anyone confirm that there is a delay between release date and add date on radio for a single?

Archived