Father of All... Charting & Streaming Performance

Squashie

9 minutes ago, DadBod said:

I don't think @pacejunkie punk was discrediting The Interrupters, just making a point as to who was/is on heavy rotation in her market right now. She's Kerosene has been out since June 2018 and therefore has been in radio play's rotation for much longer. And yes, it's a great song. It's catchy and has a fun beat. They are a great band and deserve radio play. I'm loving their album right now.

The song peaked at #4 on the billboard Alternative charts in November 2018 and spent 24 weeks on it. (source: https://www.billboard.com/music/the-interrupters/chart-history/alternative-songs/song/1077216)

Sorry, I wasn't specifically responding to anyone, but might have misinterpreted some things that were said. I like both songs btw

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Short Billboard article: Green Day Returns to Top 10 on Alternative Songs Chart With 'Father of All…' 

https://www.billboard.com/articles/business/chart-beat/8531554/green-day-returns-top-10-alternative-songs-chart

Doesn't say much but apparently the band ties with U2 for the third-most total top 10s with their 23rd top 10 on the Alternative Songs Chart.

7 minutes ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

Short Billboard article: Green Day Returns to Top 10 on Alternative Songs Chart With 'Father of All…' 

https://www.billboard.com/articles/business/chart-beat/8531554/green-day-returns-top-10-alternative-songs-chart

Doesn't say much but apparently the band ties with U2 for the third-most total top 10s with their 23rd top 10 on the Alternative Songs Chart.

Interesting that they are tied with U2. I figured that U2 would have more alternative top-10s than they do. 

13 minutes ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

But yet stations won’t play it

1 hour ago, Billie Joe's Eyelids said:

But yet stations won’t play it

When I said to hubby that I haven't heard any radio play his reply was "oh you won't because of the word motherfuckers" 🤣

5 minutes ago, UNICORN VOMIT said:

When I said to hubby that I haven't heard any radio play his reply was "oh you won't because of the word motherfuckers" 🤣

But it’s not in the song 

4 hours ago, DadBod said:

Interesting that they are tied with U2. 

I was kinda surprised it was U2. It wasn’t who I expected at all (not that I had any ideas who it might be before reading the article!) Pretty cool achievement considering how big U2 are/have been (although I prefer GD!)

1 hour ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

I was kinda surprised it was U2. It wasn’t who I expected at all (not that I had any ideas who it might be before reading the article!) Pretty cool achievement considering how big U2 are/have been (although I prefer GD!)

I guess all those youtube premieres paid off haha awesome to see them doing well with the new single

With the U2 thing it's not just about how big U2 has been but also the amount of years they've sustained it. They've been around longer than Green Day so it's huge for the band. 

First spot on YT’s rock hotlist is pretty cool, especially considering that YouTube is the first music streaming platform. 

11 hours ago, jengd said:

I heard it today in the UK and a couple of stations are playing it, sounds great on the radio so hoping for more.

Which stations? 

Spotify numbers, Sept 30

GD: 3,756,416

FOB: 3,869,428

WZ: 2,104,334

Official Videos:

GD: 1,845,755 (1 week on youtube - sept 20)

FOB: 1,020,463 (debuted sept 10)

WZ: 862,896 (debuted sept 10)

Does anyone have charting updates?

1 minute ago, DadBod said:

Does anyone have charting updates?

Billboard charts should be out tomorrow.

Billboard update-

Hot Rock Songs- 6 (up from 7)

Rock Airplay- 2 (same)

Alternative Songs- 7 (up from 10)

Mainstream Rock Songs- 6 (up from 8)

1 hour ago, Montclare said:

Billboard update-

Hot Rock Songs- 6 (up from 7)

Rock Airplay- 2 (same)

Alternative Songs- 7 (up from 10)

Mainstream Rock Songs- 6 (up from 😎

Where did you find these? :D I was checking the bb website but it still shows last week charts 

8 hours ago, J a c said:

Where did you find these? :D I was checking the bb website but it still shows last week charts 

Weird, it shows for me.  Maybe a time difference thing?  

Archived