Squashie

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

YouTube views have seemingly halted.

It’s still going up. Yesterday it was 1M views today it’s 1.1M

5 hours ago, Montclare said:

Depends which one of those charts you're talking about.  Airplay wasn't for about 2 months.  By that time, it had been #1 in Mainstream Rock for 7 weeks.

How could it have been #1 in mainstream rock with no airplay? I don’t get how this works.

1 hour ago, neverdone2000 said:

How could it have been #1 in mainstream rock with no airplay? I don’t get how this works.

No, I meant it didn't achieve the #1 spot in Airplay for two months, not that it didn't get any airplay.

3 minutes ago, Montclare said:

No, I meant it didn't achieve the #1 spot in Airplay for two months, not that it didn't get any airplay.

So when do you think FOAM will start getting Airplay?

2 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

So when do you think FOAM will start getting Airplay?

It's already at #2, so hopefully within a couple weeks.  No guarantees that it will though.

6 minutes ago, Montclare said:

It's already at #2, so hopefully within a couple weeks.  No guarantees that it will though.

#2 on what? And how can it do well on the charts and not get airplay? I’m just trying to wrap my head around what the factors are for future reference.

11 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

#2 on what? And how can it do well on the charts and not get airplay? I’m just trying to wrap my head around what the factors are for future reference.

The Rock Airplay chart.

6 hours ago, neverdone2000 said:

The song is #7 on Hot rock songs. This combines these results: 

#2 on rock airplay (radio airplays results based on audience impression, aka how many listeners the radio has when the song is played, aka how big is the radio playing the song/what time of the day it is played) 

#10 on alternative airplay and #8 mainstream rock (pure radio airplay numbers, regardless of the audience numbers) 

#13 alternative digital song sales (iTunes downloads and similar)

#? Whatever it is doing on video/audio streaming 

3 hours ago, J a c said:

The song is #7 on Hot rock songs. This combines these results: 

#2 on rock airplay (radio airplays results based on audience impression, aka how many listeners the radio has when the song is played, aka how big is the radio playing the song/what time of the day it is played) 

#10 on alternative airplay and #8 mainstream rock (pure radio airplay numbers, regardless of the audience numbers) 

#13 alternative digital song sales (iTunes downloads and similar)

#? Whatever it is doing on video/audio streaming 

Thank you!! So this begs the question....why is it not on my alternative radio playlist, and according to people on here, many other playlists? 

I have not heard this song on the radio once yet but I'm glad it seems to be doing good. I've heard the Weezer song three times and haven't payed attention to FOBs song

34 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

Thank you!! So this begs the question....why is it not on my alternative radio playlist, and according to people on here, many other playlists? 

Yes that’s weird! These should not be forecasts but actual tracking numbers from the Nielsen soundscan. Idk, not 100% sure how this actually works, but I think someone was saying the song is starting to pop up more often on their radio station, maybe you’re being unlucky with your radio? :D 

Edit: of course this doesn’t have any relevance for the US and billboard, but the song is now included in the main Italian alternative/rock radio stations playlists. 

In Belgium, it begins to be aired on the main stations, some of them have posted it on social medias  and rate it very high.

fun fact, some friends who usualy dislike Green day absolutely love this new song, even my girlfriend who disliked their previous work, dig it... on the other hand, some people who usualy like GD don’t like this one... but the Vast majority of people i know like it

So I don’t know if every station does this but my local alternative station that is promoting the Hella Mega Tour shows you their most recent playlist and you can see the songs that get played by the four HM artists and when.

I haven’t seen FOAM show up there recently though they’ve played a lot of Green Day today it’s all past hits — BOBD, AI, Brain Stew and WTP.  They’ve played the other two new singles several times in the last few days.  I’ll keep a watch on this for rotation of the new song.  For some reason it looks like The interrupters’ She’s Kerosene is on heavy rotation of like every half hour if this is accurate. 

https://1059thex.iheart.com/music/recently-played/

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

So I don’t know if every station does this but my local alternative station that is promoting the Hella Mega Tour shows you their most recent playlist and you can see the songs that get played by the four HM artists and when.

I haven’t seen FOAM show up there recently though they’ve played a lot of Green Day today it’s all past hits — BOBD, AI, Brain Stew and WTP.  They’ve played the other two new singles several times in the last few days.  I’ll keep a watch on this for rotation of the new song.  For some reason it looks like The interrupters’ She’s Kerosene is on heavy rotation of like every half hour if this is accurate. 

Just looked it up for mine (never listen to the radio, but when I have to...) and it does have FOAMF listed for top tracks.  And also had WMUWSE as the most recent song played.

http://wkqx.tunegenie.com/tophits/

1 minute ago, SnaggletoothRecords said:

It has been getting airplay 

Not at my station 😢 Dear Future Self is listed as one of their top songs but the top most Green Day song is American Idiot.

2 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Not at my station 😢 Dear Future Self is listed as one of their top songs but the top most Green Day song is American Idiot.

strange the alternative station here hasn't played the new weezer song or FOB. Actually the most played Hella Mega band is The Interrupters lol 

6 minutes ago, SnaggletoothRecords said:

strange the alternative station here hasn't played the new weezer song or FOB. Actually the most played Hella Mega band is The Interrupters lol 

But you just said FOAM is getting airplay

I’m kind of baffled. I don’t know if this song is doing well or not.

1 hour ago, neverdone2000 said:

But you just said FOAM is getting airplay

I’m kind of baffled. I don’t know if this song is doing well or not.

It's hard to tell I think it's too early. It did take about a week or so for the station to start playing it.

It's got about a million streams on each platform and since it's release GD has gained about 1.2 million more monthly listeners on Spotify 

21 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

The Interrupters song is more popular than most of Revolution Radio in a much shorter time period, and imo is much better than father of all. God forbid a less popular song be better than a more popular one. I'm sure the world would crumble because it's never been done before...

1 minute ago, Taste said:

The Interrupters song is more popular than most of Revolution Radio in a much shorter time period, and imo is much better than father of all. God forbid a less popular song be better than a more popular one. I'm sure the world would crumble because it's never been done before...

I don't think @pacejunkie punk was discrediting The Interrupters, just making a point as to who was/is on heavy rotation in her market right now. She's Kerosene has been out since June 2018 and therefore has been in radio play's rotation for much longer. And yes, it's a great song. It's catchy and has a fun beat. They are a great band and deserve radio play. I'm loving their album right now.

The song peaked at #4 on the billboard Alternative charts in November 2018 and spent 24 weeks on it. (source: https://www.billboard.com/music/the-interrupters/chart-history/alternative-songs/song/1077216)

I heard the song twice today on one of the main danish rock radio stations (myrock) 😄

14 minutes ago, Taste said:

Not sure what your takeaway was from my post but I love the Interrupters so yeah

Archived