Father of All... Charting & Streaming Performance

Squashie

17 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

I was wondering about this too. I looked up info on radio station playlists and found this:

“Radio stations are less concerned with release dates (the actual date that a song will "drop" in the market) than they are with add dates, which are the dates that tell the radio stations when to add a song to its playlist. A song may be "released" on the first of the month but may not be "added" to the schedule for another month.”

Can anyone confirm that there is a delay between release date and add date on radio for a single?

No idea about how this works, but it would make sense, especially for a “surprise” release that was probably announced a bunch of days before the 10th to the radio stations. Humans are lazy creatures, I can’t see radio producers updating their weekly/monthly playlists every time a new song get released :D Just speculating, but they probably look at charts like Billboard and update their playlists accordingly once in a while as your quote says. 

On the contrary, I was checking Apple Music playlists, and the song appears basically in every relevant Alternative/Rock playlist I browsed. Not sure what’s the situation on Spotify. 

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, DadBod said:

FOAM Official Video

premiered 10pm Est 9/19/19

300,303 views (13hrs live)

I think well over 200,000 of those views were within the first four hours or so of its release. Possibly due to the video being a YouTube Premiere

2 minutes ago, Ross_19 said:

I think well over 200,000 of those views were within the first four hours or so of its release. Possibly due to the video being a YouTube Premiere

It grew constantly throughout the day, and still is. Almost 400k now. 

1 minute ago, Ross_19 said:

When I checked it this morning (7am-ish) is had around 270K.

almost to 390K as of this reply.

lol, @J a c

twin posting!

It will need at least a million in a few days to make the trending list. Most of those videos clocked a million to upwards of ten or more million in the first week.

Just now, pacejunkie punk said:

It will need at least a million in a few days to make the trending list. Most of those videos clocked a million to upwards of ten or more million in the first week.

I'll keep watch and post back as much as possible. I've got some large projects coming in at work as this is starting my real busy time (yay for year-end reports)

Yeah I was a little stupid and didn't check the time of the post I quoted :D Yeah itsa decent first day for the video, especially since the song has already been out in the world for 10 days 

12 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Considering that the audio did 1 million in less then a week (and it was growing at a much slower paste), I think it can definitely make it. I don’t think it will ever get close to something like 5-10 millions in a week tho. Popular rock music videos like the new Muse ones have 5-14 million views after 1+ year on average. P!ATD is one of the few exceptions, but that’s hard to place in the same category. 

605 k after 34 hours. Growing pretty fast. 

Fun fact: it almost already reached the Weezer music video, which has been out for 11 days :) 

21 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

Any news on stats for the single?

There’s an article up above from billboard with charting info. New charts come out Monday.

So I checked some European charts (Germany, UK, Italy) and it seems like the song didn't chart anywhere. At least for Germany that's not a surprise though. Their last single to enter the charts here was Oh Love, but those were different times. Nowadays, the charts are totally dominated by German rap music. I honestly don't think that any big rock band (other than some German bands maybe) would enter the single charts here. I don't know about the other countries though.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/business/chart-beat/8530407/green-day-fall-out-boy-weezer-charts-hella-mega-tour?fbclid=IwAR2WaAZQwosdQ5fzuibeGA0jenbOWHnHgSzi9E-2y_fQg2Pme_XCuJPyOwo

"Green Day comes out on top among the three acts, with "Father of All…" debuting at No. 9 on the Hot Rock Songs chart, which is based on streaming, airplay and sales data. It's the band's first top 10 debut on the survey since "Oh Love," which roared in at No. 1 on Aug. 4, 2012.

After its Sept. 10 arrival, "Father of All..." starts with 9.2 million airplay audience impressions, 882,000 U.S. streams and 2,000 downloads sold in its first tracking week (ending Sept. 12), according to Nielsen Music.

The song also makes a strong debut on Rock Airplay, where it bows at No. 3 with 7.6 million audience impressions unique to rock radio formats. Not only is its start the best for Green Day since "Oh Love" (No. 1), it's also the top entrance for any song in five years, dating to the No. 2 premiere of the Black Keys' "Fever" in April 2014.

On the Alternative Songs and Mainstream Rock Songs airplay charts, "Father of All..." starts at Nos. 13 and 14, respectively. The latter launch is the best for any song in three years, since Metallica's "Hardwired" also soared in at No. 14 on Sept. 3, 2016."

Official video for FOAMF after 3 days:

Their Kimmel live performance almost has 500k views in 9 days. Highly out performing Weezer (162k)

Fall Out Boy’s Official Video after 12 days:

Weezer (12 days)

Our boys are killin’ it on YouTube out of the 3 of them.

Edit: I’ll get Spotify numbers Monday when I’m on my desktop app.

Honestly shocked they’re beating fall out boy as they’ve had more recent top 20 successes compared to Green Day’s last appearance in those charts being in 2009.

I think the video is doing very well so far on YT. I know, I know, hard to make comparisons since it was 7 years ago and there was a lyric video on top of it, but the Oh Love Music video had lower numbers 10 days after its release: https://web.archive.org/web/20120826132905/http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWwMqa-_210&feature=youtu.be 

I think this doesn’t necessarily say anything about the long run performance of the song, but it’s clearly showing that it’s doing good at the moment. 

42 minutes ago, J a c said:

I think the video is doing very well so far on YT. I know, I know, hard to make comparisons since it was 7 years ago and there was a lyric video on top of it, but the Oh Love Music video had lower numbers 10 days after its release: https://web.archive.org/web/20120826132905/http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWwMqa-_210&feature=youtu.be 

I think this doesn’t necessarily say anything about the long run performance of the song, but it’s clearly showing that it’s doing good at the moment. 

Better go and watch it a few more times then 😂😂

The song is #7 on this week Billboard hot rock songs, gaining 2 spots from last week #9. This is the first full week performance of the song (last week it was a Tuesday to Friday charting), but the music video performance does not count for this since it was out last Friday. 

Unfortunately Billboard implemented an annoying paywall for all of its charts, and I don’t have the time to hack it for all of them :D Anyway quickly looking at them, the song gained several spots on all the charts, it’s #2 on rock airplay, and moved to #10 from #13 on Alternative songs. 

Just to put it in a different format-

Hot Rock Songs- 7 (up from 9)

Rock Airplay- 2 (up from 3)

Alternative Songs- 10 (up from 13)

Mainstream Rock Songs- 8 (up from 14)

Unfortunately, I can't look up rock or alternative digital sales, since the way I found in only shows the peak week, which was last week for one of them and the other hasn't updated.

Spotify Numbers (Sept 24 @ 9:30am central standard time):

FOAMF: 3,114,197

Fall Out Boy: 3,245,093

Weezer: 1,733,469

So GD is catching up on FOB on Spotify plays.

8 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

How long did it take Bang Bang to get to number 1? For comparison.

I think it was in September, like a month after the release.

2 hours ago, neverdone2000 said:

How long did it take Bang Bang to get to number 1? For comparison.

Depends which one of those charts you're talking about.  Airplay wasn't for about 2 months.  By that time, it had been #1 in Mainstream Rock for 7 weeks.

Archived