can we talk about how underrated uno is

Yas31705

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Dos is more underrated but yeah, Uno is underrated too. Personally I don't really skip any tracks on Uno

Uno is super underrated. Stay the Night, Nuclear Family, Troublemaker, Angel Blue, Fell for You, Oh Love, almost every track is great. It’s like almost every song is a banger. I skip Sweet 16. And I like the idea of Rusty James but it’s not my fav. I still think Rusty James kicks almost all of Rev Rads ass though. Uno is a super exciting and underrated album. 

2 minutes ago, Eric said:

everyone was just hating the trilogy to fit in one gdc. all three were at the very least better than Warning.

No way, Warning is a masterpiece. 

4 minutes ago, Eric said:

everyone was just hating the trilogy to fit in one gdc. all three were at the very least better than Warning.

Nah I just joined & I was sticking up for it.  

I still say if it wasn't for rehab & they promoted it properly - the tour would have been a huge success - trilogy songs live are great.

In my opionion each song off Uno could've easly been chosen as a single. each song is very catchy - a power pop with great sense of radio-friendly rock and roll. 

Uno is the most consistent and the catchiest album off Trilogy, I think 

For me Uno is not underrated, I treat Trilogy as a cohesive whole and to me it's hard to say whether Uno is better than.. or not. Every album is at the same level. 

Songs I like the least off Trilogy: Carpe Diem, Stop When The Red Lights Flash, Nightlife, A Little Boy Named Train, Amanda. 

Songs I love and often return to: Loss Of Control, Angel Blue, Fell For You, Rusty James, Łazy Bones, Ashley, Stray Heart, Sex Drugs & Rock and Roll, Dirty Rotten Bastards, The Forgotten 

It was great for what it was. The era was a fun/crazy/ at times scary mess, and they needed to have that mess.  In fact, those albums were kind of a dirty & crazy chaotic celebration as a whole, and they had to spill it out. 

This was on the heels of 21CB, where they had exhausted their souls. Hell of an effort. And also after FBHT where they were trying to find ground after AI, which was massive. And the Network before that, where they were trying to expand artistically while regaining their footing as a band at the same time. 

Yes, Uno is underrated, and always will be. They went through so much in a short period of time, they continued to put out great music, and it was pretty damn good, even by their standards. 

I prefer Dos!, then Tré! and lastly Uno!. But is a small difference. In my opinion, the whole triogy is underrated.

Faves: Ashley, Lazy Bones, Sex Drugs and Violence, Lady Cobra, 8th Ave, X-Kid and Angel Blue.

1 hour ago, PleasedToMeetMe said:

Uno is amazing. Only songs I dont particularly like are Troublemaker and Oh Love. 

Facts I love every song on that album except these two.

My favorites are Angel Blue, Loss of Control, Sweet 16 and Let Yourself Go

7 hours ago, PleasedToMeetMe said:

No way, Warning is a masterpiece. 

That’s a joke, right? Easily their worst albums 

2 minutes ago, Platypus2000 said:

That’s a joke, right? Easily their worst albums 

Warning is one of my favorites, alot of people love it.

I said at the time when everyone hated on it that it’ll be looked on in a much better light a couple of years down the line, like Warning really (although it’s my least favourite). Gave us some absolute bangers. Missing You is my favourite from the whole trilogy but Stay The Night, Sweet 16, Angel Blue and Loss Of Control are top notch. Can easily listen to Uno and Dos all the way through, not so much Tre. I’m just really glad people are starting to appreciate the songs. Like, I can’t believe our favourite band gave us so much music over 6 months, we were well and truly spoilt back then to be honest. No other band has the balls or guts to do that. 

3 minutes ago, Adorkable said:

Warning is one of my favorites, alot of people love it.

I don’t hate it by any stretch. I just find it plods, and the whole folk thing was a bit weird for me. I just have to be in a very specific mood to listen to it, that’s all. 

Of all three, Uno suffered the most from the production. Dos was a little grittier and the clean polished sound fit Tre better. If it sounded more like Longshot Uno would be so much better. I don't dislike it, but it's the trilogy album I'd rate the lowest. However, the songs sound great live and I wish they'd play them.

trilogy-love!

i dont understand why so many people/gdc'ers dont dig the songs of the trilogy, but hey, everyone has a different taste in music 🤷‍♂️

30 minutes ago, Platypus2000 said:

I said at the time when everyone hated on it that it’ll be looked on in a much better light a couple of years down the line, like Warning really (although it’s my least favourite). Gave us some absolute bangers. Missing You is my favourite from the whole trilogy but Stay The Night, Sweet 16, Angel Blue and Loss Of Control are top notch. Can easily listen to Uno and Dos all the way through, not so much Tre. I’m just really glad people are starting to appreciate the songs. Like, I can’t believe our favourite band gave us so much music over 6 months, we were well and truly spoilt back then to be honest. No other band has the balls or guts to do that. 

I don’t hate it by any stretch. I just find it plods, and the whole folk thing was a bit weird for me. I just have to be in a very specific mood to listen to it, that’s all. 

But my point is whether it is by far their worst album, is subjective. For me it is one of their top albums. To put this in perspective, I think Insomniac is their worst album.

5 minutes ago, Adorkable said:

But my point is whether it is by far their worst album, is subjective. For me it is one of their top albums. To put this in perspective, I think Insomniac is their worst album.

Wow I didn’t expect that 😂 Any reason why apart from being edgy? 

The trilogy as a whole has grown on me A LOT recently. There are a handful of songs that still do nothing for me, but the guitar work across the board is some of the best.

9 hours ago, Eric said:

Nah pretty sure a lot of people just hated the trilogy...

I think they are some of their weaker albums but not because they weren't making good music at the time, there are tons of great songs on here, if you took the best 12-18 songs on the trilogy, it would be an amazing album, at least imo. But I'm glad they released all 3 albums because even some of the less enjoyable tracks are still enjoyable to listen to

Archived