Green Day Australia Tour Plans Discussion

UNICORN VOMIT

9 hours ago, Fellforyou said:

I know this is so off topic....but i am not able to get green day tickets for their bangkok concert. The link on green day's website is not working. Does anybody know anything about this?

please write to me if you know something, I would like to include this show in my spring trip but I don't know how to get them, plus I don't understand the language :D

thanks!! 

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, UNICORN VOMIT said:

People are starting to complain there is no news on the download fb page....

Yeah, there were rumurs not long after Download this year that it might not be going ahead again. 

On 9/26/2019 at 1:03 PM, UNICORN VOMIT said:

Yeah thats the worry.  Revrad did sellout RLA & Sydney 2 nights.  A stadium in each of the capitals is a stretch.

Do you mean the fan club?  It hasnt been running for ages.

I mean the link on official website of green day.....there is "tickets" tab for each tour date. Issue is that for European dates clocking on tickets will redirect to respective website for tickets....but for bangkok it redirects to green day's official webpage itself.

7 minutes ago, Fellforyou said:

I mean the link on official website of green day.....there is "tickets" tab for each tour date. Issue is that for European dates clocking on tickets will redirect to respective website for tickets....but for bangkok it redirects to green day's official webpage itself.

Yeah it did that for me - what agency do you usually buy tickets from - you could always message the webpage i guess - good luck.

1 hour ago, PoisonLemonade said:

Yeah, there were rumurs not long after Download this year that it might not be going ahead again. 

Wouldn't surprise me. NSW government are trying their best to kill festivals and other states are likely going to follow

12 minutes ago, Fellforyou said:

I noticed it's the same for all Asian dates. I think it's just because they aren't on sale yet and they were too lazy to create a Coming Soon webpage. Just keep checking for updates

I'm still holding out for a second hella mega tour announcement. But I wouldn't be too disappointed if it didn't happen, as long as they don't just do a festival again.

Though my dad is now excited for the idea of a hella mega tour because he loves GD and Weezer

Some guy posted on the Download f/b page that live nation said it wasn't going ahead,

17 minutes ago, UNICORN VOMIT said:

Some guy posted on the Download f/b page that live nation said it wasn't going ahead,

Yeah I guess something would be announced by now.  I've been looking through old BDO line ups and kick myself for never going. 

Mind you the reasons for not going were because the 2 BDOs I did go to it was just filled with dickheads. Not sure if it was just Gold Coast or BDO overall.. 

Soundwave and Download weren't like that at all

I think whether Download goes ahead or not won't matter to us. I'd be shocked if they had Green Day headline the 3rd ever Download in Aus. Not that everyone would be complaining but it being more a metal festival I reckon they'd get some serious backlash from fans. It was great this year with bands like Sum 41 and Rise Against, but Green Day would be in a headline slot which would be sure to turn off what would be considered Downloads main audience. 

1 minute ago, PoisonLemonade said:

I think whether Download goes ahead or not won't matter to us. I'd be shocked if they had Green Day headline the 3rd ever Download in Aus. Not that everyone would be complaining but it being more a metal festival I reckon they'd get some serious backlash from fans. It was great this year with bands like Sum 41 and Rise Against, but Green Day would be in a headline slot which would be sure to turn off what would be considered Downloads main audience. 

Everyone did complain they headlined Soundwave for that exact reason.  I was at the barrier all day getting slammed but I wasn't giving up my spot.

1 hour ago, Doggins said:

Yeah I guess something would be announced by now.  I've been looking through old BDO line ups and kick myself for never going. 

Mind you the reasons for not going were because the 2 BDOs I did go to it was just filled with dickheads. Not sure if it was just Gold Coast or BDO overall.. 

Soundwave and Download weren't like that at all

I lived in the estate opposite BDO - I avoided it like the plague.  

I was thinking with the state of the Aussie dollar atm it would be a terrible time for them to tour - the ticket prices would probably be through the roof.

5 hours ago, UNICORN VOMIT said:

I was thinking with the state of the Aussie dollar atm it would be a terrible time for them to tour - the ticket prices would probably be through the roof.

It’s cheaper for them to tour here BECAUSE of that reason. They get more bang for their buck, just like tourists coming here.

1 minute ago, Greenday_Aussie said:

It’s cheaper for them to tour here BECAUSE of that reason. They get more bang for their buck, just like tourists coming here.

Yeah but not for us🤣

Oh I just got what you said - forget i mentioned anything😀

With the ticket updates etc. to the Asia dates recently, either we hear if we are getting dates surrounding those soon, or I'm going to assume they aren't coming with those dates due to Hella Mega coming down here later next year. Those dates in Asia are creeping up very soon, so surely we would know something by now if Australia is getting added on as part of it. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Besides a club warm up tour for the album release I've decided I want GD to do a Day on the Green tour.

6 hours ago, UNICORN VOMIT said:

I've decided I want GD to do a Day on the Green tour.

God, that would be so confusing 😂

3 hours ago, RisingRedWolf said:

God, that would be so confusing 😂

A Day of Green Day on the Green for a Day.

Archived