Green Day Australia Tour Plans Discussion

UNICORN VOMIT

For the handful of Aussies that come to the forum - what are your thoughts on GD's plans for touring here.  Do you think they will do a festival (do we even have one🙁) or will they do a stand alone tour, Day on the Green etc?!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

God, you fucking scared me - don't do that!!

If they were to do a festival the only ones I think they'd do are Download or Good Things.

Download generally happens in March, so that's out for 2020 and Good Things is December - which is possible.

I'd love for them to do a stand alone tour, but I'm not ruling out Hella Mega coming down here totally. I think it could be an extremely successful tour here.

Nostalgia is so in right now.

Is Download still happening?

I want a stand alone tour - only for the fact that BJ said that the RevRad tour downunder was one of his favourtive times coming here - he also said that he would be back really soon - but he is such a liar🤣

The Hella Mega tour is good for Weezer who supported FF here & FOB who didnt even sell out the Convention Centre.  Personally if this happened it would make my travel plans easy - I would definitely only go to one night.

Download happened this year in March - they had Slayer, Rise Against, Sum 41, etc.

I'd like to see it continue, it seems festivals are sort of a dying breed here ever since BDO & Soundwave went to shit because of somebody...

Never know, maybe they will just do a stand alone tour here the same way they're doing it in Asia. I am more than happy for them to come down here from like, October 2020 onwards :D hahaha.

Day On The Green would be awesome! I'd much prefer that to a stadium tour
But most likely wouldn't happen the genre doesn't fit their usual audience

So yeah, Good Things maybe? For December 2020 otherwise we may even be looking at 2021 who knows.

Download 2018 was 24th of March
Download 2019 was 9th/11th of March

GD will be in Asia 08/03/2020-27/03/2020

If Download happens to be pushed back to April there would be a high chance they'd come for that. Otherwise if anything they might tour solo in April.

Or Hella Mega say more dates to be released - so maybe something around September onwards.. 

Just now, The Insider said:

Im listening to triple m in the hope of hearing FOAM & they just said GD bla bla & played Holiday🤣

Triple M has the biggest boner for AI.

I’d prefer a standalone than a festival. Not really keen on festival crowds and I’d really just be forking out for them. Either way I’ll see them.

1 hour ago, michael1989 said:

I’d prefer a standalone than a festival. Not really keen on festival crowds and I’d really just be forking out for them. Either way I’ll see them.

I think we'll be forking out the cash, regardless! Seems each year the prices of these shows keep hiking :(

52 minutes ago, belinda jane said:

I think we'll be forking out the cash, regardless! Seems each year the prices of these shows keep hiking :(

I mean I fine paying big dollars for something like PINK where the stage was fantastic - but I'll be pissed if we get the hella mega tour &  a GD sign and a bit of confetti & have to pay $200 plus dollars.  I pretty sure RevRad tour tickets were around $150 up $30 from 21CB.

1 hour ago, The Insider said:

I mean I fine paying big dollars for something like PINK where the stage was fantastic - but I'll be pissed if we get the hella mega tour &  a GD sign and a bit of confetti & have to pay $200 plus dollars.  I pretty sure RevRad tour tickets were around $150 up $30 from 21CB.

Yep. RevRad tour was definitely $150.

I only paid $66 when I first saw them back in March 2005.

I could see them playing Download with FOB and Weezer, but I could also see the Mega tour coming here during our summer.

When does their tour wrap up? 

4 minutes ago, Josh100_3 said:

I could see them playing Download with FOB and Weezer, but I could also see the Mega tour coming here during our summer.

When does their tour wrap up? 

August 29th is the last date for Hella Mega.

Yeah I figured I couldn't wait for this so my girlfriend and I are going to see the tour in Austria and the US

Im listening to My Generation on triple M & they are talking to Sarah McLeod - they mentioned the AI musical etc & then the lead in to BOBD was a snippet of FOAM & GD releasing an album soon.  Im wondering if we won't get any tour news until February when they hype the album....

1 hour ago, The Insider said:

https://musicfeeds.com.au/news/green-day-share-clip-for-new-single-father-of-all/

I think we will end up getting a hella mega tour but I don't want it considering how people here are complaining about ticket prices.  Its expensive enough here.....

It seems more likely the more I think about it - especially in summer.

You can picture it, can't you? "The Hella Mega summer stadium tour" - hahaha.

I never get why stadium shows are so much more expensive

Wouldn't they be better selling a full stadium at 100 bucks a pop rather than half at 200?

Weezer and FoB are not big enough to here for stadiums (weezer couldn't even half fill the Brisbane entertainment centre in their first tour here in 10 years)

Even Guns n Rose's and Metallica cant sell out stadiums here

Im no fan of U2 but they had tickets from 30 bucks when they played at Suncorp so went along for a laugh. But I think its great they did that

@Doggins & brisbane only got one night at bondall for RevRad so if they do stadiums it will probs be Sydney & Melbourne & im not gonna travel for that.

Glad to revist the site today and see this forum! 

There could be a chance we get some dates around their time in Asia, however if thats the case you think we would probably have some sort of announcement by now. 

Otherwise I'd love to see Hella Mega come down as a large scale AUS tour - could see it being a possibility late next year. I'd just worry if it is really going to sell bigger venues down here. Do we think this bill could sell Marvel Stadium in Melbourne? Maybe they would play it safer with something like AAMI park? 

I know this is so off topic....but i am not able to get green day tickets for their bangkok concert. The link on green day's website is not working. Does anybody know anything about this?

2 hours ago, PoisonLemonade said:

Glad to revist the site today and see this forum! 

There could be a chance we get some dates around their time in Asia, however if thats the case you think we would probably have some sort of announcement by now. 

Otherwise I'd love to see Hella Mega come down as a large scale AUS tour - could see it being a possibility late next year. I'd just worry if it is really going to sell bigger venues down here. Do we think this bill could sell Marvel Stadium in Melbourne? Maybe they would play it safer with something like AAMI park? 

Yeah thats the worry.  Revrad did sellout RLA & Sydney 2 nights.  A stadium in each of the capitals is a stretch.

2 hours ago, Fellforyou said:

I know this is so off topic....but i am not able to get green day tickets for their bangkok concert. The link on green day's website is not working. Does anybody know anything about this?

Do you mean the fan club?  It hasnt been running for ages.

Archived