Why is Billie acting differently?

Yosuke Hanamura

I notice it to. He is quite strange during most of the new interviews. And the others more goofy than usual. 

Could be 'new era nervous' and it most likely is. And we are reading too much in to it.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Signe said:

I notice it to. He is quite strange during most of the new interviews. And the others more goofy than usual. 

Could be 'new era nervous' and it most likely is. And we are reading too much in to it.

Hopefully you are right and it could be just that

11 minutes ago, The_real_st_jimmy said:

Hopefully you are right and it could be just that

I looked through the new interviews. I think he only acts strange when he is interviewed with the other bands. He seems normal when its just GD, except for those odd qoutes... 

I will put my money on him being tired of the same old interviews, over and over. Grumpy, not junkie. 

21 minutes ago, Yosuke Hanamura said:

Sorry that some of us actually care for the well being of our favorite frontman, and you don’t.

Well, for starters, I absolutely care about the health and well being of my favorite band.

I just think it's ridiculous to speculate on Billie's well-being when we don't even know him or what goes on his private life. Also, nothing seems "different" or "off" in these interviews?

1 hour ago, greenalert997x said:

Can anyone explain why Billie would be so mad at Warner? What Warner really did to Green Day... apart from the fact that labels limit freedom. I don't get it, but the issue is still appearing here

Could be something internal that we are unaware of. I’m on board with the theory that they are shoving it to Warner, but the reason is definitely unclear to me. It seems they’ve had the creative freedom to do whatever they have pleased for the past 15 some odd years, not sure why this album would suddenly be the one Warner limits the band on. 

Who knows, maybe someone did piss them off and take away some of their control? Maybe new management or someone within the company got a power trip and tried to see things their way or the highway. 

Time will tell all, for all we know Billie is just high as fuck. 

We all love and care about the guy. I just dont think it's right to be speculating about his personal life, which is probably just perfectly fine. And if it's not, well I think that kind of business should only be discussed between his close family and friends. I'm not going after anyone, I just think this thread should be closed. 🤷‍♂️

aside from singing falsetto and getting on board with a shitty album cover i don't see it

3 hours ago, The_real_st_jimmy said:

I'm hoping he is just putting on this persona/ acting sarcastic 'cause of Warner or something 🤔

This -- not necessarily because of Warner but just because.

That being said, I do understand the worrying. He’ll be fine :)

PLEASE STAND BY FOR MY 3000 WORD ESSAY ON THIS MAN'S MENTAL STATE WHERE I DRAW CORRELATIONS BETWEEN THE USE OF DUNLOP GUITAR PICKS IN COMBINATION WITH IBANEZ GUITARS CREATES PARTICLE CLOUDS SIMILAR TO THE QUICKSILVER THAT MADE THE HATTERS OF OLD BE THE BUTT OF THE JOKE "mad as a hatter". MODS DON'T DELETE THIS IS IMPORTANT 

I don’t know why many people think this album, era and Billie’s behaviour has anything to do with Warner. There’s been absolutely no proof or indication of this. Billie saying their contract is up next year is a fact, not a jab. 

2 hours ago, Yosuke Hanamura said:

Sorry that some of us actually care for the well being of our favorite frontman, and you don’t.

It's not about caring or not. It's about not speculating about his personal life. There's a difference between observing someone and having your own thoughts about it, and having a public discussion about it. We don't know what's going on inside his head at any given time just by watching an interview or performance, we don't know him and it isn't our business to guess and debate about it.

We don't allow threads for speculating about the band members' personal lives, so I'll close this. 

• Hermione locked this topic

Archived