Why is Billie acting differently?

Yosuke Hanamura

Now I could just be sniffing too much glue, but does anyone else feel like Billie is more agressive at the start of this tour? I remember during the RevRad tour, he was on top of the world, and was enjoying himself. Here, he seems like he has a chip on his shoulder. Taking jabs at Warner, claiming he hates long songs, saying rock is supposed to make people feel bad, and more. Is he okay? I’m happy to see them back, but I hate the idea of Billie being miserable.

Edit: Of fucking course the one time I actually show concern about something like this, I get shit for it..

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to believe that the theory about the whole FOAM cycle being designed as a marketing nightmare for Warner is true, especially considering Billie's behavior

I really doubt that Mike and Tre would actually let Billie go back to addiction, and it seems pretty clear that they're kind of doing this out of some sort of contract fulfillment, just from watching them in interviews

29 minutes ago, throwaway9802 said:

I have to believe that the theory about the whole FOAM cycle being designed as a marketing nightmare for Warner is true, especially considering Billie's behavior

I really doubt that Mike and Tre would actually let Billie go back to addiction, and it seems pretty clear that they're kind of doing this out of some sort of contract fulfillment, just from watching them in interviews

Although you might be right, Billie specifically corrected himself and said... “Bad... as in Badass.” 

Makes that statement less harsh. 

I have kind of the same feeling about his behavior. He may be still overwhelmed by Trump's presidency and politics in general. Presidental election shocked him so bad and the hatred toward Trump Billie was expressing throughout the entire RevRad tour. He is constantly boiling with anger and seems to be pissed with the whole world just because of what's happening right now in the world of politics. He's like at the same time tired of life and full of energy to express his attitude, a middle finger to everyone, literally. By defacing AI cover and calling his new piece of art foamf

I really don't get it how he could simply say that he hates long songs. It's strange that a man with this apporach wrote JOS. And secondly, he says that JOS is one of his favorite to play live

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks that he's kinda "strange".

Idk. We'll see what's going to happen.

7 minutes ago, Brutalitops said:

The armchair psychology in this thread is something else

giphy.gif

Green Day is putting out new music

Me: oh yeah new songs and album let's rock and enjoy !!!

GD community: bIlLiE jOe HaTe LoNg SoNgS AnD hE's WeIrD 

Just fucking enjoy this new era guys !! I love you all but sometime you're exagerating a little bit !

2 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

Just fucking enjoy this new era guys !! I love you all but sometime you're exagerating a little bit !

Fuck, I was just worried-

3 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

this forum is cancer , just enjoy the music

Can anyone explain why Billie would be so mad at Warner? What Warner really did to Green Day... apart from the fact that labels limit freedom. I don't get it, but the issue is still appearing here

8 minutes ago, Eric said:

this forum is cancer , just enjoy the music

I apologize that I.. care? 

I fail to see how this is “cancer”.

15 minutes ago, ImNotInGreenDaydummy said:

maybe he’s mad he’s touring with trump partner harley davidson 

That would have more to do with management than the label tho

Now that he's free from the bonds of Record Label servitude, he's free to be himself!  

He's going to get all the tattoos they forced on him removed.  He's gonna shave his head and start dressing like a cowboy.  

I think everything's fine, it's just part of this era.  It does bug me that all three of the guys do their hair the same way when they are promoting an album.  Having the same hair style for so long is NOT PUNK ROCK.  Grow some beards, try a new do.   DO SOMETHING FREAKING DIFFERENT WITH YOUR HAIR.  

Maybe that's a sore spot for me because I have to shave my head.   Haha. 

Let's all join in the craziness.   On the count of 1 minute, everybody become someone else on GDA.   Tres......Dos............UNO!!!!

I am now a very serious member and will not post non-sequitur track lists anymore.   Thank you. 

53 minutes ago, greenalert997x said:

Can anyone explain why Billie would be so mad at Warner? What Warner really did to Green Day... apart from the fact that labels limit freedom. I don't get it, but the issue is still appearing here

That is a fact on so many levels..... once someone labels you as mental.. your employment availability is nearly gone.

24 minutes ago, JardyOfSuburbia said:

This thread...

Sorry that some of us actually care for the well being of our favorite frontman, and you don’t.

• Hermione locked this topic

Archived