Green Day on the Woody Show

pacejunkie punk

Im not trying to bring negative atmosphere, but fans couldnt save chester. I mean, it looks like Billie is tired of Everything and is careless. Its either  He doesnt care about whats happening anymore or Theres some more better music on the way. I think If He does have a mental, addiction problem we ought to to do smth. But what? 

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still finding it weird he bemoans long songs but two seconds before says JoS is his favorite song to play live. I’ve got nothing against short songs I still just wish this album was longer. 

Also, I guess I have to take back my criticism of “hella mega” as the tour name since Mike came up with it 💚

1 hour ago, RustyShackleford said:

I don't know if it really deserves making it's own post, but they did a phone interview with my local station after this one, and I recorded it. Some funny bits. 🙂

This is the best interview so far. Thanks for recording and sharing with us!

7 minutes ago, Asik said:

Im not trying to bring negative atmosphere, but fans couldnt save chester. I mean, it looks like Billie is tired of Everything and is careless. Its either  He doesnt care about whats happening anymore or Theres some more better music on the way. I think If He does have a mental, addiction problem we ought to to do smth. But what? 

Imo we should leave him alone and cut him some slack if not everything is 100%.

26 minutes ago, J a c said:

Awesome, they are amazing when on the other side there’s someone who knows how to do fun interviews. Best interview yet. 

Definitely! A.D. is my favorite radio dj/host! Always great to listen to.

16 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

Imo we should leave him alone and cut him some slack if not everything is 100%.

Yeah youre right. Hes gotta get his shit together on his own, with The help of his family

Am I the only one hearing Billie's "wanting to make people feel bad" and "I hate long songs" as sarcasm or at the very least semi tongue in cheek? If people are getting a different vibe from the overall promo that's perfectly valid, there are a lot of factors and I haven't been through half of the new interviews/articles yet, but even after reading this discussion and THEN listening to the interview it sounded like nothing more than a joke or way to mix it up for himself, to me. Since when is he 100% serious all of the time? As excited as they may be for the album, tour etc. I'd get bored and fickle too from doing fifteen interviews (exaggeration) in one go.

4 minutes ago, herewegoagain said:

Am I the only one hearing Billie's "wanting to make people feel bad" and "I hate long songs" as sarcasm or at the very least semi tongue in cheek? If people are getting a different vibe from the overall promo that's perfectly valid, there are a lot of factors and I haven't been through half of the new interviews/articles yet, but even after reading this discussion and THEN listening to the interview it sounded like nothing more than a joke or way to mix it up for himself, to me. Since when is he 100% serious all of the time? As excited as they may be for the album, tour etc. I'd get bored and fickle too from doing fifteen interviews (exaggeration) in one go.

No, that's how I took it too. I mean, that's a heavy topic. And I can imagine it's fucking hard to address that and he knew that question was coming. I just thought he responded in a sarcastic way because he probably doesn't want to talk about it. Besides, they're there to promote this new era and it's supposed to be an exciting time! 

6 minutes ago, herewegoagain said:

At first I thought he was being sarcastic but really when you listen to or see these interviews there is no sign of sarcasm. He’s also sticking to that message.  I think he’s serious. 

Both can be true — he can be joking and making light of it but there can be an underlying truth or serious matter at the same time.

I just remember the Zane Low interview he did during RevRad where he declared (after admitting that Basket Case was really about himself) that, “The next album is gonna be called Laugh at my Pain”. 

He was joking then but guess what, really not so much...

1 hour ago, Asik said:

Yeah youre right. Hes gotta get his shit together on his own, with The help of his family

I mean theres really no evidence he needs to get his shit together. Also the comparison to Chester is well not really comparative. 

58 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

At first I thought he was being sarcastic but really when you listen to or see these interviews there is no sign of sarcasm. He’s also sticking to that message.  I think he’s serious. 

It's strange that my first thought was sarcasm, then. The reason for sticking to it could be as simple as spontaneously making the joke once then deciding to run with it because it's easier than thinking of an original response/phrasing to every goddamn interview.

48 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Both can be true — he can be joking and making light of it but there can be an underlying truth or serious matter at the same time.

I just remember the Zane Low interview he did during RevRad where he declared (after admitting that Basket Case was really about himself) that, “The next album is gonna be called Laugh at my Pain”. 

He was joking then but guess what, really not so much...

Yeah but that doesn't mean there must be an underlying truth because the joke *can* be interpreted that way. We don't know (and have no business knowing) what's in his head at any given time. People also make trivial shit up all the time for no good reason. I don't know, I'm just not invested enough right now to care all that much, but I know from experience how easy it is to read too much into things when you are. I don't understand what you mean by that interview/album title reference.

10 minutes ago, DadBod said:

So the podcast version is longer than the video they posted. Green Day comes on at 22:30 and are on for about 20 minutes in case anyone missed the "live" stream of it.

https://www.iheart.com/podcast/139-the-woody-show-26318098/episode/the-woody-show-september-12-2019-49181980/

“Oh please, we’re going last every night. I don’t flip a coin with anybody.”

🤘

4 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

“Oh please, we’re going last every night. I don’t flip a coin with anybody.”

🤘

"Maybe I'll be a soundcloud rapper!" 

(lil' rough comin in hot in 2020)

7 minutes ago, DadBod said:

"Maybe I'll be a soundcloud rapper!" 

(lil' rough comin in hot in 2020)

OMG I’d forgotten that rapper name of his 😂

Just now, pacejunkie punk said:

OMG I’d forgotten that rapper name of his 😂

Never forget. I have screenshots of his responses on my phone. 😎

Just wanted to say about Billie not being sober, he touched to alcohol during Rev Rad as well. Yet everyone agrees that he was looking so happy and healthy during that era, and he obviously was. Not being sober doesn't mean falling off the wagon. He seems to handle pretty well drinking nowadays (from what can be seen from the outside, and is definitely not the inconsistent and constantly drunk Billie from the beginning of trilogy touring). Him not being as clearly joyful as at the beginning of Rev Rad in another thing, and I don't see why mixing everything up with his health. He looks fine. The only difference about drinking with before (like, during the Rev Rad era) is that he doesn't hide at all to not being sober. But it doesn't mean he has stayed stuck in a previous period of his life. I think it's rather positive that he can just show to have a drink and not care anymore.

I don't mind anyone making suppositions worried or not, it's normal cause we love him, I personally see nothing on the health side that worries me. I just want to see him smiling and happy about this tour, I guess that matters more than the number of drinks we see him have, which doesn't mean much. 

Edit: I personally love the bratty and seemingly immature responses he can give in interviews. That's totally him and way to go. The depth is in performances for him, not in interviews.

Okay since clearly nobody is addressing the elephant in the room and is too busy discussing if Billie's drinking himself to death again, I will have to.

Mike really is that kind of asshole who wears sunglasses indoors, huh.

I swear I sometimes wonder if I’m listening to the same stuff as everyone else on here.  I get there’s a kind of a Trilogy vibe to Foam but I love it and it’s still growing on me.  I think the boys sound great, they seem pretty relaxed considering all that’s gone on in the last few days and and they’re usual witty selves.  I think Billie is like Rivers but Rivers started it well when he said he isn’t loyal, he changes his mind so yes, one time Billie feels like writing about political and social issues, the next time he doesn’t, one time he writes long songs, next time he didn’t (not literally) but he’s human so feels different things at different times and has different moods.  We all know Billie lays himself on the line at times with his songwriting but that doesn’t mean, however strange it may seem, that he is happy talking about all the ups and downs in life to a DJ or whoever who,he doesn’t really know.  I take a lot of what he says in interviews with a large pinch of salt as I feel at times he just uses a coping mechanism and that’s fine, I think everyone in the public eyes does.  He’s always asked what is this about, well it’s not really political, and as he said years ago, he doesn’t have a new girlfriend to wrote about so what do people expect him to answer? The result is his answers aren’t always really accurate or match the music, well fine, leave the music open to interpretation and just enjoy it.  

5 minutes ago, jengd said:

I swear I sometimes wonder if I’m listening to the same stuff as everyone else on here.  I get there’s a kind of a Trilogy vibe to Foam but I love it and it’s still growing on me.  I think the boys sound great, they seem pretty relaxed considering all that’s gone on in the last few days and and they’re usual witty selves.  I think Billie is like Rivers but Rivers started it well when he said he isn’t loyal, he changes his mind so yes, one time Billie feels like writing about political and social issues, the next time he doesn’t, one time he writes long songs, next time he didn’t (not literally) but he’s human so feels different things at different times and has different moods.  We all know Billie lays himself on the line at times with his songwriting but that doesn’t mean, however strange it may seem, that he is happy talking about all the ups and downs in life to a DJ or whoever who,he doesn’t really know.  I take a lot of what he says in interviews with a large pinch of salt as I feel at times he just uses a coping mechanism and that’s fine, I think everyone in the public eyes does.  He’s always asked what is this about, well it’s not really political, and as he said years ago, he doesn’t have a new girlfriend to wrote about so what do people expect him to answer? The result is his answers aren’t always really accurate or match the music, well fine, leave the music open to interpretation and just enjoy it.  

Well said, Jen!

The only interview I hadn't seen is the woody one with Mike and Tré, I've just seen it and Billie sounds and looks like just during Rev Rad. Really no matter of worry at all. Mischief and secrecy perhaps a bit but health is visibly fine. His way of speaking of i heart is rather reassuring really. You're out of the danger of your addictions when you cease to fear them. He's gone an obvious long way from then

You guys all realise Billie IS sober right? He drinks non-alcoholic beer, it’s clear in every photo you see.

Just now, Greenday_Aussie said:

You guys all realise Billie IS sober right? He drinks non-alcoholic beer, it’s clear in every photo you see.

lol no he isnt

1 minute ago, Greenday_Aussie said:

It doesn't look like it recently, but that's not the point. 

Archived