Green Day on the Woody Show

pacejunkie punk

I really hope it's not a 2012 all over again. I agree that the RevRad era seemed much much different it's just hard to explainšŸ˜–

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, The_real_st_jimmy said:

I really hope it's not a 2012 all over again. I agree that the RevRad era seemed much much different it's just hard to explainšŸ˜–

Itā€™s not hard to explain heā€™s going through another destructive cycle. Iā€™m not speculating heā€™s talking about it everywhere ā€” he just said here ā€œgive me something to worry about and Iā€™ll write a song about itā€. When his anxiety is up his self destructive tendencies are too. RevRad was the opposite side of the cycle and life was good.Ā 

6 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Honestly? I thought he was going to say that the last time went a little sideways and theyā€™re nowĀ back with the intention to have fun and a positive experience. Thatā€™s all you need to say and still be honest. Ā He wouldnā€™t have to go into detail because that all came out in the media years ago. Ā Just answer why you decide to come back and spin it positive and redemptive instead of rewriting history. Thatā€™s not to much to ask from someone who just claimed that he and his band are the only ones that ā€œcut through all the bullshit.ā€Ā 

That would have been the adult, mature, responsible and appropriate answer, I agree. But itā€™s still Billie and a rockstar more in generalĀ we are talking about, he could have hundreds of reasons to answer like that, including promotional/managerial ones.Ā Iā€™m not talking about you specifically, but sometimes in here people pretend to be able to do a psychoanalysis of Billie and his mental status based on a 15 seconds answer like that, which is just crazy.Ā 

2 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Itā€™s not hard to explain heā€™s going through another destructive cycle. Iā€™m not speculating heā€™s talking about it everywhere ā€” he just said here ā€œgive me something to worry about and Iā€™ll write a song about itā€. When his anxiety is up his self destructive tendencies are too. RevRad was the opposite side of the cycle and life was good.Ā 

Hopefully the difference this time around is that he's sober and is able to get a better handle on things. I would really like to think he learned from that experience.

Just now, localinsomniac said:

Hopefully the difference this time around is that he's sober and is able to get a better handle on things. I would really like to think he learned from that experience.

I would too but addiction and anxiety are a bitch. And heā€™s not sober btw

40 minutes ago, MillenniumFan said:

I don't know, I just know how many outside GDC reacted to the whole thing at the time.Ā Many thought it was "badass", "funny" or more on the negative side,Ā "embarrassing", but no one was overly concerned with Billie's "state". Maybe they ought to haveĀ been, but the really concerned people mostly were and still are to be found in our little GDC bubble.Ā 

Billie's behaviour is still weird though. Wether it's because they're leaving Warner and it's the "out-the door, we don't care that much anymore tbh lolz" attitude or wether it's because they actually have some more exciting material down the road and they're just "trolling" right now, I don't know, but I don't find it 100% normal.

Something is really off and I can't understand whats up with this new era...

Just now, pacejunkie punk said:

I would too but addiction and anxiety are a bitch. And heā€™s not sober btw

Oh? Having anxiety and growing up the son of an addict, I know neither is easy to deal with. But I honestly had no clue he was off the wagon.

Just now, DookieLukie said:

How do you know that?

There are dozens of pictures since 2012 incident that shows Billie Joe drinking alcohol so I guess he/she meant that.

I'm not a big fan of people on this forum trying to be Billie's therapist. It's really rude to make assumptions about someone's personal life and their mental/physical health. Just because you don't like the new song, it must mean Billie is mentally ill? Wow who knew that everyone is ill who doesn't agree with you. Nuts.

2 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

I'm not a big fan of people on this forum trying to be Billie's therapist. It's really rude to make assumptions about someone's personal life and their mental/physical health. Just because you don't like the new song, it must mean Billie is mentally ill? Wow who knew that everyone is ill who doesn't agree with you. Nuts.

I love the new song but I promise you Iā€™m not making assumptions. Really listen to what heā€™s telling you everywhere. His words.

Just now, JardyOfSuburbia said:

I just wish someone would ask them about the album cover.

He talked a little about it on the Zane Lowe show.

Link to the download is here:

Ā 

Even if he's not sober, what does it mean for us? There's literally zero we can do for him, so let's just let him live his life without scrutiny and judgement.

Nobody is trying to be a therapist. Some of these things @pacejunkie punkĀ Is referring toĀ are just obvious. Now whether or not this has a good or bad ending is the question. We donā€™t know yet.

5 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I love the new song but I promise you Iā€™m not making assumptions. Really listen to what heā€™s telling you everywhere. His words.

You're acting like you know him. You are making assumptions because unless you have audio or visual evidence, it's all speculation.

4 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

Nobody is trying to be a therapist. Some of these things @pacejunkie punkĀ Is referring toĀ are just obvious. Now whether or not this has a good or bad ending is the question. We donā€™t know yet.

"Obvious"? You mean in your opinion. It's nog obvious that he has unmanaged MH or active addicition.

7 minutes ago, DadBod said:

He talked a little about it on the Zane Lowe show.

Link to the download is here:

Ā 

I can't download it 'cause I'm not at home.
What did he say in general about the cover? It's something I really want to know too ahah. The cover is the only thing I don't understand right now. The AI cover. Why!?

2 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

Obvious"? You mean in your opinion. It's nog obvious that he has unmanaged MH or active addicition.

Iā€™ll give you that. We donā€™t know for sure that itā€™s unmanaged and we canā€™t assume that. What we do know from videos and statements heā€™s made lately that his persona/overall attitude right now is very similar to Trilogy pre-rehab and very different from Rev Rad, which is when he seemed the most at peace. Of course people are going to have concerns about that.Ā 

11 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

Even if he's not sober, what does it mean for us? There's literally zero we can do for him, so let's just let him live his life without scrutiny and judgement.

I would hope that 80, would be making sure he's not you know... going down that same path again I hope she makes surešŸ˜–

3 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

I can't download it 'cause I'm not at home.
What did he say in general about the cover? It's something I really want to know too ahah. The cover is the only thing I don't understand right now. The AI cover. Why!?

BJ: ...its got a unicorn on the cover

ZL: what color is the unicorn?

BJ: "its sort of rainbow, bright, um its got a horn and uh is got funny eyes"

Look, we donā€™t know these people. At all. We can speculate and pick apart every last little thing a person says with a fine tooth comb and pretend we have an analysis and that we know whatā€™s going on, but we donā€™t. All of these posts saying ā€˜it doesnā€™t feel rightā€™ ā€˜it feels differentā€™ is absolutely pointless, and itā€™s a you thing, not a ā€˜themā€™ thing.Ā 

Its just so depressing! Ultimately what are you people even going on?! I swear half of you are seeing things that arenā€™t there. Theyā€™re not acting how you want them to act, therefore something is obviously going on, ā€˜going down a bad pathā€™. Its ridiculous. Yes we care about them as people and we obviously donā€™t want bad things to be going on, but thatā€™s as far as we should concern ourselves. If it upsets you that much you should take a step back cause youā€™re only going to ruin it for yourself.Ā 

Ā 

31 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I see what you mean. Yeah RevRad was so much happiness it seemed for him, butĀ this? Ā Part of me thinks he is being somewhat sarcastic/ in a joking manor but part of me is worried he is going down the same path again. I hope not though, i hope 80/ Mike and Tre are "keeping him in line" from that ever getting so bad again.

16 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

I think it's ok, fun, and very interesting to interpret the emotional message of a song, based on the storyline thatĀ Green Day as a band (and a brand) is building around it, and more personally what Billie feels about it since he writes the lyrics. I actually agree with howĀ @pacejunkie punkĀ interprets FOAMF.
But trying to understand Billie's psychological status towards the iHeart performance, how he feels about it, or even if he is fine or not more in general, all based on a 15 seconds answer in a promotional interview, that's a completely different story.Ā 

1 minute ago, DadBod said:

BJ: ...its got a unicorn on the cover

ZL: what color is the unicorn?

BJ: "its sort of rainbow, bright, um its got a horn and uh is got funny eyes"

I hope someone will ask him
''Why did you use the AI cover for your new album?'' That simple question.

Archived