Green Day at 2019 iHeart Music Festival Sep 20-21

pacejunkie punk

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just watched it. I wasn’t gonna bother to tape it but I’m glad I did. Totally different shots and edit from the livestream and the sound was 100% better. Wow.  Plus the interview segment was new.

Also I continue to be impressed with their representation because instead of just airing two songs of theirs back to back, they had their biggest single in the first hour and then the newest in the second hour with a plug for the tour. Very smart placement. That’s good agents. 

2 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Just watched it. I wasn’t gonna bother to tape it but I’m glad I did. Totally different shots and edit from the livestream and the sound was 100% better. Wow.  Plus the interview segment was new.

Yeah, I only really noticed the different shots on second viewing since I was paying more attention to the sound. However, they really did a good job (whoever edited this thing). The FOAMF edit especially is actually quite cheeky. It kinda makes it look like the whole (female especially) audience were absolutely drooling all over Billie and the others lmao

6 minutes ago, MillenniumFan said:

It kinda makes it look like the whole (female especially) audience were absolutely drooling all over Billie and the others lmao

Don't we all drool over them... :eyebrows:

wait wrong thread.

Some of the crowd shots from FOAM don’t even look like they were really taken from when FOAM was being played. I mean the whole stage lighting setup for the song is red yet the lighting on some of the crowd shots are under a blue light. The editing doesn’t make it look natural.

1 hour ago, MillenniumFan said:

Yeah, I only really noticed the different shots on second viewing since I was paying more attention to the sound. However, they really did a good job (whoever edited this thing). The FOAMF edit especially is actually quite cheeky. It kinda makes it look like the whole (female especially) audience were absolutely drooling all over Billie and the others lmao

You mean they weren’t lol 

49 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

You mean they weren’t lol 

Nah I don’t expect iHeart’s audience to be that good :lol:

Has a video of the interview and the non-performance stuff been posted anywhere? 

1 hour ago, GD123 said:

Has a video of the interview and the non-performance stuff been posted anywhere? 

there is an interview on page 24 of this thread.

The "come on honey"-part sounds absolutely amazing live. It's definitely the falsetto that kills the song for me, and it's still painful. But it's definitely a lot better live than on the studio version.

I saw the video on youtube and thought the band performed rather flat minus the FOAMF section. Guess I'm in the minority here but  that's ok, as a huge GD fan it's always good to be in the minority. Glad most of you enjoyed the show. Wish GD would take out Rancid and Bad Religion on a tour where they all mash up each others songs. That'd be the best tour of all time, not feeling this Hella Mega concert as I'm hella 829 dollars poorer as a result of this monstrosity of fuck. I like Weezer a bit but can't name more than two songs by the other band. I seriously can't remember their name. Not talking about the Interrupters, they at least try really hard thought not really my cup of tea. Hope Broken World gets played with Billie though!

On 10/3/2019 at 10:32 AM, MillenniumFan said:

Decided to upload both BOBD and FOAM to YouTube. Holy shit, as always amazing to see what a good (or better) mix and master can do! :runaround:

THIS is the kind of stuff (pro-shot videos from their gigs) that I've been wanting the guys to upload to their official channel FOR YEARS. It's just sooo easy for them to do, yet so awesome!

Could you share the link of where did you found these vídeos in iHeartRadio site?

6 minutes ago, legendary said:

Could you share the link of where did you found these vídeos in iHeartRadio site?

Didn't find it on iHeartRadio site, it was a stream replay of CW, on some free TV streaming site. That stream has gone now unfortunately, or rather, you can't rewind back to there anymore... Check the downloads thread for full/raw files though.

• 2 months later...

Archived