Green Day at 2019 iHeart Music Festival Sep 20-21

pacejunkie punk

Just now, SnaggletoothRecords said:

Hopefully they put usher and justin bieber in their fucking places this time 

I haven't heard about Usher in years, so I feel that he's put in his place by default lmao

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, James! said:

Keep Billie away from the bar... and usher. 

Justin Beiber and Usher will join in for a weird rendition of Brutal Love and the Saints are coming.  The all new, all different Green Day!!!!! 

15 minutes ago, Jean said:

I hope he stops int middle of Basket Case again.

"Grasping to controooool aw fuck this shit...  Just Kidding! :ga:"

No, they just pick up where they left off.

Show starts:  ....So I better hold on! 

Then they play whatever they were going to play last time, ending with a couple songs...

Ho! Geez! Billie has guts to accept to go back there. The medias will surely talk a lot about this return to the festival. 

It would be awesome if they will start to play from that "grasping to control" part... "Let me finish that song!!"

13 minutes ago, AngelBlue_ said:

I have no worries. I'm sure everything will go fine. Billie is well aware of what happened last time and got the help he needed because of it. He can take care of himself and I trust him and the rest of the band. I'm just excited to see it! I hope there will be some nice pro shot videos!

Oh boy. Respect, Billie, this takes a lot of courage and self-esteem. I'm sure he'll be fine. Right? I hope he'll be fine.

I think this is great. It looks like some people are actually scared of Billie’s “behavior”, since it reminds them the Trilogy times. Going back there and rock the shit out of that arena will be a great way to show this is a new chapter (not that it’s really necessary to me) :) 

1 hour ago, Green Day In Seattle said:

I have no worries. I'm sure everything will go fine. Billie is well aware of what happened last time and got the help he needed because of it. He can take care of himself and I trust him and the rest of the band. I'm just excited to see it! I hope there will be some nice pro shot videos!

This. What the fuck is up with people actually worried about this lol? It might be a bit rough for Billie with all of this, naturally, getting brought up in the media again. But he's obviously ready for that since he said yes to playing. I think he'll redeem himself to a fair share of people who thinks that 2012-bs is representative of who he actually is. I'm so looking forward to this and I'd be very surprised if we didn't get pro shot footage of it.

30 minutes ago, Nightlife said:

I think he'll redeem himself to a fair share of people who thinks that 2012-bs is representative of who he actually is.

If he doesn't want people to think that the 2012-bs is representative of who he actually is, then I'm wondering even more where his weird, cynical "fuck it all"-attitude is coming from. An album about dancing, partying and not giving a shit - I think we can't deny that the general vibe has a very strong 2012-resemblance. Of course I sincerely hope you're right though.

2 minutes ago, Thatsername said:

If he doesn't want people to think that the 2012-bs is representative of who he actually is, then I'm wondering even more where his weird, cynical "fuck it all"-attitude is coming from. An album about dancing, partying and not giving a shit - I think we can't deny that the general vibe has a very strong 2012-resemblance. Of course I sincerely hope you're right though.

I'm not overly excited about a whole album on that theme but I don't mind it either. My hopes are that it'll be done 'the right way' this time, aka a fun album with some attitude, not the absolute drugfueled dark chaos that was the Trilogy. When I say 2012-bs I'm talking about his behaviour on iheart specifically. I've seen lots of comments from non-fans who thinks that's just his, very shitty, day-to-day personality when it's simply not true. Also the performance was shit lol. 

He's seemed so happy and grateful these last few years and like he's in a good place so I guess that's another reason why I don't worry. But mainly I don't see the people around him allowing him spiraling out of control like that again. Who knows though, we get such a small glimpse of their lives and addiction is an uncontrollable beast at times so maybe it'll turn in to another shitshow. Only time will tell but for now I feel no need to worry about it. A lot of the 'warning signs' people here have picked up on I think is blown out of proportion too, and it's understandable lots of us are on edge considering what has happened in the past. Anyway none of us know shit about their personal lives so really it's a pretty pointless discussion (but I already wrote all this so I'll post it anyway lol). We'll see what happens, all I know for sure is I look forward to this performance!

The similarity/parallel of Foam and trilogy eras is making me think of how Karl Marx said that "history repeats itself first as a tragedy, then as farce". :lol:

Seriously though, he's not going to have a breakdown just because he plays the same event. It doesn't have to be exactly the same you know. :P I'm surprised they're doing this though, because both Billie and Mike said they shouldn't have agreed to playing this the last time.

And I want to add that imo @Nightlife is spot on. Right now we don't know for sure that there's any reason to worry. And even if there was, there's nothing we could do, so all we can do is enjoy the foam and hope for the best.

I have the urge to punch myself in the face repeatedly.

I HAVE to buy the theory that Warner's pulling all the strings on this era and that it's all tongue-in-cheek and they hate it. Because man, I can't handle a purposeful 2012 redo. 

Wow...this wasn't the announcement that I expected! But I'm glad that they're giving the guys another chance after what happened last time. That's a big deal. I'm really glad that Billie feels up to making this comeback at the festival, especially given the fact that everyone will be talking about what happened the last time he was there because of this announcement. That's brave of him, and I hope they melt people's faces off with their performance 😝 

It would be fun to hear Billie screaming “We are not fucking Backstreet Boys” tho. 

321461573_562cc277.gif 

1 minute ago, J a c said:

It would be fun to hear Billie screaming “We are not fucking Backstreet Boys” tho. 

Those guys put on a helluva show, though. 

1 minute ago, DadBod said:

Those guys put on a helluva show, though. 

After the Joan Jett one, I want a sampling of Everybody. 

1 minute ago, J a c said:

After the Joan Jett one, I want a sampling of Everybody. 

joan jett one?

1 minute ago, DadBod said:

joan jett one?

One of the new songs is a sampling of do you wanna touch me (Kerrang interview) 

3 minutes ago, J a c said:

One of the new songs is a sampling of do you wanna touch me 

AH! Gotcha.

Best BSB song out there and I'm sure GD could kill it.

1 minute ago, kaylubd said:

Green Day needs to cover "Everybody (Backstreet's Back)." They'd totally kill it! 

Dance moves too? 😂

Archived