Green Day on Kimmel Sept 12

Squashie

1 minute ago, StillBreathing said:

I thought it was fucking great 

.... dont understand some GD 'fans'... all they seem to do is shit on the band .. unless you could go up and do a better job then shut the fuck up and enjoy your 'favourite' bands performance 

Fuck off

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He sounded so good. I can’t believe this is the same guy who couldn’t hit a note on Still Breathing during Rev Rad appearances. 

That was sexy. I was surprised he didn’t move too much but that may have been because of the cameras. He had to play more to the camera than the audience. Also if he was concentrating on getting the vocal right it’s harder when you jump around. It was great though.

Hot damn, was that a killer performance! I was headbanging the whole time, and while I liked the song already, hearing it live really shines new light on the song.

7 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

Lol weird performance. Billie seemed completely zoned out and unenthused. Chewing his gum like a cow.

He was just trying to contain himself.. he was in pure bad ass mode and sounded great! The band is as solid as ever! 

Weird performance from Billie. The band seemed to be into it but Billie really put me off. I understand if he wanted to focus on hitting the notes, but I'm not used to seeing him so... still... at all. 

Just now, amberwhite said:

Still not in love with the song,  but 100% on the styling.

Oh yes! The red suits promo photo gets me so hyped for the sound to come from this album. 

This energetic, retro theme is a great follow-up to the serious, older-rocker vibe of RevRad. Band seems to be at high energy overall. In RevRad they seemed very reflective and happy to be still together. Now they seem gunning for the future. It's cool.

It was a solid performance and I understand Billie might've been focused on hitting the notes, but he seemed really out of it to me? Almost glazed over? I dunno. I hope I'm over thinking it. It was a solid performance, though, and I really dig the song. 

this video needs to hurry TF up and surface... im on the west coast, aint seen shit yet.  its just now about to be 10pm here.

I can’t wait to see the video, now I just know it’s gonna be over the top glam.

Kevin suits this aesthetic perfectly. He looked like a great fit up there. Just saying 😍

Just now, thoroughlyme said:

It was a solid performance and I understand Billie might've been focused on hitting the notes, but he seemed really out of it to me? Almost glazed over? I dunno. I hope I'm over thinking it. It was a solid performance, though, and I really dig the song. 

I think he was purposefully trying to give off an “I’m a rock star & I don’t give a fuck” vibe, with the gum-chewing and giving the middle finger and all.

Kinda sounded like walking into a guitar center with all the amplifiers settings just right . plug n play. Bobs your uncle. No fussin', no fightin'.

It wasn't a wild crazy performance, but still good! I figured that it could be nerves - they are debuting the song for the first time on TV - or just being tired. They've been doing promos since the song came out. Either way, really fun to see the boys on TV again! And I'm loving the retro vibe! Can we just keep Kevin up there from now on? He fits so well with the band!

And I somehow almost missed seeing this because I couldn't remember when Kimmel started :lol: Luckily I tuned in just as he was announcing them! AHH! It's so fun seeing them on TV again. Can't wait for more things like this. 

Positives: Billi so hott!
 Band is hella mega tight

They've adopted leopard print

Song is bangin'  live without the affects processors on full blast

Archived