Green Day on Kimmel Sept 12

Squashie

9 hours ago, The Bellie said:

And the fact that many fans think like you on this matter doesn't mean some can't have other opinions on this matter, happily. (By the way, posting what I did I was not expecting support, I know what the majority thinks about this, and I'm usually not in it so... I'm saying what I think and I think that when everybody seems to agree on something, it's the moment when you have to take a step back and not necessarily follow the herd). Everybody can have their own feelings about this (which is why we'll probably never agree because we feel things differently, which is fine).

I'm not ignoring anything, such as "power dynamics" like you say, on the contrary, I think the power dynamics were on her side and I'll tell you why, if it wasn't clear enough from what I said. First, I believe that each person is responsible for what they only do. Jeff is not responsible for what some of his own fans might have said. He apologized for his own"keep it coming", which he said when he was emotionally not well. His mistake was to post on his social media when he was in that state. Yeah of course he was going to lash out at her ex then. Anybody would have, taking the keyboard at that moment. Seeing that he was getting some support (even in a bad manner) from some of his fans, it was his weakness to give in to that and put the "keep it coming." I don't think the point is to say it was a "minor" or a "major" mistake (I'm not pedantic enough to rate other people's mistakes about something I don't even know, because I wasn't there, even less in their place) but it was definitely human because it was emotional. I can only have compassion for that. Even more with the fact he regretted quickly after shows it.

She, on the other hand, did something afterwards that was obviously not a hot-headed decision. It was a conscious one, and reasoned one. I'm not saying she lied about anything she said to have received, or about her feelings when received it, no. But her act then is not justified by all that. Jeff just publicly said to everyone to stop threatening her, but she posts their exchanges in private, that do not concern us at all. She didn't need to do that unless purposefully wanting to shame him on the net. Going to the police with the texts and proofs of harassing would've been enough to make him understand. You don't just consciously post private text messages from other people on social media, I'm sorry. Apparently we don't have the same idea about what's "weird" or "creepy" or not. (I think judging a relationship by age is not right either, just said in passing. Would I have had doubts about the solidity of their relationship before what happened? Yes, but it's not due to their respective age.) To my eyes, she did what she did to get the exact same reaction that she got, from you for instance, from a whole part of the GD's fanbase (yes, his fanbase, funny, or creepy way to use his own fame against him, it didn't actually help him on that at all), because the internet support went mainly for her then, and it was what she expected, very probably.

You don't have to be sorry for me, it's long over now but whatever I may have felt, my ex was the one suffering in prior, that's how it is. I went to the police for my part and it made me feel better. Of course, many things differ between both situations. My ex harassed me for a very long time while Jeff seemed to have calmed down really quickly, and I'm pretty sure he would have stopped quickly even without what she did. You don't just dart a knee in someone's balls like that, when they're suffering. That's what she did. Given her age and her very probable ability and awareness of the use and power of social media today, more than Jeff given his age which you pointed out (it doesn't matter how much they use it, just look as well at Billie for instance, with his own spontaneity that has cut him short on his social media too. Internet is just not fitted for hot-headed emotions unless you want to start a virtual civil war, and having made the mistake to lay such emotions down on there doesn't mean they are bad people), so it doesn't surprise me that she did what she did.

I'm on the first line to call out sexism in all its forms (more conservative people around me sometimes think I'm the archetype of the feminist, while in real I rarely like so-called feminists but well, just to tell you this is not about denying that women are still very often on the losing side) and I get sexism in the face like many other women get it, but here to me, it was from her part using a widely recognized social and moral that is women's cause to get some sort of moral immunity and some form of political correctness on her side. Using Jeff's own fans against him which worked because he is the famous one (I'm schematizing). Okay. But at neither moment did he mean to use his actual fans against her, I really don't believe that. Posting the one shit thing he did (I'm not counting the number of tweets because I don't know and don't care, but it was one occurrence at first when he was definitely hating angry after their break up), he was not the famous GD member posting but the person suffering posting and that's it, because he immediately changed and regretted his behavior afterwards.

So yes, the "femdom" on GD's side (which I absolutely love btw, Billie saying he can't wait until women take over the planet is one of the best things and I wish more men would hold women in such places mentally) played for her part. I'm not saying it's right or wrong, it's just like it clearly happened. Sometimes it's easier to blind ourselves behind defined "morals" while it's not to us to judge the situation at all. Yeah, we can have feelings, opinions. But the outright judgement shamelessly put upon Jeff by many fans on here for that only incident is what I find creepy. I feel like, condemning him to that point where we even think he shouldn't be a member a GD is condemning mistakes due to negative emotions (like it happens to everybody, only not every body have the bad luck to be a public figure, when you think about it in his case, and to post it on social media at the moment when we shouldn't) while advocating calculation and (social media) manipulation here that were not needed at all, despite the personal situation they were going through, that precisely should've stayed personal. Best way I can sum it up.

I might have been a bit caricatural on the depiction of my feelings about this but just to show you we can read many different things depending on each person. (and I feel the overall position of which yours is a example is being quite straightforward as well, like, taking our distant impressions for the truth.)

I see the scandalized relation from some people coming, but all this is how I felt from the first place about that. And I don't care about Jeff whatever you may think, only indirectly because of what happened, but not personally, I don't know this guy, he may very well be the best or the worst, I couldn't care less

As you say, you're completely entitled to your own perspective on things, that's clear, I just replied to your message because I certainly didn't make that Jeff comment days ago to gain internet points, it was because of the values I hold and will continue to do so. We clearly have different points of view and that's cool, I just wanna hightlight the fact that Jeff's ex girlfriend didn't post those videos for everyone to see, it was her telling her side of the story on her private account for her friends who were probably getting calls and DMs from him, so as you say, it definitely didn't concerned us, because it wasn't for us. But, again, that probably don't change much of the scenario for you and that's fine, we don't have to agree on everything, and I think we can agree that this was enough Jeffgate for the day.

29 minutes ago, Vintage Disciple said:

I KNEW I recognized that backdrop from somewhere!!  

Elvis ‘68 Comeback Special

Good catch, I'm glad that Billie is still an Elvis fanboy at heart 💖

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Leopard print drums, WTF? 🤣🤣🤣

On 9/13/2019 at 11:29 AM, Thatsername said:

Great performance, this is so much better than the studio version. But I really don't like the falsetto, I think that's my main problem with the song. Maybe I would like it more if he sang those parts with his normal beautiful Billie-ish singing voice, don't know. The little screams in "miracle" tho😍

Still feeling no emotional connection to this song whatsoever, but hey. Gotta mount the unicorn and move on, I guess. Bring on the tour and more dates, guys 🙂

Yup, I was delighted when the music kicked in. I'd been so disappointed with the single but realised that it just sounds more right live. Guitars are much rawer compared to how produced the studio version is and this made me think yes, i would be happy to hear this live on the tour. But those falsetto vocals, nope. I tried, i honestly did. 🤣 After i was pleasantly surprised by the music i thought that Billie might also be singing in a different, more natural style on the show than on the recording as well. Oh well. Proper impressed that he can do that with his voice tho; i don't think it's completely just studio magic?

Mike looking as cool as before, good to see that's the same as ever. That bass is on point too.

25 minutes ago, jengd said:

When Kimmel held up the album cover I thought it looked pretty cool.

I thought the same thing. Much cooler seeing the physical cover than an online photo of it.

On 9/14/2019 at 9:16 AM, Vintage Disciple said:

I KNEW I recognized that backdrop from somewhere!!  

Elvis ‘68 Comeback Special

HEY GUYS

Elvis is seen as the king of rock and roll.... GD uses his backdrop to say... they're the kings of rock now and are therefore will be making one of the best albums like MAGNUM OPUS ... THEORY CONFIRMED. 

😂

1 minute ago, PursuitOfEpicness said:

HEY GUYS

Elvis is seen as the king of rock and roll.... GD uses his backdrop to say... they're the kings of rock now and are therefore will be making one of the best albums like MAGNUM OPUS ... THEORY CONFIRMED. 

😂

By far the most compelling argument in favor of that theory yet. Consider me a believer in MOOTIK! 

So I showed this vid to a friend and first thing he said after 2 sec of Billie singing: has he been castrated? :lol: But he liked it 

Archived