New Kerrang! Magazine Interview about Hella Mega and FOAMF

GD123

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I liked this interview much better than the first one. I'm scared of the hip-hop influence though😂 And what I don't get is why he always thinks he has to apologize for his previous work, in this case Still Breathing. I mean, I understand that he wants to move on, but why can't he just be like, okay, that was a phase in my life I have left behind, but the song is what it is and it reflects what I felt BACK THEN. It's like he's never satisfied with anything he does, but he CAN be, especially because that phase of reflection was so important for all of them.

That being said: I love the Men in Black-look. Cool motherf*ckers 😎

2 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

Yeah honestly wtf is Songs for Assholes?

Probably an album making off that they'l reveal when it comes out.

Overall good article. I wondered if they were going to ask about the SFA instagram and what/if the guys response would be. His comments about not putting political stuff on his account and that he prefers to have that conversation one-on-one makes me wonder if he'll cut the talk out of the live show (or at least cut it down).

Can't read those scans :D What is the quote about SFA? And what did he say about Still Breathing? 

I find it weird how whenever they're promoting a new album, they kind of just dismiss their previous album

Also the second page is quite interesting, fun to hear them speaking for the first time about songs for assholes :D 

Thank you very much for the scans! 

4 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

I find it weird how whenever they're promoting a new album, they kind of just dismiss their previous album

To be fair they’re not dismissing RR in this article. They’re just expressing they’re interest in doing something different, and saying that Still Breathing is not fun. Which is true, it’s a great song but it’s not fun :D 

5 hours ago, DadBod said:

Just FYI. New articles can get a new thread, just happened to look here cause I am posting high res scans soon of the previous issue, it is more than important enough to warrant it. 
Had I noticed before I posted a new thread I would have just split this into a new thread.

Sorry if this has been discussed before, but I just got the printed copy of the first Kerrang interview via mail and I found the box "Green inferno" on page 31 which I had totally overlooked when I  read the scans. Billie talks about the culture of Green Day and I just love what he says there. It made me realize once again that those three guys are special and we can be so happy and grateful that we chose them as our favourite band. The connection they have with each other, but also with us fans is extraordinary, maybe even one-of-a-kind, and we should never take that for granted. I'm so happy I have them in my life💚

He says: "...We work with our friends and we jam with them, and we make goofy T-shirts and we get bad tattoos. That's just the culture that is Green Day, and I think that's one of the ingredients that's missing from a lot of bands. It's like they're just a band, and that's not enough. It needs to be more than that. It needs to feel like you're a part of something. And I think that's true for our fans - if you can even call them fans, because I like to think of the people that listen to our music as a part of our community."

On 9/18/2019 at 7:51 PM, Beerjeezus said:

Probably an album making off that they'l reveal when it comes out

Maybe that is all it is -  a discussion space  for their songs but we've read more into it.

Archived