New Kerrang! Magazine Interview about Hella Mega and FOAMF

GD123

Not sure if the cover is real, but there is a new magazine cover from Kerrang! floating around social media with Green Day on it. If it is real and a new interview coming out, would someone be willing to post pictures of it? 

Thank you so much! 

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gah now I gotta try and get my hands on this? I usually ignore Kerrang because they'll find any excuse to slap them on a cover, but since it's the first cover of the new era I kind of want it!

New song titles mentioned in the interview!
- Junkies on a High
- Sugar Youth
- The Art of the Deal of the Devil
- Bulletproof Backpack

Some of them I'm a little unsure of....

They said that this record is gonna be one of their hardest sounding. I'm ok with that as long as the vocals aren't weird like in FOAMF

1 minute ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

New song titles mentioned in the interview!
- Junkies on a High
- Sugar Youth
- The Art of the Deal of the Devil
- Bulletproof Backpack
- Everybody is a star...

Some of them I'm a little unsure of....

They said that this record is gonna be one of their hardest sounding. I'm ok with that as long as the vocals aren't weird like in FOAMF

I think that 'Everybody is a star' is a quote from Bulletproof Backpack's chorus. That's how I understood it. 

2 minutes ago, sampy said:

I think that 'Everybody is a star' is a quote from Bulletproof Backpack's chorus. That's how I understood it. 

Oh I think you're right

From their words it looks like we’re getting a very energetic, fast, hard, and innovative record. I really hope this is true ❤️

I can't take anything of what they say seriously when Billie says that FOAMF is the best first single they've ever released. And not liking long songs? I mean - it's not only that they made quite a few long songs themselves, but so many artsits they adore are famous for their long songs (Queen, The Who etc.). It just... it doesn't feel right, the whole thing. It doesn't feel honest. I'm not buying it. It's like they're playing a role or something. Yeah maybe it's just me being whiny, but that's just it. If this is the direction they want to go, okay, do it. I just really hope they're okay, cause I'm not sure.

3 minutes ago, Thatsername said:

I can't take anything of what they say seriously when Billie says that FOAMF is the best first single they've ever released. And not liking long songs? I mean - it's not only that they made quite a few long songs themselves, but so many artsits they adore are famous for their long songs (Queen, The Who etc.). It just... it doesn't feel right, the whole thing. It doesn't feel honest. I'm not buying it. It's like they're playing a role or something. Yeah maybe it's just me being whiny, but that's just it. If this is the direction they want to go, okay, do it. I just really hope they're okay, cause I'm not sure.

thats kinda funny because after playing FOAM last night billie said "it's too short....it's too fucking short", then they played it again :D

2 minutes ago, Your _Enemy said:

thats kinda funny because after playing FOAM last night billie said "it's too short....it's too fucking short", then they played it again :D

He's such a Walking Contradiction :lol:

1 minute ago, Your _Enemy said:

See? That's why I think they're not being honest. This whole FOAM thing... it's a charade. Father of all mockers, literally. What you're saying only supports the theory that this is probably not the whole truth. At least I hope so.

11 minutes ago, Thatsername said:

I think we always have to look for the right interpretation of Billie’s mambo jumbo interview style :D In this case what I read is: I got bored of long songs and for this record I just wanted fast straight to the point songs. And I’m good with this. It’s not that now he hates every 3+ minutes song he ever wrote.

Really like that interview, it’s a lot more real the the KROQ one was and should hopefully stop this ‘oh it’s a fake’ BS.

it has political nods in ‘art of the deal of the devil’.

it has GD all over it, even yesterday’s song! Lyrics are decent when you look at them, great guitar..

no fakes, no “oh we’re just screwing with people”

ya this is the new era!

21 minutes ago, Thatsername said:

just... it doesn't feel right, the whole thing. It doesn't feel honest. I'm not buying it. It's like they're playing a role or something. 

Midlife crisis 2.0 I'm afraid. It's sad to see people I idolized for being real, like that. 

3 minutes ago, petros said:

Midlife crisis 2.0 I'm afraid. It's sad to see people I idolized for being real, like that. 

Geez, can’t an artist experiment with whatever he wants and try different things in different records without being accused of having a midlife crisis? Do they have to do a 5+ minutes song in every record because they did it in AI?  

2 minutes ago, J a c said:

Geez, can’t an artist experiment with whatever he wants and try different things in different records without being accused of having a midlife crisis? Do they have to do a 5+ minutes song in every record because they did it in AI?  

The problem is not that they try new things, I love it when they do that! The problem is that it doesn't feel honest here. The whole "just fuck it all"-attitude seems cynical and forced in a weird way.

7 minutes ago, J a c said:

Yeah. Because fast and hard punk rock is so far off their comfort zone. I'm so glad they stepped out of it :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, petros said:

Yeah. Because fast and hard punk rock is so far off their comfort zone. I'm so glad they stepped out of it :rolleyes:

Ah so you think this song is within their comfort zone and that it is fast hard punk? 😂 

1 hour ago, Thatsername said:

The problem is not that they try new things, I love it when they do that! The problem is that it doesn't feel honest here. The whole "just fuck it all"-attitude seems cynical and forced in a weird way.

Agree to disagree :) I think they look happy and comfortable with it, also considering all the side and parallel projects that lead to this record, as well as the crazy mess they did with the Trilogy. It doesn’t look weird to me. 

If people could posts any quotes here that would be awesome, those screenshots are too small / blurry for me to read and since its a photo, my screen reader won't work! 

The interview definitely got me more excited. Sad that there's only 10 songs and 1 of those is sampled. I do like the style and garage-rock direction, even though Billie describes it in the cringiest way. I don't get the sudden hatred of long songs. Ironically, their long songs are some of their best. I find it odd that Billie said he can't even stomach a song over 3 minutes. Weird thing to say given how 80% of music is that way, including his own discography. Hopefully more quantity of music comes before the tour as they alluded to.

Archived