Magnum Opus Of The Inglorious Kind - confirmed NOT to be Green Day

ColinOr

14 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

The whole theory about this being fake just doesn’t make sense to me! I mean, why would a relatively unknown band like Panicland even want to fake something like this? I mean, do you really think they said to each other, “Dude, wouldn’t it be funny if we made up a fake Green Day album to fool all their fans?” Green Day would’ve spoken out about this already saying that FOAMF is the only album coming out in February! Instead, Billie hinted at more new music after FOAMF and before the tour!!!

Because Panicland is a unknown band who wishes to be known! If you looked closely to their Instagram account, the guys are going after all celebrities they can to take a picture with them. They invited themself into some events when they were not invited. Sure they are trying to built contacts with the music industry, but taking pictures with celebrities and then post them on social medias is the wrong way to do it. They get more talks about them for those pictures instead for their music and talent. It's pathetic.

14 hours ago, walking_c0ntradicti0n said:

2) If the leaks are panicland then GD may not necessarily have to force them into removing the videos, but I definitely don't get why they wouldn't put out an announcement a la July 2019 saying "hey this music wasn't made by us"

Why would GD need to say the music isn't from the band? If those leaks are not from them, they don't have the need to say it because they have nothing to do with it. This is like you were asking them to confirm that all music made by any other artists wasn't from GD. Also, if GD was going to shut down those leaks, this would point out to 2 possibilities: they have something to hide, even if they didn't, or they don't like other artists who are trying to get known, which could lead to GD being hated and the unknown artist to suddenly getting attention.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, IcyMoffatt said:

Why would GD need to say the music isn't from the band? If those leaks are not from them, they don't have the need to say it because they have nothing to do with it. This is like you were asking them to confirm that all music made by any other artists wasn't from GD. Also, if GD was going to shut down those leaks, this would point out to 2 possibilities: they have something to hide, even if they didn't, or they don't like other artists who are trying to get known, which could lead to GD being hated and the unknown artist to suddenly getting attention.

Except the big difference here is that the leaks are being advertised as Green Day music, they obviously don't have to confirm that they didnt write Island in the Sun because no one is slapping GD's name on it

And - let us not forget - it‘s Billies Voice or someone‘s voice who could replace Billie on all future studio records and no one would ever notice it 😂

I refuse to let this die. Hurl all your insults at me. I just can’t comprehend the fact that they spent all that time in the studio, to release just FOAMF. This album is fun and energetic, which is great for a stadium tour. It makes sense to me that they might postpone one project or finish one and start another specifically for this tour. It takes months/years to organize big tours like Hella Mega Tour, I wonder if when they were contacted they decided to go back to the studio for FOAMF. These are just my thoughts, I could be wrong. 

I’m still dying to see the contents of that SFA Instagram. 

1 hour ago, W_FInkThePlatypusHunter said:

I refuse to let this die. Hurl all your insults at me. I just can’t comprehend the fact that they spent all that time in the studio, to release just FOAMF. This album is fun and energetic, which is great for a stadium tour. It makes sense to me that they might postpone one project or finish one and start another specifically for this tour. It takes months/years to organize big tours like Hella Mega Tour, I wonder if when they were contacted they decided to go back to the studio for FOAMF. These are just my thoughts, I could be wrong. 

I’m still dying to see the contents of that SFA Instagram. 

Yeah, if they don’t make the account public by February when FOAMF comes out, that right there says there’s more to come!!! I mean seriously, 72 posts and all we get is a 10 song album?

2 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Yeah, if they don’t make the account public by February when FOAMF comes out, that right there says there’s more to come!!! I mean seriously, 72 posts and all we get is a 10 song album?

Or it was always meant to be just a private account. 

Just when I thought this thread was going to reach page 2 of Green Day Chat.

Just listened to the clips again after months of ignoring this topic. It really really does sound like Billie's voice during the singing parts. It's got his deeper tone that a lot of replicators can't really nail. I hope we find out more about this.

4 hours ago, DookieLukie said:

Just listened to the clips again after months of ignoring this topic. It really really does sound like Billie's voice during the singing parts. It's got his deeper tone that a lot of replicators can't really nail. I hope we find out more about this.

Look who's become a believer:wub: And I agree. This is 99.99999% Billie. There's just no way it's not him. But we'll probably never know. Sad.

By Butch Walkers latest post and Billies comment, any one think they are hinting at recording another new album which Billie kinda hinted at in one of his interviews? Is this the final stages of Magnum Opus? 🙌

....a guy can dream alright

But seriously what do you guys think or am I just a burnt out, grouchy chump?

59 minutes ago, Im.a.basket.case said:

By Butch Walkers latest post and Billies comment, any one think they are hinting at recording another new album which Billie kinda hinted at in one of his interviews? Is this the final stages of Magnum Opus? 🙌

What was the post?

57 minutes ago, Im.a.basket.case said:

How is this a clue and what did Billie comment? Sorry don't have IG.

1 hour ago, DookieLukie said:

How is this a clue and what did Billie comment? Sorry don't have IG.

Screenshot 2019-10-24 at 11.48.15 AM (2)

Sounds like Butch's voice. If it hasn't been mentioned here, he is a relatively accomplished solo artist. He was also in a hair metal band called "SouthGang" and a power-pop band called "Marvelous 3." Both were one-hit wonders. Freak of The Week is a badass song.

4 hours ago, Im.a.basket.case said:

I saw the video. Those aren’t even Tré’s drums. The song clip that’a playing is Butch himself! And besides, if Magnum Opus is true, they’re already done recording. As @Matt. said, they were in the studio from February to April (Magnum Opus?), then went back in May/June (FOAMF?)

4 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

I saw the video. Those aren’t even Tré’s drums. The song clip that’a playing is Butch himself! And besides, if Magnum Opus is true, they’re already done recording. As @Matt. said, they were in the studio from February to April (Magnum Opus?), then went back in May/June (FOAMF?)

Aiiight, imma head out, greendayfan just slammed me 😐

😂

2 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

Gdfan cooling down the speculation... what have we come to :search:

LOL I’m just saying it’s kinda obvious that it’s Butch’s own project

2 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

Gdfan cooling down the speculation... what have we come to :search:

Freaky Friday came a lil too early

10 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

Matt never said they went back to the studio. He said they added songs in June. Don't need to necessarily go to the studio for that.

8 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

LOL I’m just saying it’s kinda obvious that it’s Butch’s own project

You're right, but I rely on you being excited.for Magnum Opus :lol:

4 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

You're right, but I rely on you being excited.for Magnum Opus :lol:

I’m very excited!!! The leaks sound epic!!! Anyway, I still wanna know what they filmed at the Madonna Inn

• Hermione changed the title to Magnum Opus Of The Inglorious Kind - confirmed NOT to be Green Day
  • Hermione locked this topic

Archived