Magnum Opus Of The Inglorious Kind - confirmed NOT to be Green Day

ColinOr

I think it’s kind of disrespectful to start this topic tbh, “we’re not happy with what you’re giving us therefore we’ll speculate about the album straight after this”. 

Feels like we’re being really shitty fans. Sorry to be a twat like but yeah 

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Also, the SongsForAssholes IG has 70 posts and we’re only getting a 10 song album? That right there tells us there’s more to come!

Only if you assume 1 post = 1 album track lol

"Nothing says fuck you like a unicorn" I mean - seriously?? Father of all motherfuckers, Songs for assholes... it all falls into place now.

2 minutes ago, Platypus2000 said:

I think it’s kind of disrespectful to start this topic tbh, “we’re not happy with what you’re giving us therefore we’ll speculate about the album straight after this”. 

It was Billie himself who said in that interview that they will probably release more music soon... not us.

that's – e.g. for me – not the case. I really like the song and I'm definitely looking for the whole record. But I still have this feeling there's more.

Can we also talk about the fact that the Magnum Opus leaks can be valid again? Like if that record has nothing to do with Warner they have no incentive to take it down for copy right stuff 

Considering how many times we were told by the band we will get something in the near future and it never actually happenned (like a certain music video during RevRad), I don't expect a second new album in 2020. I will take what Billie said with a grain of salt.

Another theory is when Billie mentioned that FOAM is "Not political". Perhaps MOOTIK is political enough that Warner either asked them to censor it or they flat out wouldn't release it. Which led the way for FOAM. 

I don't have a problem with people theorising. But I would say that people need to really lower their expectations.

This could just be the only album they are putting out. For me personally,  that's fine cos I really like FOAMF, I think it's a banger. But, I wouldn't pin your hopes on there being anything more than this. Just be thankful your favourite band is back in town and are putting out any new music at all. A lot of bands at this point hang up their boots. Green Day are still rocking on, and good for them I say.

Just now, perfectpitchrob said:

Another theory is when Billie mentioned that FOAM is "Not political". Perhaps MOOTIK is political enough that Warner either asked them to censor it or they flat out wouldn't release it. Which led the way for FOAM. 

Good point. I don't understand why this is such an outlandish theory to some people

2 minutes ago, James! said:

I can’t see this happening myself, not after the last flop of UNO DOS and Tre? 

The Trilogy probably would’ve been a lot more popular if Billie hadn’t gone into rehab. He would’ve been around to properly promote it.

5 minutes ago, James! said:

I can’t see this happening myself, not after the last flop of UNO DOS and Tre? 

I don’t know if there’s anything real about this theory, but with them going independent I think we should get used to move away from the “flop fear” perspective of things. 

Like @1039SweetChildren said, February is the worst date to put out an album in term of sale.
New Weezer album out on May 2020.
New FOB album out on November 2019 (Before Christmas)

Why. Why. Why.

I have so many mixed feelings right now. I wake up, check Instagram, see this massive post by Billie and a weird ass album cover, unicorns, and of course I pre-ordered because I want access to pre-sale tickets, but damn! That run-on sentence is how my mind feels right now. 🤯

Dr.robertdoback = Billie. I just.... feel it. Don’t know. God this was all too much today. By the way I love the title of this thread. Epic af. 

The song is not my favorite but is catchy, funny, good, no doubts. Lyrics are pretty good, too. I don't love it, it's something Green Day have already done, via FHT and some trilogy tracks, but it's not bad. But... I just don't know what's happening and I have a pretty strang feeling about it. Single in september, album on february. Then solo tour. But also with FOB and Weezer. Then another album? Warner? Even this interview sounds pretty strange. I don't know...

33 minutes ago, punkrockerjaymz said:

8:04

Billie Joe said they'll put out another album next year

cha cha chaaaaa

that say everything

the silence icon, and the dwight image doing shhh

is deliberated about this

Billie, from Kerrang! article:

'He continues: “It’s exciting, you know? But I mean I really kind of look forward to maybe actually putting out more music. I think just we finished our record contract… we’re free agents. So we’re just going to end up putting out more stuff. We’ll probably put out more stuff before the tour actually. And then I think not tour as long, but effective touring.”'

Oh and one more thing: It makes sense now that @BillnTed, who we think is Billie or someone very close to the band, said that we will only get information first and music later. I think he was hinting at the fact that we will get „the real music“ later. Maybe I’m paranoid or psychotic or both.... but I’m either starting to understand or losing the bit that’s left of my mind. 

I feel like the fact that Billie's already talking about another album right after this one does make me think they have little faith in this album. It's like they're just shitting out this album with a shitty album cover. It's as if they don't want us to give a shit about the album. 

• Hermione changed the title to Magnum Opus Of The Inglorious Kind - confirmed NOT to be Green Day
  • Hermione locked this topic

Archived