Magnum Opus Of The Inglorious Kind - confirmed NOT to be Green Day

ColinOr

Edit: This whole thing is now confirmed to be a hoax, actually music made by a band called Panicland

Apparently Father Of All Motherfuckers album is 26 minutes long and their last with Warner records.

The album artwork looks like they're trolling.

Billie Joe said they'll release another new album next year.

There are existing copies of Magnum Opus Of The Inglorious Kind vinyl sleeves floating about, possibly leaked by the band themselves.

Theory:

We'll get Father Of All Motherfuckers on February 7th and we'll get Magnum Opus Of The Inglorious Kind also in February 2020 released on Jingle Town Records.

7:38 Father Of All Motherfuckers album is 26 minutes long

8:04 Billie Joe said they'll put out another album next year

8:10 It's their last with Warner records

Also, read Billie Joe's description of the album:

"this record is The New! soul, Motown, glam and manic anthemic. Punks, freaks and punishers! The Dirty messy . The Stink. , The lyrics are like a party and lifestyle of not giving a fuck. The life AND death of the party. Not political. Surviving in chaos. The real shit. Me mike and Tre of the Green Day cut through the bullshit. That’s how it’s always been for us. Everything else is fake. Frauds I tell ya!! Rock has lost its balls. We’re gonna teabag all these mother fuckers. The baddest rock band on the planet that gives a shit. “Glorious” or “glorious anarchy” seems to be the word that keeps coming up that reflects Dancing Tribalism Anxiety Joy Violence Drugs Booze Dangerous songs for dangerous kids! Our motto?? “Nothing says fuck you like a unicorn” Love And kisses Billie"

"Everything else is fake. Frauds I tell ya!!" it's this quote in particular that sounds like he's being ironic, but the whole description is too tongue in cheek to convince me that this album isn't a ploy to piss off their record label on their way out.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really really hope that's true and I kind of think it is. This whole thing just doesn't seem real... this is so off. Even for Green Day.

Right now I am very much on board with this theory. If this whole thing isn't parody, I'm kinda worried about them. Really. 

I feel like Songs for Assholes was 100% in reference to this project being strictly for Warner. New sound that fans will have mixed feelings with, album name and artwork that's hard to sell, literally defacing  American Idiot on their way out the door, etc. etc. 

So, just clarify OP, when you say there are vinyl copies of MOOTIK floating around, where exactly did you get this info? Is this just pure speculation? Or did the band say this themselves, or what?

of course we can only speculate, but there's definitely something hiding in the shadows. Best case is written above, worst case is Billie is fully back on drugs and went complete bananas (100% sure that's not the case)

Thank you all for giving me back a little hope. I've had no expectations for this album but I'm still devastated by how fucking bad it is. It HAS to be a joke... so I'm clinging to this theory now. Looking at the cover, listening to that atrocity, it just can't be taken seriously.

Either this is just elaborate trolling or Billie is on crack for real.

Let's look at an album criteria to be called ''an album''

An album is a release with six tracks or more, or longer than 25 minutes (FOAM is 26min long). A single is five songs or less, so long as its not more than 25 minutes in length.

So Green Day used the exact minimum lenght for FOAM to be ''an album''. And you think they'll use such an iconic album in their discography to put some sharpie design on it and be the shortest album of their carrer? 

It's a troll and they're fucking with us.

I do believe they were behind the fake leaks and the drrobert account and it was all a joke. It’s not like them to burn their bridges though, they previously said they had a lot of support and a good experience at Warner so I don’t think they would leave on bad terms. That said, they are leaving and don’t give a fuck. The short runtime of the album tells you they are doing the bare minimum under their contract and then peace out.

While I’m disappointed the album is taking so long and will be so short, I hope the spec is true and the other album is real and will follow soon after 🤞

2 minutes ago, Brutalitops said:

Or Magnum Opus was a poorly edited fake all along yeah that's it

it has a lot in common with the "real" album then

These guys love to troll. And Billie typically doesn’t like to talk about what music is happening next when he just slaved away on an album. For him to casually talk about them maybe releasing another album next year is NOT normal for him. They’re up to something, I am certain. I don’t think they hate FOAM or anything, but I don’t think it’s their only 2020 release. I just don’t believe it.

Watch this:

7:38

Father Of All Motherfuckers album is 26 minutes long

8:04

Billie Joe said they'll put out another album next year

8:10

It's their last with Warner records

1 minute ago, stories and songs said:

These guys love to troll. And Billie typically doesn’t like to talk about what music is happening next when he just slaved away on an album. For him to casually talk about them maybe releasing another album next year is NOT normal for him. They’re up to something, I am certain. I don’t think they hate FOAM or anything, but I don’t think it’s their only 2020 release. I just don’t believe it.

I’m thinking this could be a new Trilogy (done right), especially with sober Billie

If you believe this is a possible theory, then you really don't understand how much work, time, money, effort goes into making an album. They didn't spend time writing, practicing and recording songs AND headlining a massive stadium tour just to "troll" their record company. 

This theory is too good to be true imo, but this troll album is hilarious even on its own and I'm 100% on board with this.

I made inane jokes about The Bad Album but I'd never guess Green Day would go through with this and release a 26 minute album with an unicorn puking rainbows on an American Idiot cover. That's fucking amazing. On millionth level of irony and beyond. 

2 minutes ago, joebot33 said:

If you believe this is a possible theory, then you really don't understand how much work, time, money, effort goes into making an album. They didn't spend time writing, practicing and recording songs AND headlining a massive stadium tour just to "troll" their record company. 

It's still a serious album. They wanted to release one to finish the contract. Just the notes about it we're getting could be trolling and the cover. Maybe Opus was all but done and the label nixed it. So that few months we thought they were writing additional material was actually this short album

What if Green Day came back to the studio a couple of month ago to record the FOAM album?

• Hermione changed the title to Magnum Opus Of The Inglorious Kind - confirmed NOT to be Green Day
  • Hermione locked this topic

Archived