Father Of All... (Song)

Hermione

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, so it seems pretty damn polarizing, considering the reactions in the other thread.  I think calling it "pop" is a bit silly, since it sounds like really straight forward garage rock to me.  I don't think it's their best song ever, but it's fun and energetic.

As I said before: It's like picking up the thrash after American Idiot riot and throwing a thrash party.

I think it is just to terminate the contract with Papa Warner.

It's not bad. But it seems off.

Just listened to it once and it doesn't sound like Billie lmao. Maybe it will with repeated listens. It's crazily different to anything they've done, wow

Looking at the chorus, it seems to me like they are really pissed off by Warner:

"Huh uh Come on honey/huh uh count your money/huh uh what’s so funny? there’s a riot living inside of us"

"Huh uh come on honey lying in a bed of blood and money Huh uh what’s so funny? We are rivals in the riot inside us"

Mabye Warner wanted too much influence on the production idk.

I love it, love the energy, love the drums and the scream/shouts, like Billie backing Billie but not all the filters, the man has a great voice but there are times I could believe it’s not him.  Sounds a little like some dirtier production from the Trilogy which I think would have been awesome.

Just now, SPyle68 said:

It’s a grower not a show’er

Bang bang was a grower, forever now was a grower, brutal love was a grower, and this sound like makeout party plus fuck time. The song is catchy and alright-ish but considering that this is a single, im scared to find out how the album sounds like. I wanted epic Rock Opera from the fake leaks

I don't understand why anyone would call this pop??? 

It reminds me of something from iDos, but I really like it. A fast, rock n roll tune with a killer chorus, it will be ace live

I really like it. I guess it's because I had no idea of what to expect and there was no way anyone was expecting anything like it.  Can't wait for more

Can't say I'm a massive fan.  The vocal is... weird.  Not what comes to mind when I think of Green Day.  But oh well, there's a whole album to come yet.  Besides, maybe this one will end up growing on me.

I love the song, more and more. It's rock n roll, it's catchy, it's fun, in the music, the singing, the lyrics. It's Green Day and it's fresh, and I love this. 
I understand if some fan doesn't like it, but not call this pop in a negative way, if it's pop to me it's the best kind of pop that can grow from punk rock.
I think Butch Walker's hand of this is on point. I would have loved an epic sounding vibe, but this really feels authentic to me, I think it's what the guys want to play and I'm very happy with it.  

I look forward to seeing this live ❤️ 

Is it because he's singing in a certain way? Or just very very processed? His voice is literally unrecognisable. 

Just now, JOE THE X-KID said:

Queens of the stone age day

Lol this!

Last time we did this I was super let down after Bang Bang built up my expectations.

Hopefully the opposite will happen this time.

Okay I might as well post my thoughts since I've been lurking, following all the threads like a silent stalker and not participating but getting sucked into all the rumours .

It's not what I was expecting , or anyone was expecting by the looks

I've listened to it five times now. It's growing on me. It is definitely a foot tapper. Billie's vocals take some getting used to as he sounds like Jack White

Funnily enough the rambling statement from Billie re the album on the website reminds a bit of the random stuff Jack White used to put in the White Stripes album sleeves.

I can hear foxboro and influences of Longshot maybe unsurprisingly. 

It's different from Revrad which is good, why do people want more of the same or another rock opera - it's been done

I'm a little worried that Billie's gonna struggle with those vocals live.

A part of me also thinks they just wanted to put out a fun fast easy record as their final one with Warner and what they do next might be more interesting.

I'll still buy it, I'm Def gonna try and tickets for the show. I've listened to Greenday for twenty years and will keep listening 

I really like it! My worst fear was Green Day playing safe after RevRad and I'm FUCKING GLAD that this is what it is. Waiting for a live performance to taste it better

I am genuinely surprised at the overwhelming negative response this song is getting. I was a fan through the Trilogy, I can sure as hell survive whatever Motherfuckers has in store for me as a Green Day fan.

Archived