Father Of All... (Song)

Hermione

1 minute ago, Atomic said:

the song itself is not what disappointed me, i think im more disappointed that the album is 26 minutes, and the tour with weezer and fob, I hope they add more solo shows...

you think its gonna be like 3hrs show at maximum with each band have one hour time at stage? 

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Atomic said:

the song itself is not what disappointed me, i think im more disappointed that the album is 26 minutes, and the tour with weezer and fob, I hope they add more solo shows...

They’ll definitely add more solo shows. Remember that the RevRad tour only started out with a set amount of shows, but added more.

I like Weezer's single best of the three that dropped for Hella Mega. I love old school FOB but what the actual fuck is that? If you guys need some perspective for FOAM...

Apparently Father Of All Motherfuckers album is 26 minutes long and their last with Warner records.

The album artwork looks like they're trolling.

Billie Joe said they'll release new music before the tour now the contract is up.

There are existing copies of Magnum Opus Of The Inglorious Kind vinyl sleeves floating about, possibly leaked by the band themselves.

Theory:

We'll get Father Of All Motherfuckers on February 7th and we'll get Magnum Opus Of The Inglorious Kind also in February 2020 released on Jingle Town Records.

well every time GD is about to release an album, they are doing it properly. This time is different. Announcing tour plus new song is weird at least 

Just now, Asik said:

Billie Joe hasnt posted anything about the song. 0 promotion. I guess its part of a plan

He posted a long message via Green Day channels, he wants to push that. 

1 minute ago, Asik said:

Billie Joe hasnt posted anything about the song. 0 promotion. I guess its part of a plan

He's been using the GD account. It's clearly his writing on some of these posts.

He's also been doing interviews for the tour (currently on Zane Lowe Beats 1)

40 minutes ago, Hermione said:

I really like the song itself but it just bothers me that it doesn't sound like Billie at all lol, if someone played me it without telling me it was Green Day I wouldn't know. I hope it's just because of the falsetto and they haven't erased the character of his voice from every song.

I think that's what bothers me too...it doesn't sound like Green Day.  In the interview they asked him if this song was representative of the whole album and he said definitely.  Wonder what that means?  

2 minutes ago, J a c said:

He posted a long message via Green Day channels, he wants to push that. 

Yeah, did he write that post via voice recognition, too? It reads so bizarrely, and even worse when it's not stylised as all caps. Such as on Green Day's twitter.

2 minutes ago, DadBod said:

He's been using the GD account. It's clearly his writing on some of these posts.

He's also been doing interviews for the tour (currently on Zane Lowe Beats 1)

Yeah ive read the post under gd account. Party, drugs, booze? You cant be serious. The guy  who is a family person, who has Kids, who almost died from consuming alcohol and drugs is promoting them now? If Bj was proud of his work He would have shared a post via his own Instagram. Either its a big fuck you to the warner, or Billie has totally lost his mind. 

1 minute ago, Asik said:

Yeah ive read the post under gd account. Party, drugs, booze? You cant be serious. The guy  who is a family person, who has Kids, who almost died from consuming alcohol and drugs is promoting them now? If Bj was proud of his work He would have shared a post via his own Instagram. Either its a big fuck you to the warner, or Billie has totally lost his mind. 

Yes. His message really scares me. I don't even know what I'm feeling right now, I need to process. But I'm worried.

I like it way wayyy more than I'd expected. It has lots of energy and no silly lovey dovey stuff. It's also catchy on the right places. It's pretty rare that I like first singles, so this is promising to me and I'm really looking forward to the rest.

2 minutes ago, Göta said:

I like it way wayyy more that I'd expected. It has lots of energy and no silly lovey dovey stuff. It's also catchy on the right places. It's pretty rare that I like first singles, so this is promising to me and I'm really looking forward to the rest.

Why is lovey dovey silly? I love the single but just saying

First listen: I really like the instrumentals. Vocals are something to get used to, but after a couple of listens it should be alright, hopefully?

I don't mind the song. It's definitely not gonna be a new favourite though. I don't know, it just doesn't really sound like Green Day to me.

Definitely getting the Dos and Foxboro vibes. I don't love the song but I certainly don't hate it either. It's energetic, fun rock n' roll. I probably won't listen to it a lot but I'm convinced it'll be an absolute blast live. The worst part of it is the vocal filters, as always. I don't know why they keep abusing that shit! In this song I guess I can kinda see the point of them but it's still way overdone. The mixing is shit but it's Green Day so it's what I expect lol. There's a reason I prefer to listen to them live instead of the studio albums.. 

Not the best Green Day can do in my opinion but absolutely not terrible. It'll probably grow on me a lot, it's already stuck in my head after a few listens and makes me want to dance! 

I finally heard the song. I don't know, musically is a Foxboro Hottubs tune. Vocally is pretty strange, it doesn't sound like Green Day. I'll give it more listens, but I won't say I'm in love with it.

You know when Bang Bang was released, a lot of us were under the impression that RR was gonna be a heavier album. It wasn't

I'm wondering if this is the kind of "odd one out" in a similar way to Bang Bang and the rest of the album is just gonna sound like the GD we've had for years

I think weezer put out the best song today. They sound like a 3-piece rock band to me. I wish green day would have never discovered the vocal filters they've used this decade. 

21 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

You know when Bang Bang was released, a lot of us were under the impression that RR was gonna be a heavier album. It wasn't

I'm wondering if this is the kind of "odd one out" in a similar way to Bang Bang and the rest of the album is just gonna sound like the GD we've had for years

Fall out boy did this with their last album too with young and menace

Archived