Father Of All... (Song)

Hermione

I really like the song itself but it just bothers me that it doesn't sound like Billie at all lol, if someone played me it without telling me it was Green Day I wouldn't know. I hope it's just because of the falsetto and they haven't erased the character of his voice from every song.

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love my boys and I will always love them. But this song just broke my heart. Can't even believe it's Billie. Is that Panicland?

Honestly it's growing on me... I feel like it reminds of the White Stripes now like what someone else said. But I still don't feel like it's the best they could do!

I don‘t mind it, but I don‘t get it, if this is at all serious. 

Why the vocal filter?

Why trash one of, if not their greatest album ever on the cover?

Why make it a pathetic 28 minutes long?

And why do all of this assuming fans are gonna like it?

The vocal production bugs me a lot. It’s hard to make out what he’s singing. I imagine I’ll like it more once I learn the lyrics but definitely not nearly as instant as any of their first singles. Kind of concerned that this is what they thought should lead the album cycle. 

Considering he can't hit the falsetto in 21 Guns I have no idea how they're gonna play this live.

sounds good, hot tubs like. as long as we get songs without the filter it's fine. gonna preorder this thing right now. 😊

10 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Is it because he's singing in a certain way? Or just very very processed? His voice is literally unrecognisable. 

To me, it sounds like they put a filter over his voice to try and give it a more distorted and "raw" sound.

Just now, Libertine Angel said:

Considering he can't hit the falsetto in 21 Guns I have no idea how they're gonna play this live.

The answer here is simple.
Bring a helium balloon on stage and breathe it in before playing the song.

My partner said it sounds like that “rebel just for kicks” song and now that’s all I can hear. Good for them for doing what they want (hopefully?) but I’m not a fan of this song. It actually made me cringe. Maybe in a year I will feel differently, and hopefully the album has some better tracks and better mixing/mastering. 

Are we going to ignore the fact that the guitar and drums in the verse are ripped from Jimi Hendrix "Fire"? But with more... attention deficit disorder?

Re the comparisons to the Trilogy , I admit when those albums first came out I wasn't that fussed , they didn't really grab me but I think I've listened to those albums more than any other in last few years and I love them now. Maybe for a lot of people this will be the same . Something to love retrospectively. American Idiot is one of the greatest albums of all time but it means that every thing since will always be compared to that which means the band will never be able to meet expectations.idk maybe that's what the album cover is all about, like fuck the hype we just want to have fun, make catchy foot tapping music - scrawling and puking all over American Idiots legacy and how it's become a pillar they are always measured against 

6 minutes ago, SqueekBatHalloweenBlaster said:

Are we going to ignore the fact that the guitar and drums in the verse are ripped from Jimi Hendrix "Fire"? But with more... attention deficit disorder?

There’s a saying if you’re going to steal then steal from the best 

Maybe Green Day had enough with politics and just wanted to go nuts, and you know what? I don’t mind. This song isn’t exactly what I was expecting, but it kinda dug it after a few listens. I’m still excited to see what’ll come.

Question - is the artwork for the single or the whole album (please God no....)

Sorry trying to catch up on this while still at work.

Love the guitars, love the chorus, may like the vocals on the verses if it were, say, a Portugal. The Man song. Definitely not sure how he'll pull it off live unless he straight up lowers the key or has something onstage to do the effect. Move over, Peter Frampton 😀

Just now, emenius said:

Question - is the artwork for the single or the whole album (please God no....)

Sorry trying to catch up on this while still at work.

Pretty sure the album :(

Love the song but the album artwork is pure trash. I hate when bands use old artwork on something new, i want it to be its own body of work seperate from previous stuff

Dont love it, Dont hate.

facts are the song is catchy. Like the guitar, bass. As a drummer, I've never been a huge fan of the "big fat snare" sound as a main snare, but I can live with it. 

Vocals sound weird as fuck.

I bet it would sound awesome live. Don't know how Billie is going to pull off the falsettos though. 

the song itself is not what disappointed me, i think im more disappointed that the album is 26 minutes, and the tour with weezer and fob, I hope they add more solo shows...

Archived