Father of All Motherfuckers album - News and Media Coverage

Sanity Loan

1 hour ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

Based off the other song titles I'll predict a few:

- Summertime Lovin (Lovin in the summer time)

19 minutes ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

It's summertime loving
It's loving in the summertime
It's summertime loving
Oh baby, why can't you be mine?

Not gonna lie, my mind read these as “Summer Lovin’” from Grease... 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, DookieLukie said:

Sounds like a Fall Out Boy song title.

Thank god they scrapped it. I thought the whole look at us the song title is really long WOW phase was over in the mid-2000s. 

11 hours ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

It's summertime loving
It's loving in the summertime
It's summertime loving
Oh baby, why can't you be mine?

Regular Show FTW!!!!!!!!

• Love 1

5 hours ago, kaylubd said:

Regular Show FTW!!!!!!!!

God I miss that show 

Back on topic, do we think that the voice filters are a one off type of thing or are going to be in multiple/most songs? I like FOAM but the voice filter does take away from it tbh. It really makes it hard to understand him for one, and it's just off putting for two. I don't mind him singing falsetto at all, variety is the spice of life and he sounds good doing it live but fuck the voice filters.

1 hour ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

God I miss that show 

Back on topic, do we think that the voice filters are a one off type of thing or are going to be in multiple/most songs? I like FOAM but the voice filter does take away from it tbh. It really makes it hard to understand him for one, and it's just off putting for two. I don't mind him singing falsetto at all, variety is the spice of life and he sounds good doing it live but fuck the voice filters.

He’s been using the filter since AI 

On 9/16/2019 at 9:07 AM, jengd said:

I don't get all the worry and discussion about Billie's comments posted under the FOAM on YouTube, did none of you ever read liner notes on an album cover?  R&R in particular has always had nuts liner notes, I don't think people should worry about it or over-analyse it.

Ahaha I just assumed that this time around they're simply doing the oppoiste of what's expected of them in general, no matter the reason. The letter is hilarious. It's so horribly written, and they must've known that and made the ultimate decision with their management to choose it over a boring properly written one that the label would love. 

On 9/16/2019 at 1:15 AM, DadBod said:

Ok... my phone needs to stop creeping on me. This just came across my ads on Instagram 👀🧐

c23f91c65ea77a807d3ce1ff974ca0897235a00b

I guess I really do need to “unicorn up” now.

Ahaha I live in Canada, and got an Instagram ad for unicorn poutine, and I was disgusted...it looked so gross lol the gravy was unnatural neon rainbow colours all over the fries

The more I look at the unicorn and other related drawings, the more I don't like it.

I like the serious side of Green Day, which was obviously presented during AI and 21st era. This is partly why GD stands out from the rest of pop-punk bands - they raise important and serious themes, they generally don't play crude punk rock nor sugary pop-rock, but they're able to perfectly bind those two.

And I think that foamf era is going to be their goofiest period. They want to make it funny, the whole unicorn thing, but I personally don't entirely get it. It looks kind of cheap and I've got the feeling that all of those childish and colorful images come from a shitty pop-rock band. Green Day has never been so immature. The shit-talking about long songs, foamf as the best single ever (here we go again) and claiming to be the most dangerous band and so on. Maybe they make fan of everyting and everyone and really don't care what they're saying and in fact Billie loves long songs :D He gave a hint about fucking with us

If he's honest, it's not good

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, kaylubd said:

...They have an album called Dookie. They're plenty immature :lol:

People keep saying this and while I get the point I never got the 'that's so immature' feeling from it. It's just such a good sounding word. Nice to say. Dookie. Dookie. Dookie. 
I discovered Green Day when I was a wee lass of 12 years old and it took years before I found out what it meant lol. Father of All Motherfuckers is a title I find immature though. It makes me cringe and I much prefer just Father of All as a title. 

21 minutes ago, Nightlife said:

Father of All Motherfuckers is a title I find immature though. It makes me cringe and I much prefer just Father of All as a title. 

My thoughts exactly. When I first read about the new album I was like no way I'm telling people about their new album, title is embarrassing. 🤣 So it is Father of All from now on. 

• Like 1

Dookie is straightforward and full of youthful energy and the immaturity was, I would say genuine. Now they're almost 50

A dog throwing shit is much better than a childish unicorn

• Like 1

I don't really think throwing shit is better than a unicorn, but to each their own! I'm not gonna say the FOAM title isn't a bit cringe. I just see it as random and don't really think about it. It won't affect my enjoying the album (as long as the album is good :P )

• Like 3

Idk what the fuck I wanna do about singles? Usually i just listen to the first 2 singles off an album so that when the album comes out I won't already know half of it. GD's usually the exception but if i do listen to them all i'll maybe get 10 minutes of new content when the album does come out, but if i dont then it'll bug me new GD music's out and im not hearing it and ughhhhhhh

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Meh, people complain when they’re serious, they complain when they’re silly.  Can’t please everyone.  

I didn't mean to complain, just expressing my thoughts about the title. As long as the music is good I don't really care about what the title says. 😛

4 minutes ago, heart on a noose said:

I didn't mean to complain, just expressing my thoughts about the title. As long as the music is good I don't really care about what the title says. 😛

I wasn’t replying to your post 😉

• Haha 1

yeah no way that everyone will be pleased, but that's the point to discuss every aspect from a personal point of view. If the songs are going to be great, the rest really doesn't matter for me XD

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Can’t please everyone.  

Story of my life at my job with the number of departments I deal with for year-end reports.

Idk if this has been discussed in this thread because I frankly can't be arsed to read 92 pages of everyone freaking out over how god-awful this thing is, but I heard that Green Day wanted to get off of their current label and go somewhere else (??? idk where?? but not stay with whoever they're with now??) so they made this shitty album on purpose and they're going to release an actual, good album next year. 

Just repeating what I heard on the local rock station this morning, again, idk if it's been covered here. But yeah. This album sucks. Artwork is horrible, I made it through like one minute of the stupid song, I was not impressed. ok bye. 

1 minute ago, Brooklyn Baby said:

, I made it through like one minute 

You were so close to the finish & lets hope we don't hear the "one minute"  phrase this weekend😋

Im holding off username change just in case... @Beerjeezus 😡

• BeachBum changed the title to Father of All Motherfuckers album - News and Media Coverage
  • BeachBum locked and unlocked this topic
  • BeachBum locked and unlocked this topic