Father of All Motherfuckers album - News and Media Coverage

Sanity Loan

9 minutes ago, Hermione said:

I agree with @Eric that it's one of their best album covers, for this reason. I like lots of the others for various different reasons but they haven't done something ironic like that with a cover before. It's surprising and interesting and an extremely bold move. 

I think it refers to their desire to change when you see in that way. 

• Like 2

I just donated what  I would've paid for FOAMF to GDC

This'll be the first physical album I've not bought of GDs 😂

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Beyza said:

Thank you so much! For everbody who is interested: they talk about the production of FOAM from 4h16m to 4h49m and also introduce the mixing and mastering engineers. Appearantly Butch did not have that much influence on the style of the record as we thought. Btw really interesting that Butch played and added some instruments on his own as well (like this small guitar „solo“ during the chorus of FOAM)

3 hours ago, HAPPY ROOTING UNICORN said:

That was so fucking interesting! I had no idea Tchad Blake was the mixer for this record, and so many insights on how the production and recording process worked. So, so cool. And that isolated bass track made me high. Love it. 

I’m looking at this as an outsider to the music industry, but from what Butch explained about the overall process and how the collaboration between each of the production components worked, I really respect and appreciate his method of work and philosophy. It sounds like it has been a genuine and fun process, and it confirms how the artistic direction was chosen and chased by the band. 
I am even more hyped for the record now :D 

The interview with Butch starts at 4:09:50. 

Yeah I respect everything butch did now. I respected him before but not certain aspects that I thought were him. I love the way his mix sounded though. It was really interesting to hear the semi mixed sounds compared to the final. 

• Like 2

The Namm video is awesome! Fabrice Dupont (The interviewer) is a pure genius. Love the concepts and ideas they expressed. We're talking about a top level here. It's very well explained that "that sound" is not obtained by mistake but obviously a precise artist request. It's a bit technical on some parts maybe some people won't understand but for us of the field it's awesome.  

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Beyza said:

Pre-mixed sample of FOA (with less clapping) sounds really good like the one in live performances 

Not sure if the amount clapping between pre and post mix is among the things they mentioned. Anyway I think you can really appreciate the value of the mixing and mastering process when you compare this  to the final version. This does sound good, but the final product it’s of course at the next level. 

• Love 1

28 minutes ago, HAPPY ROOTING UNICORN said:

Not sure if the amount clapping between pre and post mix is among the things they mentioned. Anyway I think you can really appreciate the value of the mixing and mastering process when you compare this  to the final version. This does sound good, but the final product it’s of course at the next level. 

I mean the sound of clapping not that extreme. Of course it’s just the raw version to understand fundamentals of the song. It’s definitely my favorite out of the three btw. Although I love the album version, live version gives me pleasure more. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, grinsoniko said:

Like with the songs, the album cover was not easy to understand at first for me, seemed odd they’d use the AI cover and fuck with it like they did. But little by little it starts making sense too, like someone mentioned before, it shows that they want us to know that this wont sound or be like what we are expecting, and thats exactly what males it punk rock as fuck! I think people are just setting themselves up for disappointment and disrespectful believing this is a troll album just cause they cant accept this new sound or not like it. I just find it veeeery unlikely for a band like GD to take such a childish route and say oh here fuck you Warner, and then put out that epic AI record some people are expecting when they are independent. What if they stay with Warner after all? Lol 

I agree 100% and, on top of this, if someone thinks Tchad Blake would get involved in a troll album, well I don’t know what to say 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I gave the interview it’s own thread so it doesn’t get buried. It’s so good it needs to be highlighted. @Hermione do you think you should move some of the discussion here over to that one? Thanks in advance

• Like 4

22 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

I agree but I wouldn't say FOAM is a big improvement in the lyrics department. All three songs are solid, there are no bmx-cellent tits moments, but maybe with an exception of some lines in OY, they're Billie's standard writing. What's good is that they're all consistent, but I wouldn't say they stand out. 

I haven't seen this written out, so I almost spit out my coffee when I saw it :lol: I like Troublemaker, but yeah....the lyrics are pretty bad.

22 hours ago, That Dude said:

I hope we get some new fans.  Ones that ONLY like this record and think all the others are trash.

Please no. Then we'll have another Blink situation on our hands...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Beyza said:

Pre-mixed sample of FOA (with less clapping) sounds really good like the one in live performances 

it sounds so much better here wtf

Why you gotta fuck things up butch

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, walking_c0ntradicti0n said:

it sounds so much better here wtf

Why you gotta fuck things up butch

He said in the interview the instruments on the demo already sounded really great so didn’t want to touch it too much but of course he added some sounds and it ended up in way the band wanted. 

1 minute ago, Beyza said:

He said in the interview the instruments on the demo already sounded really great so didn’t want to touch it too much but of course he added some sounds and it ended up in way the band wanted. 

Demolicious part II electric boogaloo :(

54 minutes ago, kaylubd said:

I haven't seen this written out, so I almost spit out my coffee when I saw it :lol: I like Troublemaker, but yeah....the lyrics are pretty bad.

Please no. Then we'll have another Blink situation on our hands...

There are people that like that new Blink record?

Ew.

Just now, That Dude said:

There are people that like that new Blink record?

Ew.

There are people who have said "Wow, California is Blink's best record." They've even said it with Nine, which that record is not bad. That's their opinion and it's fine. It's cool that they liked the new stuff whereas I couldn't. But it sends shockwaves through me as someone who loves Untitled. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I gave the interview it’s own thread so it doesn’t get buried. It’s so good it needs to be highlighted. @Hermione do you think you should move some of the discussion here over to that one? Thanks in advance

New thread for a new interview is always best, thanks for making it! 

Don't have time to go through and move posts so can you guys just go here to discuss the interview please:

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, kaylubd said:

There are people who have said "Wow, California is Blink's best record." They've even said it with Nine, which that record is not bad. That's their opinion and it's fine. It's cool that they liked the new stuff whereas I couldn't. But it sends shockwaves through me as someone who loves Untitled. 

As a non-Blink fan who only likes maybe 5 of their songs, I didn't think California was as horrendous as the st. anger situation that a lot of people seem to be making it out to be :P Bored to Death is a pretty good song imo

personally what with the way the modern music industry perpetuates popularity and the illusion of genre (because more artists are starting to cross genres, but many people don't realize that because of labeling), I don't think there are going to be very many people who only like FOAM and none of the other albums. I think it's gonna be a good album in all, but the average mainstream music listener would likely still mentally write GD off as an alternative edgy band haha And sorry to be that person, but, that's perfectly fine with me! 

Glad to see that some people begin to change their mind : Butch has done a good job with Green Day, FOAM isn’t gonna to be bad, the three songs are awesome

this album will be in the top 3/4 of many’s of us 

• BeachBum changed the title to Father of All Motherfuckers album - News and Media Coverage
  • BeachBum locked and unlocked this topic