Hella Mega Tour with Weezer, Fall Out Boy

Sanity Loan

8 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

I feel like I'm the only one excited about this tour if it's true. It's perfect. I'll be sure to have tickets

Same! I saw Fall Out Boy last year and they were awesome live. Haven't seen Weezer yet though.

• Like 1

I like Weezer and don't mind FOB. Main problem for me is that won't be Green Day tour and others as supports but all of them will be equal. (probably). Anyway I am form Poland so I should not worry because they will not visit us anyway. Heh

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I don’t think this tell us anything about the possible leak. Yes its a heavier rock sound, but it also sort of sounds like fallout boy, just like say goodbye from rev rad

One thing I do like about this is if it’s true, it shows green day are still open to new ideas and new experiences, which I like. I can imagine the same routine of album tour album tour album tour can get a bit predictable after a while

That said I also can’t see them settling for super short sets or to not be ‘headline’ either so 😂 I guess we’ll have to see how it plans out!

• Like 4

I don't care for fallout boy at all, but weezer is one of those bands that I've been meaning to go see for a while now. Weezer is one of my best friend's favorite bands, so this would be really cool for both of us to go to! And I'm sure green day will do some touring before this, they'll probably do a run of shows as the album comes out, so I'm sure we'll have a chance to see some regular green day sets before this happens 🙂

• Like 1

I wrote this in the anticipation thread, but I think is more appropriate here now that this thread has been created.

For those who are wondering how much time GD would have on the stage if Weezer and FOB played before them, here's what happened at the Emirates stadium gig with All Time Low and the Kaiser Chiefs:

All Time Low: 10 songs

Kaiser Chiefs: 12 songs

GD: 30 songs

I'm neither for or against a tour with Weezer and FOB, but if it happens I'd imagine Weezer would play about 10 songs, FOB 12-15, and GD about 25-28. So about 30 minutes for Weezer, 45 minutes-1 hour for FOB, and the rest for GD. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, RedundantIdiot said:

I wrote this in the anticipation thread, but I think is more appropriate here now that this thread has been created.

For those who are wondering how much time GD would have on the stage if Weezer and FOB played before them, here's what happened at the Emirates stadium gig with All Time Low and the Kaiser Chiefs:

All Time Low: 10 songs

Kaiser Chiefs: 12 songs

GD: 30 songs

I'm neither for or against a tour with Weezer and FOB, but if it happens I'd imagine Weezer would play about 10 songs, FOB 12-15, and GD about 25-28. So about 30 minutes for Weezer, 45 minutes-1 hour for FOB, and the rest for GD. 

FOB are a bigger band atm than GD. That's just a fact. They are going to at least play an equal amount of songs. Weezer overall isn't as popular as either, at least afaik but they had a bit of a resurgence in popularity with the White album in 2016.

All Time Low is nowhere near GD's level of fame, and I don't even know the Kaiser Chiefs so I'm going to say the same for them

• Like 2

As I said on the other thread before I saw the split, it’s not that big a deal to me. Weezer have been an opening act for plenty of other bands of Green Day’s size, and imo FoB are no different to a Slaves-type band (in the UK) as someone exciting to try and bump up ticket sales.

Theyd still be the headline act on the bill as normal and play full sets…

• Like 1

• AlissaGoesRAWR changed the title to Hella Mega Tour with Weezer, Fall Out Boy - postponed
  • AlissaGoesRAWR changed the title to Hella Mega Tour with Weezer, Fall Out Boy