Hella Mega Tour with Weezer, Fall Out Boy

Sanity Loan

1 hour ago, Beerjeezus said:

Well, if someone is happy about this that's good and I'm not saying anything against that. If people will enjoy this, good for them. However, I don't think I'm being a baby when I'm disenchanted when it's revealed that a band I was looking forward to seeing is doing a money grabbing co-headline tour with a shitty pop band, the point of which clearly is to make easy money by playing an hour shorter set to the pop band's audience.

Is there really a need to bad mouth the other bands though? No. look we get it you dont like it because you think its a money grab but there is no need for the childish comments against the other bands. No one is forcing you to go see the tour if it happens suck it up and wait for the next GD tour. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Punkyyy said:

anyone with any front end programming experience knows if the website hellamegatour.com is something worth looking at? I mean if it has a password, there has to be somebody who knows what it is, just not sure if there is a correct answer based off of the site coding

Registered at the end of July in California, uses Squarespace just like the new GD site update, contains references to payment functionality and audio players. Not much to look at yet but I think it could be worth keeping an eye on.

33 minutes ago, DadBod said:

How is this a “cash grab”? Three well known bands on the same bill, I just don’t see the “cash grab” aspect of this.

And since when has GD been $$ based? They have always kept ticket prices low to keep their fans happy when they could easily charge $150 USD for the fucking nose bleeds.

Has anyone thought that maybe this is something that GD and Weezer have been wanting to do for awhile and their schedules just never coincided? 

Bands have no say in ticket prices, I doubt they would've personally liked the idea of £70 in London last year. I know the current huge pop acts are extortionate but that doesn't make their prices any more comfortable, and this is probably gonna be quite a bit and it's gonna be that much because Crush and Warner want to make a lot of money.

• Like 1

A band touring with same lable artists happens a lot. It's just getting along and win-win together and I like the idea of this tour. I never listened to Weezer but Fob is my favorite band and I will go to the concert if they visit where I live. Unfortunately all those three bands are not that big in here... but they'll sell more if they tour together. That will be good for them and they may consider to visit here for that. I'm worrying about ticket price and I wonder how many shows they'll do and where it will be.

4 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

If this means smaller shows for the rest of us outside of the big cities then it’s a win-win. The stadium shows would pay for a run of club shows for the hardcore fans like me 💚

I just want a club show in the Kansas City area. That’s all I’m asking, Billie Joe, Mike & Tre. I’ll drive 2.5 fuckin hours, pay the damn tolls and a hotel for a night (probably take 2 days  of PTO) in Kansas City.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Libertine Angel said:

Link's broken, what's it meant to be?

Tre's following Cuomo and FOB on Instagram

1 hour ago, The_real_st_jimmy said:

I hope GD plays their full set. How much do you guys think the tickets will go for?/ and how fast should you buy them once announced ?(I wanna be in the pit... I don't really care about FOB / Wheezer I just wanna see GD up close again)

I reckon tickets will be £70 for general standing, definitely the possibility that the front section will be VIP costing £100+ 

The things I dont like

1 hour ago, Minority103 said:

I don't really like this thing (if it true), for lots of reasons:

-Tickets' costs
-cutted setlist
-3 fandoms wanting the bests spots
-3 fandoms buying tickets!!! (in italy they sell out in 3 minutes (by their own), what bout now???? 0:30 secs?
-I'd prefer a GREEN DAY tour. GD Headliner and stop.

We know they use to do festivals, so I hope this would be just a part of a leg, following an arena tour. In that case I'd be ok with that ahah 

This is my concern

but I assume these won't be the only shows. for revrad they came to the UK twice and played like one or two festivals. I reckon after this stadium tour, they will do their normal types. o2 and what not. this will hopefully be cheaper as well. 

Not sure what festivals, but there won't be many that will turn them down. 

1 hour ago, Punkyyy said:

anyone with any front end programming experience knows if the website hellamegatour.com is something worth looking at? I mean if it has a password, there has to be somebody who knows what it is, just not sure if there is a correct answer based off of the site coding

I think I saw someone post that it doesn't exsist, that the password thing is fake.

however

if its not, its easily brute forced as there aren't any limits or captchas (a simple program which automatically inputs a password and trys - doing a ton of attempts every second untill it gets it. 

• Like 1

I think BJ tagging pete wentz and rivers on IG made it pretty official. I hope this is the tuesday annoucement

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DadBod said:

I just want a club show in the Kansas City area. That’s all I’m asking, Billie Joe, Mike & Tre. I’ll drive 2.5 fuckin hours, pay the damn tolls and a hotel for a night (probably take 2 days  of PTO) in Kansas City.

They’re not selling out a stadium in KC so I think you’ll be okay

2 minutes ago, DadBod said:

I’m not sure I’d classify them at this point of their career again. The music industry has shifted away from rock as the “Big guy”.  They still sold ~70,000 tickets to Wrigely in 2017. 

I don’t know what to expect from this album. I thought the Longshot songs were excellent, but I’m not expecting him to do that for GD, because that defeats the purpose of Longshot. (I wish I could have gone to one of those shows.)

As much as we look at them as a band, they are also a business who employs a staff who have families. 

I wouldn't say they're doing badly. It's surprising to me thaz revrad is talked about as a not-so-successful tour now because I thought it did fine. And yeah, I understand they're not doing this for fun, but to make as much as possible as any other business. I accept that and I'd happily buy their "product" but this most probably isn't a deal I accept.

Yes, me neither. The fact they're doing this tour makes me wonder if they really might be getting a FOB style Butch Walker makeover, because the audience they're targeting with this tour would enjoy that.

• Like 1

Just now, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

I think BJ tagging pete wentz and rivers on IG made it pretty official. I hope this is the tuesday annoucement

I hope it's not just a tour announcement on tuesday though but also a single and/or album announcement

• Like 4

I am really worried about GD having their set cut short.... but also, why would they agree to do so? Seems weird. 

I have my eyes on at least one UK show as it would be the easiest for me during the summer. 

I am more anxious than excited.

• Like 1

I would really like it if they did like 1 show in Issaquah or at The Club on Snoqualmie Ridge or something instead of having all the GD fans in Washington from Bellingham to Longview and everywhere in between to pile into CenturyLink or SafeCo field. And if   there are not that many explicit songs on the next album that would be great. And then of course, a show at CenturyLink or  Safeco because they are ENORMOUS stadiums and so they would probably still need one of those.

Edited by I’m_An_Idiotic_Cat_Lover

12 minutes ago, EmmaCharlatan&Saints said:

Is there really a need to bad mouth the other bands though? No. look we get it you dont like it because you think its a money grab but there is no need for the childish comments against the other bands. No one is forcing you to go see the tour if it happens suck it up and wait for the next GD tour. 

How am I badmouthing anybody?

The only thing I'm currently worried about is prices for these shows.

I wanted to see FOB in 2013 when there toured with Panic! and Twenty One Pilots, but did not get the chance too. Granted, I loathe MANIA so I haven't been keen on spending money to see them since the ABAP days. 

As for Weezer - I have wanted to go to a show of theirs, but I don't know enough of them to justify spending that much money in one go.

K-Pop concerts also currently have me going for broke, and there are 2 large acts that I know I will be spending around $150-$200 each when they come either later this year or the beginning of 2020.

That being said, I, like others here it seems, hope that there is a tour aside from this one that seems to have some dates floating around. Will I still attend the Stadium Show? Yes, but probably only one. I don't think I'd aim for the floor with that one. As it seems to possibly be happening in baseball stadiums here in the US, I'll probably aim for baseline seating if this all turns out to be true.

I just can't fathom missing out on Green Day at all.

Edit: If we get an announcement 9am PDT time, it'll be in 72 hours.
Oh man.

2 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

I wouldn't say they're doing badly. It's surprising to me thaz revrad is talked about as a not-so-successful tour now because I thought it did fine. And yeah, I understand they're not doing this for fun, but to make as much as possible as any other business. I accept that and I'd happily buy their "product" but this most probably isn't a deal I accept.

Yes, me neither. The fact they're doing this tour makes me wonder if they really might be getting a FOB style Butch Walker makeover, because the audience they're targeting with this tour would enjoy that.

Wasn’t it’s one of the larger grossing rock tours in 2017? Sure, it didn’t sell out every venue, but most amphitheater’s looked 80% full when you see photos. They played 4 (?) stadiums on that 17 summer run and sold 80% of the seats at each i think.

5 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

They’re not selling out a stadium in KC so I think you’ll be okay

If they brought this tour to KC, it would easily sell out the Sprint Center though. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

How am I badmouthing anybody?

Seriously...you called green day greedy cunts and are spouting shit about FOB. Grow up dude. 

Just now, DadBod said:

Wasn’t it’s one of the larger grossing rock tours in 2017? Sure, it didn’t sell out every venue, but most amphitheater’s looked 80% full when you see photos. They played 4 (?) stadiums on that 17 summer run and sold 80% of the seats at each i think.

Yes I remember reading about that. That's why this seems so unnecessary. I would understand the need to do it if they were in dire straits.

• AlissaGoesRAWR changed the title to Hella Mega Tour with Weezer, Fall Out Boy - postponed
  • AlissaGoesRAWR changed the title to Hella Mega Tour with Weezer, Fall Out Boy