Hella Mega Tour with Weezer, Fall Out Boy

Sanity Loan

15 minutes ago, Psycho Britney said:

I'm sorry if this very obvious, but who is Jake?

He’s a Photographer who was involved in an accident with a forklift at one of the US shows last summer, very badly injured.  I want to say it was in Chicago but could be wrong.

21 minutes ago, jengd said:

He’s a Photographer who was involved in an accident with a forklift at one of the US shows last summer, very badly injured.  I want to say it was in Chicago but could be wrong.

Ah, thanks for clearing that up.

Good news he's making progress in his recovery.

22 minutes ago, jengd said:

It was Philadelphia 

• Thanks 1

I can’t believe it’s almost been an entire year since I seen green day for the first time and this tour, it’s crazy how fast time flies 

• 1 month later...
59 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Wow!

I was waiting for "and then we made fake red wristbands that brought us backstage with the bands and got in a limo with lot of booze and woke up in the same bed as Billie in a unknown hotel room."

That only happens in my dreams sadly. 😥

• Haha 1
  • Surprised 1

1 hour ago, saintjimmy924 said:

Figured some people would get a kick out of my Hella Mega story here. 
So, way back in 2020 I happened to win tickets from my local radio station. I wasn't even going to go if I hadn't won them because meh, big arena shows but since I won them I figured I might as well go. I figured they would be good tickets, maybe not up front but like pretty good seats.

Well, last September finally rolls around after it got postponed and we show up and buy the preferred parking pass for the show so we could not be stuck in as much traffic getting out. I bring this up because we saw some people walking around outside with these yellow wristbands on and just for the hell of it we decided to fashion some fake wristbands out of strips of the parking pass and duct tape just to see if maybe it could get us backstage or vip or something. Anyways, I go and grab my tickets from the box office and we head inside.

We find our seats and they're like as far away as you can get. 

M1G8.png

So we figured, screw it let's go see if we can find some empty seats that are closer that we can sneak into. So we find some and we start looking at the GA pit area who are all wearing these bright yellow wristbands and notice that security isn't really paying attention, they're just looking to see if you've got the wristband or not. We look at the fake ones that we made just by accident and notice that the color is pretty close and if they aren't paying attention, we might just be able to sneak past. Long story short, we used the fake wristbands we made to sneak into the GA pit area. So in essence I got GA pit tickets for free!

M1GA.pngM1Gm.png

M1wM.jpg

M1wS.jpg

Great story that was a total punk move 🤘 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, saintjimmy924 said:

Figured some people would get a kick out of my Hella Mega story here. 

M1GA.pngM1Gm.png

M1wM.jpg

M1wS.jpg

Thanks for sharing! That's a cool idea. Yeah, those crowd control people have so much other stuff to worry about that they're not going to be looking closely. They probably aren't payed enough to care very much anyway. Hopefully sharing your story won't make it significantly more common of a thing that they start getting stricter with it.

I really hope that GD play arenas on the next tour and that it’s a while before GD tour sports stadiums again. As good as the actual Huddersfield HM gig was the venue couldn’t cope with the number of people, the stewards didn’t know where peoples entrance's were, there was a lack of both male and female toilets (loads of guys were peeing in the street after the gig), and there was a lack of food options (cheeseburger, hot dog, crisps, or chocolate bar) to cater for people who were there for 6 hours. 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, RedundantIdiot said:

I really hope that GD play arenas on the next tour and that it’s a while before GD tour sports stadiums again. As good as the actual Huddersfield HM gig was the venue couldn’t cope with the number of people, the stewards didn’t know where peoples entrance's were, there was a lack of both male and female toilets (loads of guys were peeing in the street after the gig), and there was a lack of food options (cheeseburger, hot dog, crisps, or chocolate bar) to cater for people who were there for 6 hours. 

Sounds like the same promoter who attempted Bellahouston first time! When I saw the site map that morning I was concerned about the set up, it was clearly nowhere near adequate.  It was very good in June, had a large Pissoir and a guy directing people to empty loos would you believe, it was very efficient. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, jengd said:

Sounds like the same promoter who attempted Bellahouston first time! When I saw the site map that morning I was concerned about the set up, it was clearly nowhere near adequate.  It was very good in June, had a large Pissoir and a guy directing people to empty loos would you believe, it was very efficient. 

If only the public transportation had been better. ;)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Happy he's doing well and that he found a way to reshape his art to fit in with his new life rather than giving it up. Really inspiring.

• Like 2