Hella Mega Tour with Weezer, Fall Out Boy

Sanity Loan

anyone with any front end programming experience knows if the website hellamegatour.com is something worth looking at? I mean if it has a password, there has to be somebody who knows what it is, just not sure if there is a correct answer based off of the site coding

1 minute ago, pouty bitch said:

Wait, has this actually been confirmed? Like, it's definitely happening but hasn't been announced yet? Or is it still just rumours?

Not confirmed from any of the bands.

@LaughingClock your post was helpful for perspective. Can you give some insight into the timeline on this? When would the Hella Mega tour start and end in your opinion? How will GD promote the new album (TV appearances, etc) if they’re on this tour? And am I understanding you correctly that you think GD will headline?

Also, have you heard anything about the new single or album? Is that part of the equation for whatever next week’s announcement is?

• Love 1

4 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

@LaughingClock your post was helpful for perspective. Can you give some insight into the timeline on this? When would the Hella Mega tour start and end in your opinion? How will GD promote the new album (TV appearances, etc) if they’re on this tour? And am I understanding you correctly that you think GD will headline?

Also, have you heard anything about the new single or album? Is that part of the equation for whatever next week’s announcement is?

ND, you know I would tell you if I knew. I don’t. Frankly, I’m surprised by it. I had a very close relationship with Maria and Pat and I don’t have the same relationship with Crush and unless I really dig, I have not a ton more info than you guys right now. Wish I did.

I mean I could pester people but that is never a good look. :)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, LaughingClock said:

ND, you know I would tell you if I knew. I don’t. Frankly, I’m surprised by it. I had a very close relationship with Maria and Pat and I don’t have the same relationship with Crush and unless I really dig, I have not a ton more info than you guys right now. Wish I did.

I mean I could pester people but that is never a good look. :)

But just with your knowledge of the business: when do you think the Hella Mega tour will start, how long will it be, and do you think it will be co-headlining or will GD headline? If you had to guess. 

If I remember correctly FOB actually inducted Green Day in the hall of fame, so it's not that big of a surprise they are going on tour together

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

But just with your knowledge of the business: when do you think the Hella Mega tour will start, how long will it be, and do you think it will be co-headlining or will GD headline? If you had to guess. 

It would be a guess and it depends on so many variables. My guess would be if it’s in the states, GD would be the headliner although it will probably be billed as a co-headlining tour, but whoever finishes the show, IS the headliner.

Put it to you easier. From a promoter’s mind, booking Weezer wouldn’t be totally easy but doable, same with FOB. So from that alone, I would say GD are the biggest in the states out of the 3. I say that not honestly knowing much about FOB. 

Its totally possible that my friends “in the biz” (ugh) who consistently make fun of me for being a huge GD fan might be me looking at FOB the same way. I never really gave them a chance but I certainly don’t dislike them. I honestly don’t know their albums, their sales etc.

Here is a scenario. Walking down the street, you stop and ask a stranger do you know these 3 bands.  Green Day would be recognizable to the general public who knows how much more, but I believe it would be significant. But again, in Japan, Weezer are MASSIVE.

• Like 1

Imagine coming to a fast food wanting to order big fries and the clerk tells you you only can get a menu with a drink and burger you don't enjoy and then in the end you can get small fries. Delicious.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, LaughingClock said:

As a final thought on this and then I’m back in the studio is that while Weezer might be an equal in the car (I’m gonna hold my opinion on FOB until I see them live for the second time), there just is ZERO bands with the stage presence of BJA. Tbh, the only, not even close second, is Brendon Flowers (The Killers), they put on a mean show but BJA is probably the front man living or dead, other than Freddie that is as owning the stage as BJ. I mean he’s up there to me with the likes of Elvis, Freddie and BJA as the 3 top “see them live” to get it frontmen.

Brandon has incredible stage presence, you are correct. Frank Turner does as well, but not quite in the same category.

• Love 1

My inner 17 year old is dying. Tickets are going to be a bitch to get and the price isn't going to be fun, but put that aside for now and OMG. Have wanted to see both Weezer and FOB for a while so kind of excited.

I will be slightly disappointed if this is the only tour the end up doing but knowing Green Day I would doubt that to be true. Hopefully they'll throw in some club shows at least for the time being.

• Like 1

How is this a “cash grab”? Three well known bands on the same bill, I just don’t see the “cash grab” aspect of this.

And since when has GD been $$ based? They have always kept ticket prices low to keep their fans happy when they could easily charge $150 USD for the fucking nose bleeds.

Has anyone thought that maybe this is something that GD and Weezer have been wanting to do for awhile and their schedules just never coincided? 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, **nobodylikesyou** said:

I heard the single will be Tuesday and all the media promos with radio stations/magazines will start immediately.  Not sure exactly when the actual album is supposed to drop.  World tour supposed to start in February.  

Wouldn't it be awesome if these three bands  did the halftime show for the superbowl to kick off the tour???

Wow. Yes. Yes it would

• Love 2

Wouldn't it be awesome if these three bands  did the halftime show for the superbowl to kick off the tour???

They would only get 1 song each. the Super Bowl halftime show is only like 18 minutes long.

9 minutes ago, DadBod said:

How is this a “cash grab”? Three well known bands on the same bill, I just don’t see the “cash grab” aspect of this.

And since when has GD been $$ based? They have always kept ticket prices low to keep their fans happy when they could easily charge $150 USD for the fucking nose bleeds.

Has anyone thought that maybe this is something that GD and Weezer have been wanting to do for awhile and their schedules just never coincided? 

The way I see it it's milking the 00's nostalgia and from Green Day also a way to ride the way of FOB being currently more mainstream.

Well, I guess since 2019 :P

16 minutes ago, DadBod said:

I think some people forget the label is in business to make money....it costs ALOT of money to send these guys and their crews on tour.  I think this is a phenomenal way to come back. This will get way more publicity than if they were on their own. 

4 minutes ago, DadBod said:

They would only get 1 song each. the Super Bowl halftime show is only like 18 minutes long.

Maybe they would  collaborate. I worked the superbowl with beyonce bruno and coldplay (not really my cup of tea) but all big names.  It worked out ok!

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, **nobodylikesyou** said:

I think some people forget the label is in business to make money....it costs ALOT of money to send these guys and their crews on tour.  I think this is a phenomenal way to come back. This will get way more publicity than if they were on their own. 

I’m actually warming to the idea, as long as the Hella Mega tour is short and GD  does their own tour.

• Like 2

Agreed. 

4 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

The way I see it it's milking the 00's nostalgia and from Green Day also a way to ride the way of FOB being currently more mainstream.

Well, I guess since 2019 :P

I’m sure you felt the same way about the Pop disaster tour...

Looking at the music industry, Rock/Punk/Alternative is not the $$$ it was in the 2000’s. Warped Tour has ended it’s run in the states. Lolla is only at certain cities now and it’s all AT40 bands. 

If it fails, it fails. If it works, then great. 

3 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

I’m actually warming to the idea, as long as the Hella Mega tour is short and GD  does their own tour.

I feel like GD would still do their own. It might be a longer club show tour, but this is a band that love to play live in many sizes of venues. 

• Like 1

I think this tour will get a lot of good publicity, and GD always do more than 1 tour cycle in the US and Europe for each album so I'm sure they'll tour on their own in support of the album. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DadBod said:

I’m sure you felt the same way about the Pop disaster tour...

Looking at the music industry, Rock/Punk/Alternative is not the $$$ it was in the 2000’s. Warped Tour has ended it’s run in the states. Lolla is only at certain cities now and it’s all AT40 bands. 

If it fails, it fails. If it works, then great. 

I feel like GD would still do their own. It might be a longer club show tour, but this is a band that love to play live in many sizes of venues. 

It's what they did at the commercially lowest point of their pre-AI career...

That's true. I'm betting on a poppy album to go with this.

Yes, I mean, I understand that this is a good business move so if it goes well good for them.

11 minutes ago, **nobodylikesyou** said:

Maybe they would  collaborate. I worked the superbowl with beyonce bruno and coldplay (not really my cup of tea) but all big names.  It worked out ok!

It could work, but I just don’t see 3 rock bands doing the Super Bowl. I have a feeling it will be someone like Billie Elish or Lizzo. They usually go for AT40 acts. 

If this means smaller shows for the rest of us outside of the big cities then it’s a win-win. The stadium shows would pay for a run of club shows for the hardcore fans like me 💚

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Beerjeezus said:

It's what they did at the commercially lowest point of their pre-AI career...

That's true. I'm betting on a poppy album to go with this.

Yes, I mean, I understand that this is a good business move so if it goes well good for them.

I’m not sure I’d classify them at this point of their career again. The music industry has shifted away from rock as the “Big guy”.  They still sold ~70,000 tickets to Wrigely in 2017. 

I don’t know what to expect from this album. I thought the Longshot songs were excellent, but I’m not expecting him to do that for GD, because that defeats the purpose of Longshot. (I wish I could have gone to one of those shows.)

As much as we look at them as a band, they are also a business who employs a staff who have families. 

• Like 2

• AlissaGoesRAWR changed the title to Hella Mega Tour with Weezer, Fall Out Boy - postponed
  • AlissaGoesRAWR changed the title to Hella Mega Tour with Weezer, Fall Out Boy