Hella Mega Tour with Weezer, Fall Out Boy

Sanity Loan

I hope GD plays their full set. How much do you guys think the tickets will go for?/ and how fast should you buy them once announced ?(I wanna be in the pit... I don't really care about FOB / Wheezer I just wanna see GD up close again)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, The_real_st_jimmy said:

I hope GD plays their full set. How much do you guys think the tickets will go for?/ and how fast should you buy them once announced ?(I wanna be in the pit... I don't really care about FOB / Wheezer I just wanna see GD up close again)

Last tour was about 60-70€, so this could be about 100? Such a money grab ugh

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Honestly, I think you guys are being babies. People on the Fall Out Boy and Weezer reddit communities seem to be excited, meanwhile you guys are just complaining before the tour's even been announced yet. A lot of people who are fans of GD are also fans of FOB and/or Weezer. GD is my favourite band, I'm mixed on FOB and Weezer but they both have good songs

To me, they can also go on tour with Guns 'n' Roses' skeletons, as long as they release something! 😛

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, Hermione said:

If it was Green Day with Weezer and FOB as support then that's how it would be, but if it's specifically meant to be "co-headlining" doesn't that mean it would be different?

They wouldn’t coheadline tho. Green Day are much bigger than either of them

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Jrem said:

I'm just really concerned about ticket prices

Same. I can handle a co-headline show even if it’s not what I want. Ticket prices are what I’m really worried about. I’m not really willing to pay more money to see less Green Day..

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Joe. said:

Indeed, putting aside YouTube views, gd is the superior live band of them all...wouldn't even make sense to not play them last and the longest since none of the others would ever be able to top their performance

• Like 2

I don't get how people think GD are bigger than FOB right now. FOB in 2015 had several hits and their album American Beauty/American Psycho was huge. Even Mania in 2018, even though it did pretty poor commercially by their standard still had better sales and streaming numbers than Revolution Radio

3 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

Well, if someone is happy about this that's good and I'm not saying anything against that. If people will enjoy this, good for them. However, I don't think I'm being a baby when I'm disenchanted when it's revealed that a band I was looking forward to seeing is doing a money grabbing co-headline tour with a shitty pop band, the point of which clearly is to make easy money by playing an hour shorter set to the pop band's audience.

But you don't even know anything about this tour yet other than GD are touring with Weezer and FOB. Both bands are fans of Green Day, they have crossover appeal and you're making the assumption that you'll be paying more for less GD. You don't know anything about the tour yet

Btw if Weezer don't play El Scorcho on this tour, I'll be mad! Because it references Green Day :lol:

1 minute ago, Dado_xx91 said:

https://www.facebook.com/events/418132445499076/
There's already a FB event for the Paris show. It says from 7pm to 11:30pm, so if the times are true I guess they could play 1 hour each band, or GD could play 1:30 hours but still way less than an usual GD set.

I am unsure how reliable all this info is tbh, I feel you should expect an announcement like this to come from official sources first, not some random french concert site...I mean we are talking 3 major artists here, a huge management company and lots of people involved...surely they are very aware of what's going on here, seems unlikely these french guys would be the ones to find out first and no action taken against them for posting early...still I might be wrong

18 minutes ago, Joe. said:

Just saw the original source of this posted at the top of the page and I don't even know why people are saying co headline now lol. People are just describing it as that for some reason. But like, aren't they too big to just be support? They're in a weird place where they're too big for that but not really on a par to be co headliners imo. I guess maybe it would be billed as all three but Green Day would really be the main act. I feel like this still sounds expensive though

23 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Honestly, I think you guys are being babies. People on the Fall Out Boy and Weezer reddit communities seem to be excited, meanwhile you guys are just complaining before the tour's even been announced yet. A lot of people who are fans of GD are also fans of FOB and/or Weezer. GD is my favourite band, I'm mixed on FOB and Weezer but they both have good songs

That's because the news isn't that their bands are touring with two inferior bands that will likely make the shows shorter than usual and tickets more expensive  :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Christian's Inferno! said:

But you don't even know anything about this tour yet other than GD are touring with Weezer and FOB. Both bands are fans of Green Day, they have crossover appeal and you're making the assumption that you'll be paying more for less GD. You don't know anything about the tour yet

I know it's happening and from my point of view it's a bad deal for me. I don't often say "thanks I hate it" but this is the occasion where it's fitting.

• Like 4

I don't really like this thing (if it true), for lots of reasons:

-Tickets' costs
-cutted setlist
-3 fandoms wanting the bests spots
-3 fandoms buying tickets!!! (in italy they sell out in 3 minutes (by their own), what bout now???? 0:30 secs?
-I'd prefer a GREEN DAY tour. GD Headliner and stop.

We know they use to do festivals, so I hope this would be just a part of a leg, following an arena tour. In that case I'd be ok with that ahah 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Just saw the original source of this posted at the top of the page and I don't even know why people are saying co headline now lol. People are just describing it as that for some reason. But like, aren't they too big to just be support? They're in a weird place where they're too big for that but not really on a par to be co headliners imo. I guess maybe it would be billed as all three but Green Day would really be the main act. I feel like this still sounds expensive though

If they're co-headlining it's absolutely shit and most probably not worth it, if they're just support bands, it's not great, not terrible. Probably still expensive enough to consider not going and two bands I'm not interested in, but at least the gd would play a regular set.

4 minutes ago, Minority103 said:

We know they use to do festivals, so I hope this would be just a part of a leg, following an arena tour. In that case I'd be o with that ahah 

If there's an arena tour they'll definitely sell this first or no one buys it. So patience is our friend. 

• Like 2

Plenty of UK festivals do the 'co-headliner' thing just to stroke the smaller bands ego.  Who ever comes on last gets the longer set.  Green Day are still the bigger band, regardless of recent chart success.  That's why they sell out stadiums when they come over and Fall Out Boy play arenas.  Green Day have had an extra 20 years building up their fanbase and reputation as one of the best live bands around, they will easily get a longer set.

Also, can you really imagine any of the guys in Green Day agreeing to play a shorter set after the iheart radio incident 😅

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, LaughingClock said:

Do you guys have any idea how big Weezer are in Japan?

I know Rivers loves to sing about those"Goddamn, half-Japanese girls".

I'm OK with this announcement. If it gets a lot of publicity (which it will) then that's good for the band's relevance and staying power. I could do without Fall Out Boy, but Weezer is one of my favorite bands and they are a lot of fun live.

Plus, how great will it be when Weezer performs El Scorcho and they sing, "I asked you to go to the Green Day concert" and we all scream in joy?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I'm just gonna keep hoping this doesn't come to Australia. No way I'll be able to afford traveling for it, or that I want to compete with FOB fans for barrier :(

23 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Weezer definitely aren’t too big, they’re struggling to sell out Brixton academy (I think). FoB maybe but they could only co headline reading so I think they’re a reasonable support for a couple one off stadium gigs

Wait, has this actually been confirmed? Like, it's definitely happening but hasn't been announced yet? Or is it still just rumours?

• AlissaGoesRAWR changed the title to Hella Mega Tour with Weezer, Fall Out Boy - postponed
  • AlissaGoesRAWR changed the title to Hella Mega Tour with Weezer, Fall Out Boy