Hella Mega Tour with Weezer, Fall Out Boy

Sanity Loan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Maybe I missed it, but are Amyl & the Sniffers no longer the support on the Europe leg of the tour? Only they're no longer listed on either the GD website tour page, the HM website tour page, and have gone from the HM Spotify playlist. Not that I'm complaining, as it may mean more GD.

• Like 1

On 9/22/2020 at 11:34 AM, desertrose said:

Watch Weezer and Fall Out Boy Compete on Celebrity Family Feud

https://pitchfork.com/news/watch-weezer-and-fall-out-boy-compete-on-celebrity-family-feud/?fbclid=IwAR2q7JsQ1d2zIigPcVD2lvE5_ICcM8MxhBpUBoIYx_QMxtLp7oiXk--sKCw

You can watch full episode from last night on HULU or On Demand

Omg!! Thank you for sharing this!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

If Hella Mega can't happen next year (and I think with every passing day the dream that we can go back to normal next year, at least the first half, gets more and more unlikely), do you think they will postpone it again? Would that even be reasonable from a financial perspective? Or will Hella Mega go down in GD history as "The Tour That Never Happened"?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

47 minutes ago, Thatsername said:

If Hella Mega can't happen next year (and I think with every passing day the dream that we can go back to normal next year, at least the first half, gets more and more unlikely), do you think they will postpone it again? Would that even be reasonable from a financial perspective? Or will Hella Mega go down in GD history as "The Tour That Never Happened"?

I don’t know the math involved, but I wonder if it depends on how big a hit they take each time they postpone it and what the profit margins are on a tour this size. If any one of the financial players backs out it might not happen. But companies are also desperate to get back to business and they need shows to be booked in 2022 for that to happen so they may be willing to regardless (unless there is better opportunity in scrapping and booking all new tours)

• Like 2

I'm also curious how this will change the Green Day show as we know it? No more people up on stage to share the microphone, no pit (don't know how they'll untangle that - maybe temperature checks as people go in?), It'll definitely be quite different.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

When the covid will be over people will start to hug each other again. We're not gonna be from a distance for the rest of our live. Normal life will be back. 2022 is my guess.

I think once we have a fully distributed vaccine normal life will resume by 2022 and pits and crowds will look the same. But I do wonder if Billie will pull back on the stage hugs and kisses anyway. Will he still bring up to 3 or 4 fans onstage every night? 

• Like 2

they might not be able to get people on stage again, because that might be risky. (even though you don’t even get quarantined when you’ve spent less then 15 minutes with the infected person, it’s still a big risk to take, endangering the rest of the tour.) But I guess that’s it? I mean, shows up to 5000 people were allowed this summer (and now we’re one of the most fucked countries in the world lmao) and everything was business as usual. If that’s how it looked at the height of the pandemic,  I doubt there’ll be many big changes when it’s over.

I doubt it will be possible to do world tours until there’s a vaccine anyway. You can’t really bubble when you’re travelling and whenever someone gets ill, lots of people get quarantined and if shows get cancelled, there’ll be money lost and you can’t get insured against that. If someone from the band gets ill, the tour is over too. That’s risky af.

• Like 1

Maybe at first he'll pull back, but I think after a bit he'll just pull up and hug people as normal.

• Like 2

I'm really confident about Billie Joe putting people up on stage again. But we can't know. Covid hurt old people and Billie is what? 70 years old? He's not gonna risk his life.

On 9/30/2020 at 9:57 PM, remember2learn2forget said:

Omg!! Thank you for sharing this!

You know, I have fantasized about Green Day doing Family Feud and if that doesn't happen I am going to be pissed. 🤣

Just thought of how a group of GDCers from multiple countries, including me, caught swine flu from each other through going to GD shows in 2009. Still the most ill I've ever been, felt like I was going to die. There were literally zero precautions taken against it lol. I also don't think shows will happen next year but I don't feel that bad about it, the way I see it they will play shows again eventually, it'll be awesome when they do, and if this particular one is cancelled at least I get a nice £80 back. 

I think if we've reached a point where people being packed in a crowd like sardines is allowed we'll also be at a point where pulling people on stage is fine, the two will go hand in hand.

• Like 3

As optimistic as I want to be that this will happen next year, I really don't think it will. Currently in Alberta we can't have more than 50 people in an indoor space, so to try to go from that to 40,000 in a year... I just don't see it happening. I'm not optimistic they'll just postpone it again either; I think if it can't happen in 2021, I don't see it happening at all. Hopefully I'm wrong though. I'm dying to go back to a concert. :( and just travel/see friends in general.

• Like 3

I'm starting to think shows won't happen next year either, but I'm hanging on to the little bit of optimism I have left! We can only hope.

5 hours ago, Thatsername said:

Never thought I'd get NiFi'd twice! :lol: 

2 hours ago, Hermione said:

Just thought of how a group of GDCers from multiple countries, including me, caught swine flu from each other through going to GD shows in 2009.

How have I never heard this story?

9 minutes ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

Never thought I'd get NiFi'd twice! :lol: 

How have I never heard this story?

It's not that interesting but a whole bunch of people met up and travelled to the UK shows together (led by Sharon, who you may have heard sadly died earlier this year) from around the UK, US and Europe. Stayed at Sharon and Graham's house in London, went around to the shows in a minivan, loads of GDCers and other fans met up at each show. And a few had horrible flu that I later discovered was almost certainly swine flu when I got it. I just went to one show and I think I avoided it but then went back a week later for a surprise FBHT show. Beer was constantly being passed out from the stage to the crowd with everyone taking sips and passing it on so no surprise I ended up with it :P. It was a different time!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I think the first indication of what they are gonna do about this tour will be soon when the March dates get closer. If the Asia dates are rescheduled again to 2022 it may mean they intend to go ahead with the whole thing. If they get canceled outright this time that will tell you something about what to expect maybe. 

• Like 4

On 10/14/2020 at 12:28 PM, pacejunkie punk said:

I think once we have a fully distributed vaccine normal life will resume by 2022 and pits and crowds will look the same. But I do wonder if Billie will pull back on the stage hugs and kisses anyway. Will he still bring up to 3 or 4 fans onstage every night? 

No tongue.

• Haha 1

• AlissaGoesRAWR changed the title to Hella Mega Tour with Weezer, Fall Out Boy