Pinhead Gunpowder Shows/Record

fink2020

10 hours ago, fink2020 said:

heard through the wind PG is coming back soon. anybody else hear anything?

I haven't heard anything about it. Who said to you they're coming back?

Doesn't look too promising to me with Green Day possibly being up to something this fall/next year, but I wish it were true. 

2 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

Doesn't look too promising to me with Green Day possibly being up to something this fall/next year, but I wish it were true. 

the source is reliable. the exact quote i got was "green day isn't doing shit and pinhead gunpowder is coming back" just thought someone on here might be able to confirm or deny

51 minutes ago, fink2020 said:

the source is reliable. the exact quote i got was "green day isn't doing shit and pinhead gunpowder is coming back" just thought someone on here might be able to confirm or deny

Not so sure about that “Green Day isn’t doing shit” part so I question the whole thing

53 minutes ago, fink2020 said:

I think the burden of proof is on you then if you're saying there's an "exact quote" you heard. Who did you hear this from?

10 hours ago, That Dude said:

Could this be the year Billie bring out ALL of his bands????

But Pinhead isn’t really Billie’s group is it? It’s more Aaron’s band that Billie is just a member of is how I always took it 

9 hours ago, WhiteTim said:

But Pinhead isn’t really Billie’s group is it? It’s more Aaron’s band that Billie is just a member of is how I always took it 

It's a group with Billie in it.  

• 2 weeks later...

Jason, Billie, Bill, Greg, and Chris played a "secret" show last night at the Golden Bull in Oakland - some Pinhead and Influents covers, classic rock covers a la the Coverups, a couple Longshot songs, and a Green Day song for good measure (Fell for You). They played under the name "The Del Gatos", and before that, the flyer just said "The Jason White Band". I went out expecting to see Jason play a few Influents songs, but definitely wasn't expecting all of that! The guys all seemed happy to be there. They did an encore that was just about as long as their setlist. Really amazing show!

One thing I respect about Billie is that he cheers and claps and listens through all of the opening bands, even if they're not drawing a huge crowd. He was standing by me for awhile at the show, and I went up to say hey. He snapped a pic with me, I told him that his kid's band is my favorite band, and we chatted briefly about how awesome they are lol. 

Anyways, can't say for sure about a Pinhead reunion, but this new side project looks promising!

I don’t know how new it is when it’s really just a slightly different version of the Coverups with some Longshot and other songs thrown in. They only played one Pinhead song.  I think Billie just likes having an outlet to be able to play with his friends in his bar at a whim. They’re all on his payroll so he could mix up the lineup and play whatever and whenever he wants. It’s fun if you’re lucky enough to catch a show that’s for sure.  I’m sure he’ll continue to do stuff like this even though Del Gatos are not much different from the other side bands he’s had going on recently.

I get a sense that he has to keep coming up with new names in order to continue to fly under the radar now that Coverups and Longshot are familiar names to fans. He can’t advertise them anymore or the crowds descend. 

That's true - I'm still happy to see them all making music together and having a good time. I'm digging the direction they've been going in lately with the classic / rock n roll sound. 

8 minutes ago, amandagoestoshows said:

That's true - I'm still happy to see them all making music together and having a good time. I'm digging the direction they've been going in lately with the classic / rock n roll sound. 

Yeah over in the album anticipation thread folks are wondering if that classic sound will find its way onto the next Green Day release.

I know Billie only wrote a handful of Pinhead lyrics so out of kindness is anyone able to list all of them please and thank you?

41 minutes ago, Jollyroger118 said:

I know Billie only wrote a handful of Pinhead lyrics so out of kindness is anyone able to list all of them please and thank you?

Just the ones he wrote?  27, New Blood, and Anniversary Song.

53 minutes ago, Montclare said:

Just the ones he wrote?  27, New Blood, and Anniversary Song.

Thanks for that! I'm kinda surprised he didn't write Beastly Bit since he's played it a couple of times without Pinhead.

Just now, Jollyroger118 said:

Thanks for that! I'm kinda surprised he didn't write Beastly Bit since he's played it a couple of times without Pinhead.

He even perform "Losers of the year" inside a Green Day show, way before it was recorded for PHGP. Also, early versions of Geek Stink Breath, called 'Patient Hatians' were performed with Pinhead in early 94 :)

There’s no Pinhead without Aaron, that was just a pretty good cover band :P 

I would love to see them doing something together again, but I cannot see that happening any time soon 😔

12 hours ago, greendepent said:

He even perform "Losers of the year" inside a Green Day show, way before it was recorded for PHGP. Also, early versions of Geek Stink Breath, called 'Patient Hatians' were performed with Pinhead in early 94 :)

Is that a fact now I gotta hit youtube.

Alright I couldn't find it so anyone have audio for Patient Haitians??

Just now, Jollyroger118 said:

Is that a fact now I gotta hit youtube.

Alright I couldn't find it so anyone have audio for Patient Haitians??

You can find it on this forum on the download section :)

Archived