2 hour podcast with Jeff Matika posted today

jetsrule128

Just now, SnaggletoothRecords said:

lol the hate for Jeff is real haha 

Honestly, Mike Pelino was way better as he was involved with Green Day for much much longer than Jeff as the band knew him personally going back to their teenage years. 

The thing with his gf sounds lame but it's not really any of our business.  I know.. he pretty much made it a public thing but still I'm not motivated to stick my nose in it. 

Yeah the relationship isn't but him choosing to try and involve Green Day fans (since Green Day fans are the only people who are interested to follow him on social media so that's specifically who he was speaking to) in trashing/harassing someone is where it became relevant to us and where people have every right to form an opinion on him based on his public behaviour.

But like, now the reason for some people disliking him is cleared up can we stay on topic please, it isn't a general Jeff discussion thread.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, SnaggletoothRecords said:

Honestly, Mike Pelino was way better as he was involved with Green Day for much much longer than Jeff as the band knew him personally going back to their teenage years. 

Mike Pelino and Ronnie Blake was fucking amazing during the 2004-05 era.

This sounds like something I would love to not listen to 

13 hours ago, DookieLukie said:

Why does everyone hate Jeff?

3 hours ago, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

Can someone reminds me why we hate Jeff? 

Because I hear he crosses the street like a bitch. :ninja: 

CC: @Khaleesi. @Lindsay

10 hours ago, Hermione said:

Because he used his position of fame in Green Day to encourage Green Day fans who follow him on social media to harass his 22 year old non-famous ex girlfriend (who received abuse as a result of him airing their dirty laundry on there), and didn't even apologise after he was called out. Also some people already just didn't like his somewhat sarcastic attitude towards fans, but that's the main reason now.

Was anyone a big enough Jeff fan to go along with such a plan?

I'm choosing not to weigh in on the situation between Jeff and his ex because I don't really know what happened and none of us really know what happened. He's certainly been a cunt for encouraging harrassment but I just don't find Jeff interesting at all, certainly not enough to listen to a 2 hour podcast of him

21 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

Surprisingly yes, there were people who did as he requested. (Plus he was enough of an asshole on his own.)

16 hours ago, DookieLukie said:

Why does everyone hate Jeff?

I wouldn’t say I hate him, but I don’t like him.

5 hours ago, SnaggletoothRecords said:

Also an additional statement on the whole Jeff gf thing: Yes he may have reached out to GD fans to harass her or whatever the story is but we all have freewill. We can choose to ignore him and not harass her! 

Yes we can, and I would say the majority of people didn’t harass that girl, but that’s not the point is it. The point is he tried to influence his followers, (most of whom only follow him because of his connection to Green Day) to harass a girl he used to date. It was a terrible thing to do. 

8 hours ago, DookieLukie said:

He decided to post about their relationship ending/her allegedly cheating on instagram (multiple posts) and some of his followers (ie Green Day fans) started trashing her and sending her hate on their own. When he was told that was happening he said keep it coming. At some point when someone called him out he posted a half apology in reply, but then deleted it along with his other posts about it, and has never addressed it since. 

So yeah that immature behaviour which caused a non famous young woman to be publicly trashed and harassed is why people dislike him. 

20 hours ago, Alan86 said:

I wouldn’t say I hate him, but I don’t like him.

Yes we can, and I would say the majority of people didn’t harass that girl, but that’s not the point is it. The point is he tried to influence his followers, (most of whom only follow him because of his connection to Green Day) to harass a girl he used to date. It was a terrible thing to do. 

The point is that people have free will. I really don't give a fuck what Jeff Matika tells me to do. I'll do whatever the fuck I want and think is right. I'm not harassing someone because someone that plays with Green Day told me to. 

Absolutely what he did was a terrible thing but it would have been a way better learning experience if no one actually listened to him. 

if i wanted to listen to a cunt talking for two hours i'd go and watch one of donald trump's rallies. this is a strong pass from me.

33 minutes ago, SnaggletoothRecords said:

The point is that people have free will. I really don't give a fuck what Jeff Matika tells me to do. I'll do whatever the fuck I want and think is right. I'm not harassing someone because someone that plays with Green Day told me to. 

Absolutely what he did was a terrible thing but it would have been a way better learning experience if no one actually listened to him. 

Thats fine and everyone has free will. That's an entirely different thing.

He tried to influence people to harass someone else. Weather anyone actually did is irrelevant, he tried to get people to do that which is a shit thing to do.

Archived