Next Album Anticipation Thread....Chapter 2

Hermione

6 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Not according to Mike if you saw Cuatro and that was 2012. He explicitly said they live an alternative lifestyle and music comes first, everything and everyone else comes second and their families know and accept this. 

They may have changed their approach since, especially when at that time they seemed determined to tour with Billie's dead body if they had to, but surprisingly it didn't work so since then a lot may have changed and they'd be more willing to prioritise private life over work now. However, we can't know, of course.

• Replies 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

is there any info to be analyzed or has this turned into a circlejerk again? 

1 minute ago, Sarcasm said:

is there any info to be analyzed or has this turned into a circlejerk again? 

It never stopped being a circlejerk, go home.

44 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

"Otis the asshole yells all night long" was on repeat a lot this year 

Lead single!

21 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

They may have changed their approach since, especially when at that time they seemed determined to tour with Billie's dead body if they had to, but surprisingly it didn't work so since then a lot may have changed and they'd be more willing to prioritise private life over work now. However, we can't know, of course.

It seems that they've refocused their priorities over the last few years. Billie kept saying during his "Ordinary World" promos that family comes first for him. 

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Not according to Mike if you saw Cuatro and that was 2012. He explicitly said they live an alternative lifestyle and music comes first, everything and everyone else comes second and their families know and accept this. 

😂

saying that in a music doc is one thing, in reality all the individuals and their families will always come first. It’s never going to be the case where they have to choose one or the other, but one can certainly wait for the other, and Green Day can certainly wait until everyone involved is ready.

12 minutes ago, Alan86 said:

😂

saying that in a music doc is one thing, in reality all the individuals and their families will always come first. It’s never going to be the case where they have to choose one or the other, but one can certainly wait for the other, and Green Day can certainly wait until everyone involved is ready.

This debate is getting out of hand. Of course I didn’t mean when tragedy strikes screw the family and neither did he, just that if your kid is a year old give or take a month it’s not going to matter that much when the album is released and when they leave on tour. Don’t blow this out of proportion.

29 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

This debate is getting out of hand. Of course I didn’t mean when tragedy strikes screw the family and neither did he, just that if your kid is a year old give or take a month it’s not going to matter that much when the album is released and when they leave on tour. Don’t blow this out of proportion.

Who said anything about tragedy? I meant in general, family will still be first.

4 hours ago, Groene Dag said:

What if they put out the album without any teasers and dropping singles,

Ive been thinking this might happen for a while - kinda hoping it does.

59 minutes ago, Alan86 said:

😂

Yeah, I can understand that such comments about "the band being in first place" get a lot of likes on a forum like GDC, since it is filled with well... the band's fans. For them/us, the band does come first almost per definition, because everyone is a fan of the band. Of course most of us aren't heartless, we undestand they're people like us and additionally some may have also branched out into caring for Billie, Mike and Tre etc. for other reasons, but at the end of the day, most of us are fans of Green Day, the band. That however, is living in our bubble. Honestly, there might well have been a time and place in the past where some/all of the guys indeed felt the band was more important than anything else, but that would have been most likely before they had "made it". These days, though Green Day is still massively important to them, it doesn't matter too greatly if they take more/less time off and even if it did, that wouldn't be reason enough to put personal needs (where family is honestly only one possible factor of many) second. 

3 hours ago, WhiteTim said:

They should pull a Beyoncé and just release the album one night unannounced no early singles just one night open iTunes and bam see a new Green Day album

Well by then Prob Spotify, RIP ITunes :( 

It would be killer if this happens though! I'm not sure the label would exactly be for it because let's be honest Beyonce is a bigger artist and she got away with it. GD kinda would benefit from singles and promotion. They did tease a little with pictures of the studio but i don't think that was enough to get attention of a larger audience outside of the main fanbase. 

3 hours ago, WhiteTim said:

They should pull a Beyoncé and just release the album one night unannounced no early singles just one night open iTunes and bam see a new Green Day album

Only just saw this - do you really want this or am I the only one.

4 minutes ago, PursuitOfEpicness said:

They did tease a little with pictures of the studio but i don't think that was enough to get attention of a larger audience outside of the main fanbase. 

I don't think there will be much attention outside their current fanbase.

15 minutes ago, The Insider said:

I don't think there will be much attention outside their current fanbase.

I honestly don’t think they took the superfans into account when they made that recent tease post, that is that we already know they recorded an album. That tease was meant for fans who didn’t even know that, it was the first official announcement that an album is in the works, nothing more.

Just now, pacejunkie punk said:

I honestly don’t think they took the superfans into account when they made that recent tease post, that is that we already know they recorded an album. That tease was meant for fans who didn’t even know that, it was the first official announcement that an album is in the works, nothing more.

If they dropped the entire album on spotify &  on their 2.5 million insta followers I don't think they will gain much more attention outside of that - is kinda what I mean. 

2 minutes ago, The Insider said:

If they dropped the entire album on spotify &  on their 2.5 million insta followers I don't think they will gain much more attention outside of that - is kinda what I mean. 

They'll probably update the Oakland Coffee playlist with the new album 😅

15 minutes ago, The Insider said:

I agree. If you look at their most recent Instagram post (on the Green Day page), the post only has half the likes that their picture of them at Woodstock got. Maybe it doesn't matter that much, but you would think a post indicating that they are in the studio would garner a bit more attention than that.

2 minutes ago, Zebahar said:

I agree. If you look at their most recent Instagram post (on the Green Day page), the post only has half the likes that their picture of them at Woodstock got. Maybe it doesn't matter that much, but you would think a post indicating that they are in the studio would garner a bit more attention than that.

Probably because half the people are following them just for sentimental reasons - hell even hubby still brings up the Woodstock mud fight & he does'nt care a shit about what they do, produce etc.  

7 minutes ago, Zebahar said:

You’re confusing likes with video views. The studio pics have 159,812 likes and the Woodstock record video has only 76,767 likes

4 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

You’re confusing likes with video views. The studio pics have 159,812 likes and the Woodstock record video has only 76,767 likes

The post before that one

53 minutes ago, The Insider said:

Only just saw this - do you really want this or am I the only one.

Yeah I’d like that personally no singles no hint of how the album will sound like just drop it and be all fresh 

7 minutes ago, WhiteTim said:

Yeah I’d like that personally no singles no hint of how the album will sound like just drop it and be all fresh 

I kinda want an announcement first. There’s nothing better than the feeling of anticipation, like now, as we’re waiting for the announcement!!!

3 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

There’s nothing better than the feeling of anticipation, like now,

The anticipation of going to the dentist to get a tooth pulled is a better feeling than this thread.

C'mon 100 pages

22 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

I kinda want an announcement first. There’s nothing better than the feeling of anticipation, like now, as we’re waiting for the announcement!!!

Is this fun? Are we having fun yet?

😄

23 minutes ago, The Insider said:

The anticipation of going to the dentist to get a tooth pulled is a better feeling than this thread.

C'mon 100 pages

100 pages and we literally just got a pic of a bull 😂

10 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Is this fun? Are we having fun yet?

😄

tenor.gif?itemid=13045014

Dam it - still didnt make it

15 minutes ago, John.reject23 said:

282 pages if you include the first round.

16 minutes ago, John.reject23 said:

NOOOO....it was a buffalo

• Khaleesi. locked this topic

Archived